Pregnancy #51

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone know if I can take lempsip when pregnant? I’ve bought a box and didn’t even think to check beforehand. I’ve got a terrible cold and I cba with feeling so awful at work tomorrow 🙃 thanks in advance!

Those of you who’ve already had babies;
Have any of you used a peri bottle?
Would you recommend?
Had my baby in March so I'm just popping in to say absolutely loved mine, used it for about a week in hospital (LO had jaundice) and it was so useful for me. I had an episiotomy and stitches. They're pretty cheap in the grand scheme of things (you don't need a branded one - they're like a tenner in Boots) and if you need it and don't have it, you'll wish you'd got one!

ETA - reading back a bit, it's funny to hear you all talk about your food cravings/aversions. I was absolutely adamant through my entire pregnancy that I didn't have any cravings but looking back eating two tubs of the Laughing Cow dippers every single day of my pregnancy (never really bought them before and don't buy them now) definitely wasn't normal :D I also went off hot drinks, like couldn't even imagine drinking a hot drink at any point in my pregnancy.

Reactions: 1
Does anyone know if I can take lempsip when pregnant? I’ve bought a box and didn’t even think to check beforehand. I’ve got a terrible cold and I cba with feeling so awful at work tomorrow 🙃 thanks in advance!
I recently had a rotten cold and Lemsip is usually all that works for me - my midwife said to be mindful that the phenylephrine can raise your blood pressure but primarily it is just paracetamol, I'm talking about the powder sachets though. The tablets contain caffeine as well so I didn't use those.

I recently had a rotten cold and Lemsip is usually all that works for me - my midwife said to be mindful that the phenylephrine can raise your blood pressure but primarily it is just paracetamol, I'm talking about the powder sachets though. The tablets contain caffeine as well so I didn't use those.
Yeah I’ve got the sachets too! It does say on the pack that it’s got 1000mg paracetomal in and I’ve already had 2 paracetomals today so maybe I shouldn’t have a sachet

No, I recently asked my consultant as I’ve been sick for nearly 2 months (colds, flus etc). The only thing you can take is paracetamol, Vicks rub and if you are struggling with a lot of catarrh/runny nose you can take piriton. The saline nasal sprays are also pretty good and you can use those

No, I recently asked my consultant as I’ve been sick for nearly 2 months (colds, flus etc). The only thing you can take is paracetamol, Vicks rub and if you are struggling with a lot of catarrh/runny nose you can take piriton. The saline nasal sprays are also pretty good and you can use those
My midwife recommended olbas in a bowl of hot water, not with the head under the tea towel because that raises body temperature but when I had covid I sat with it on my lap for half an hour and whilst not a hugely helpful solution, did bring me a little bit of relief.

My midwife recommended olbas in a bowl of hot water, not with the head under the tea towel because that raises body temperature but when I had covid I sat with it on my lap for half an hour and whilst not a hugely helpful solution, did bring me a little bit of relief.
Yes I’ve done the same with Vicks. I was using olbas oil in a diffuser too but I read olbas wasn’t suitable for pregnancy so I stopped (I was using it for about 2 weeks, yikes!)

I'd like to add I had one sachet of lemsip for two days then stopped because I couldn't cope with the anxiety of maybe making my blood pressure higher 🙃 ironically at my last appointment they said I had low blood pressure

Baby did indeed look like a lasagne. Had to laugh, even the sonographer was laughing. Absolutely trash photos 😆

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
So I'm being induced in a few days because of reduced movement, I'm 40 weeks now. Feeling quite calm about it but any positive induction stories are very much welcome please! The internet is a horrible place for stories 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 9
So I'm being induced in a few days because of reduced movement, I'm 40 weeks now. Feeling quite calm about it but any positive induction stories are very much welcome please! The internet is a horrible place for stories 🙈
I was induced with my first. It hurt like hell, my contractions were insane, BUT the whole thing took seven hours between the drip going in and the baby being in my arms. Which, tbh, sounds bloody amazing compared to some of my friends who had labour for DAYS.

Right, wondering if anyone here knows whether it's best to go to your midwife or GP for pregnancy related health issues? Both my sciatica and thrush has become unbearable this weekend, I can hardly walk

I was induced with my first. It hurt like hell, my contractions were insane, BUT the whole thing took seven hours between the drip going in and the baby being in my arms. Which, tbh, sounds bloody amazing compared to some of my friends who had labour for DAYS.

Right, wondering if anyone here knows whether it's best to go to your midwife or GP for pregnancy related health issues? Both my sciatica and thrush has become unbearable this weekend, I can hardly walk
For sciatica my GP was useless, my midwife took pity on me and chased down a doctor to prescribe me codeine 😂

Neither would help me with my sciatica, I eventually got prescribed codeine from the PAU and that was only because I couldn’t get out of bed for two weeks with the pain 🙈. Thrush I just used the otc treatment as the wait time at the doctors was too long 😅

I had my baby shower today it was really lovely!

I wasn’t really bothered about having one but everyone said I should and I’m glad I did, although I did have a cry this morning before it because I had lots of last minute messages from people saying they couldn’t make it, stupid hormones got me crying about everything🥲

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I’ve been feeling so bitter towards my partner today… he’s the best in the world and I like it when he goes out for a few at the weekend.. this weekend I’m not been so understanding tho and I don’t know why. Expecting him to reply to me, and just not go out in general.. didn’t say any of this to him though!
Hormones are wild

Reactions: 2
I’ve been feeling so bitter towards my partner today… he’s the best in the world and I like it when he goes out for a few at the weekend.. this weekend I’m not been so understanding tho and I don’t know why. Expecting him to reply to me, and just not go out in general.. didn’t say any of this to him though!
Hormones are wild
It’s your hormones and natural instincts kicking in. I’ve felt the same - I don’t begrudge my husband having time with his mates etc but we agreed he would stop drinking and staying out late when I hit 36 weeks in case I needed him to be sober! Might be worth having a chat with your partner so you’re on the same page?

It’s your hormones and natural instincts kicking in. I’ve felt the same - I don’t begrudge my husband having time with his mates etc but we agreed he would stop drinking and staying out late when I hit 36 weeks in case I needed him to be sober! Might be worth having a chat with your partner so you’re on the same page?
ea I think you’re right, I don’t drive and with it being a bank holiday weekend I realized the only sober person about yesterday was my mam and brother if I needed anything and think it all just got to me a bit 😬

31 weeks today - it is flying!
Can someone also tell me how a coconut is bigger than a cabbage? America is seriously genetically modifying the wrong food if this is the case…

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I was induced both times, on my first I had an emcs because she was at a really funny angle and wouldn’t come out, then on my second it was successful and I had a really good experience.

If it’s your first I would recommend getting your pain relief plan in place (in case you don’t want an epidural). On my second I wanted pethidine but they wouldn’t give it to me so I ended up doing the whole labour on paracetamol and tens machine 🙃 I got a lot of respect for it, but it was quite ouchy.

In any case you sort of forget just how nuts it is.

good luck 🥰

• Heart
It's such a weird feeling that I could go into labour any time now 🙈 I'm trying to get all the last minute things prepared and trying to relax and prepare myself as I get quite anxious about labour and I know that's the worst state to be in when in labour so I'm trying not to think about it at the same time.

I'm getting quite emotional though because I'm going to miss my bump and feeling the baby move around.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.