Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

emisixo

Morning lovely tattlers. Went to hospital yesterday as I was worried about twin 1’s movements. They told me the day before at the last growth scan that twin 1 hadn’t grown that much in 2 weeks and wanted to move my c-section forward to yesterday. I panicked but then weighed up all the options and declined. Then I was worried I’d made the wrong choice so went back to get monitored and decided I wasn’t feeling twin 1 at all.
They offered the c-section again and I accepted.
I’m sitting here now with a boy and a girl born 5/10/23 after a very positive c-section experience. The boy is the smaller one weighing in at 5lb 4 and girl at 6lb 9.
Both doing well 🥰🥰🥰

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 42

fudgebox

VIP Member
I’m 35+6, my waters went this morning so I’ve been in hospital most the day to get checked, they’ve sent me home with antibiotics so I don’t get an infection. I haven’t dilated but I’m having contractions and they said if I haven’t gone into labour by next Thursday I will have to go in to be induced🥲
I had 3 days left in work aswell I’ve just had to cancel all my clients 😩
So went home and contractions were getting worse, my mum came over to pack my hospital bag for me and I was lying in bed I could feel myself wanting to push!! I waited for my husband to come home and said I want to go to hospital, so my mum drove me there and I was pushing in the car, then pushing in the carpark and in the corridors up to the delivery ward and they got me on the bed and said omg we can see the head!! He was born within 30 mins of us arriving at the hospital! We’re both doing well I’m just in shock I think with it all happening so quickly and early and I had no pain relief!

Baby Fudge was born at 6.35pm at 5.14 lbs and he’s a boy!!! I was convinced he would be a girl but he’s gorgeous🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 36

Onlylittleme

Chatty Member
After years of infertility and failed IVF, I'm finally pregnant naturally 🤞 I've reached 3 months so starting to relax a little 🙌

• Heart
Reactions: 31

AllTheBest2022

VIP Member
I've graduated from this thread 🥹 was admitted at the weekend due to pre-eclampsia and they decided to bring my caesarean date forward to today as it was safest for both me and baby. Really surprised at how well the caesarean went and was up and mobile within 5-6 hours, difficult getting out of the bed but no-where near as hard as I expected, this may change when bruising etc sets in. Good luck to you all and thanks for the support and advice you have all offered me throughout this pregnancy 🩷

• Heart
Reactions: 30

JulesC

VIP Member
Baby C has arrived, no name yet as I’m too tired to commit 🤣

Had a really positive planned c-section experience and baby was born to my favourite fleetwood Mac song. I’m now taking alllllll the painkillers but so happy 💖

• Heart
Reactions: 28

JulesC

VIP Member
My section is tomorrow morning so baby should be here by lunchtime 💖

It’s so weird that I know I’m having a baby tomorrow 🤣

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 24

Jellycat369

Chatty Member
One healthy little baby, all measuring perfectly 🥰 We are Team Blue again, which even if the tech hadn't shown us was pretty obvious. The kid ain't shy 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22

Burrito88

VIP Member
A little update while I do the night feed (!)
Our baby arrived at 39+6 by scheduled section. Came into the world bum first as he refused to turn head down😂 we ended up staying in for an extra couple of nights so I advise packing as much as you can, and even having an emergency bag in the car. My husband had to drive home on day 4 to stock up on maternity pads, spare sleepsuits and extra snacks.
These early days have been so lovely but sooooo hard! Please lean on your partners/family/friends where you can. I have to say I am definitely one and done after this experience but our baby boy has made it all worth it.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
I had my 12 week scan today. Everything went well. After 2 losses last year the feeling was unbelievable seeing our little baby moving about 🥺 It was so surreal! I’ve already got one child but the feeling of seeing your little baby on the screen is amazing! I sobbed 🥰🥺

