Pregnancy #51

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can anyone recommend some good/cheapish gym maternity leggings? I'm bulging out the top of my size small Gymshark leggings now 😫 anyone had any from Shein or Amazon?
If you are in Ireland, I bought the contour leggings from dunnes in a bigger size and they were €15. I have bought leggings on shein but haven't worked out in them yet, read the reviews and you won't go far wrong. I do find leggings are so personal and I've been warned not to use your favourite leggings during pregnancy as they will stretch 😂

Reactions: 1
Can anyone recommend some good/cheapish gym maternity leggings? I'm bulging out the top of my size small Gymshark leggings now 😫 anyone had any from Shein or Amazon?
I wasn't a fan of the Lovall ones, but M&S for some maternity ones which I've found very comfortable. Just order your usual size

I am 8+5 and the all day nausea has me absolutely miserable. I feel so guilty for feeling this way 🥲. Equally, all I can stomach is plain food and I’m eating so poorly! I’m worried about gaining loads of weight, but it’s only calorific food that I can manage currently (bread, potatoes, carbs) 😫

I am 8+5 and the all day nausea has me absolutely miserable. I feel so guilty for feeling this way 🥲. Equally, all I can stomach is plain food and I’m eating so poorly! I’m worried about gaining loads of weight, but it’s only calorific food that I can manage currently (bread, potatoes, carbs) 😫
You both need fuel and it will pass, eat what you can and don't think about the weight. Just get through the next few weeks

This may be TMI so apologies but I'm 40+4 and not in labour but my perineum has just started to sting slightly - is this normal? 🙈😂

Any Black Friday bargains people are snapping up? I’m trying to get a lot of things from FB Marketplace and Vinted but I know there is some stuff you should buy new or is better to buy new…
If you've got it set up, you can use the baby wishlist discount on top of the black Friday price on Amazon!

Vinted and adding things to my Amazon wishlist to see if they are eligible for discount are my two main hobbies at the minute 😂

A little update while I do the night feed (!)
Our baby arrived at 39+6 by scheduled section. Came into the world bum first as he refused to turn head down😂 we ended up staying in for an extra couple of nights so I advise packing as much as you can, and even having an emergency bag in the car. My husband had to drive home on day 4 to stock up on maternity pads, spare sleepsuits and extra snacks.
These early days have been so lovely but sooooo hard! Please lean on your partners/family/friends where you can. I have to say I am definitely one and done after this experience but our baby boy has made it all worth it.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Our baby arrived at 39+6 by scheduled section. Came into the world bum first as he refused to turn head down😂 we ended up staying in for an extra couple of nights so I advise packing as much as you can, and even having an emergency bag in the car. My husband had to drive home on day 4 to stock up on maternity pads, spare sleepsuits and extra snacks.
These early days have been so lovely but sooooo hard! Please lean on your partners/family/friends where you can. I have to say I am definitely one and done after this experience but our baby boy has made it all worth it.
Congratulations!

• Heart
Congratulations!!! Glad he’s out safe. Sounds like you’re home now?

• Heart
Congratulations!
Thanks!
Congratulations!!! Glad he’s out safe. Sounds like you’re home now?
Thank you. Yes all home and just about settled in. No matter how prepared you are it will never be enough 😂 just have to go with the flow for a while and either nap while baby’s asleep and husband is watching him or whiz around the house putting a wash on (for husband to hang out), sterilise pump/bottles, or eat a hot meal. Baby has a knack of waking for a feed just as my tea comes out of the oven 🥲

Items we have used a lot this week:
digital forehead thermometer (Braun BNT400B)
Frida mom white noise machine
rockit pram rocker
Groegg room thermometer
and 1001 muslin cloths 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Thanks!

Thank you. Yes all home and just about settled in. No matter how prepared you are it will never be enough 😂 just have to go with the flow for a while and either nap while baby’s asleep and husband is watching him or whiz around the house putting a wash on (for husband to hang out), sterilise pump/bottles, or eat a hot meal. Baby has a knack of waking for a feed just as my tea comes out of the oven 🥲

Items we have used a lot this week:
digital forehead thermometer (Braun BNT400B)
Frida mom white noise machine
rockit pram rocker
Groegg room thermometer
and 1001 muslin cloths 😅
That’s a very useful list! The thermometer- is that to make sure he’s warm enough? We have a cold house, so this is something high on the agenda to get right. Planning to buy more muslin cloths today as I don’t think I have enough 😆

That’s a very useful list! The thermometer- is that to make sure he’s warm enough? We have a cold house, so this is something high on the agenda to get right. Planning to buy more muslin cloths today as I don’t think I have enough 😆
Yes warm enough and also to check if he’s too hot and needs blanket off. It’s really easy and lights up green or red which is so reassuring. As he gets older it will be handy in case he gets a fever and needs any calpol!

Reactions: 2
Does anyone have any baby monitor suggestions? Been having a look for ones in Black Friday offers but it’s like a minefield. I had a BT one with my first and it was amazing but it broke unfortunately and now they don’t sell them!

Does anyone have any baby monitor suggestions? Been having a look for ones in Black Friday offers but it’s like a minefield. I had a BT one with my first and it was amazing but it broke unfortunately and now they don’t sell them!
We got the Leapfrog one with the sounds and soothing light features. We didn't want one that links to our phones, it's a proper monitor but you can control the lighting and sound and talk to the baby through it - also has a temperature gauge so we can keep an eye on that. Not that we plan on using it for the first 6 months!

I’ve had a vtech and currently am using a Hubble. Both fine but think for the money picture quality isn’t great (but my expectations were high). Bought in Argos and vtech broke after a few months and they happily exchanged for the Hubble. The hubble does the job but even on the lowest sound and light settings you would think you were at a vegas show. Pick a budget and your must haves and see what you can get in it but I know a lot of people who just use CCTV cameras. My parents have a sound only BT one and it is fine too. Think like most things it’s about personal preference!
Edit to add-we spent around £180 on ours for reference and I spent months researching before landing on the vtech. Swapped to the hubble on a whim but honestly very little difference

Last edited:
The CCTV camera thing is a good point- if you're looking for something a bit more budget friendly, Tapo cameras are great. We have one to watch our hole cat. They're silent, they link to your phone, detect motion & have good picture quality. Ours was £25 (3 years ago though).

We’ve got the angel care one with the monitor and pad that goes under the mattress. Not used it on the baby yet obvz but works when the cat is in there very well.

• Haha
We have the Vtech but haven’t used it yet as baby is only 8 weeks so always with us. We also have the Owlet, which we use every night. It is expensive but it’s been such a good purchase for us as I spent the first week wide awake all night checking on him even when he was sleeping.

I have been having fairly strong but very irregular contractions for the last 24hours-I have found using the wave comb really useful if anyone was thinking about getting one-don’t know if it does much for pain relief but nice to have something to reach for. Going for my third and final sweep tonight so the comb will be coming to that too!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.