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Cjh78

Chatty Member
Morning lovely tattlers. Went to hospital yesterday as I was worried about twin 1’s movements. They told me the day before at the last growth scan that twin 1 hadn’t grown that much in 2 weeks and wanted to move my c-section forward to yesterday. I panicked but then weighed up all the options and declined. Then I was worried I’d made the wrong choice so went back to get monitored and decided I wasn’t feeling twin 1 at all.
They offered the c-section again and I accepted.
I’m sitting here now with a boy and a girl born 5/10/23 after a very positive c-section experience. The boy is the smaller one weighing in at 5lb 4 and girl at 6lb 9.
Both doing well 🥰🥰🥰
Congratulations!
Our baby boy arrived yesterday too.
9 days late, but I arrived at the hospital and had him within 2 hours.
He was born in the same birthing pool his big sister was born in 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Renegade

Just found out I’m pregnant today 🥰 I am just 4 weeks now. I thought my period was coming all week but nope! My husband cried with happiness 🥹💖 so excited but nervous for this next chapter.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Cjh78

Chatty Member
Hi all,
I loved this thread when pregnant and still check in now that baby is 3 weeks old.
I know there’s been previous discussions around visitors etc post birth, and I just wanted to add a little of our story, hopefully not to scare anyone but to inform.
We’ve had a few visitors over the first couple of weeks. Not loads, we’ve limited it, mainly so it doesn’t overwhelm our older child. I’ve been out for walks, on the school run etc.
A few days ago baby sounded congested and developed a cough. During a nappy change I noticed some recession in baby’s chest. I called 111 who had no hesitation in sending an ambulance and we were taken to a&e. After a few hours and some observations we were sent home.
A couple of days later, the recession seemed to return. We are now on day 2 of hospital stay, baby’s swab shows positive for RSV and he is on oxygen. It has been such a scary time.
All of our visitors were well when they came and they all washed their hands. The paediatrician told me that some people present with no symptoms but carry the RSV virus.
What I’m trying to say is - Don’t be afraid to turn those visitors away and ask them to wash their hands or not kiss your baby ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 17

fudgebox

VIP Member
I’m 35+6, my waters went this morning so I’ve been in hospital most the day to get checked, they’ve sent me home with antibiotics so I don’t get an infection. I haven’t dilated but I’m having contractions and they said if I haven’t gone into labour by next Thursday I will have to go in to be induced🥲
I had 3 days left in work aswell I’ve just had to cancel all my clients 😩

• Heart

Renegade

Looking for reassurance 😫 I am 4+2 pregnant, so extremely early.. I have taken 5(!!!) tests - clearblue and others, and all are glaringly positive. I booked in with my GP to confirm it today and his tests were all negative. He did tell me not to worry and that his tests are not as sensitive as home ones, but needless to say - I’m worried!

I regret going so soon but it’s my first pregnancy and I was excited to confirm it and now I’m worried sick! I am back Friday and tempted to take a clear blue with me! FYI - in Ireland the GP test has to confirm it.
Update - went back today & all confirmed 🥰 4 weeks & 5 days

• Heart

Bedazzled

Been lurking for a couple of weeks but this is my first post - had an early reassurance scan today and all looks fine so I’m really pleased and relieved! She said I’m actually only 6 weeks rather than the estimate of 7 which was based on my last period (I probably ovulated late apparently!)

We’ve been trying for 3 years and had various fertility tests, was close to giving up and going down the IVF route when we got this little surprise! It feels so surreal that it’s finally happening!

Also, I feel nauseous constantly… how can something so small cause me so much grief? 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 16

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
Hi, can I join 😁 I’m only 6 weeks, found out a few weeks ago I was pregnant after multiple losses last year. I had an early pregnancy scan on Thursday and seen little bean, with a strong heartbeat ☺ I’ve also been prescribed progesterone so even though what happened last year has me worried, seeing baby and the progesterone is making me feel a bit more positive. And barely anyone knows I’m pregnant and I want somewhere to talk about it 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 15

fudgebox

VIP Member
I had my baby shower today it was really lovely!

I wasn’t really bothered about having one but everyone said I should and I’m glad I did, although I did have a cry this morning before it because I had lots of last minute messages from people saying they couldn’t make it, stupid hormones got me crying about everything🥲

• Heart
Reactions: 15