Pregnancy #51

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
anyone else suffering from constipation? i had apricots before but wow its super hard my belly lol
Yes it’s been pretty bad for me since about 14 weeks (now 22). I’ve found drinking loads of water (like nearly 3 litres a day), prune juice, tinned prunes, dates, raisins and avoiding red meat and eating food with lentils and heaps of veg is the only way I’ve been able to keep things moving and even then it’s slower than itwas. Absolutely hate it! I also found Fybogel helped too.

anyone else suffering from constipation? i had apricots before but wow its super hard my belly lol
I did but my midwife wouldn't do anything, told me to call my gastroenterology team 🙄 I wasn't eating enough fibre because of my weird textural aversion or drinking enough water. I managed to up both and that helped.

I’ve got a scan at my EPU today, I’m 8+6, does anyone know whether it’ll be transvaginal or not 😅
I had an early scan at what I thought was 9 weeks but they dated me at 6+5 and they first tried non-transvaginally (which did work for me) but they did say that if it didn't work they'd have to try transvaginally. I had a very full bladder to the point where I thought I'd pee myself so maybe that helped 😂 but be prepared for transvaginal just in case. Good luck!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I’ve got a scan at my EPU today, I’m 8+6, does anyone know whether it’ll be transvaginal or not 😅
They'll defo try on your belly first, I would have thought anyway, they did this at my hospital and saw everything they needed to :) I got a pretty decent pic when I was 9 weeks!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Thanks everyone! It was abdominal, got a nice clear picture as well 😁 I’m 9+1 apparently now too! Nice strong heartbeat 😁 so happy!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I can’t get full lately. Yesterday I ate and ate and ate and I was still so hungry. It’s looking like today will be the same.
I’m 21 weeks now. Is it true when baby goes through a growth spurt we are more hungry? 😅 I’m trying to justify all the eating I’m doing 😂

I can’t get full lately. Yesterday I ate and ate and ate and I was still so hungry. It’s looking like today will be the same.
I’m 21 weeks now. Is it true when baby goes through a growth spurt we are more hungry? 😅 I’m trying to justify all the eating I’m doing 😂
22 weeks and SAME! I’m ravenous constantly 😂 I hope it’s true lol

I was the same and it doesn’t get easier 😬 I’ve been trying to fill up on water because i know I'm not actually hungry. Baby is tricking me.

Anyone had swollen lymph nodes during pregnancy? My armpit feels tender, not a lump as such but a bit swollen. I'm nearly 13 weeks. Will get it checked out obviously but just wondering if anyone has experienced this due to changing hormones, being run down, sick etc!!

When I was around 21 weeks all three pregnancies I was absolutely ravenous... I'm sure it's a thing

Kind of glad it’s not just me 😂 can’t remember this happening with my first!
From what I gather from other people is that you forget thr bad stuff so you will have more babies. Your mind tricks you to think it was fine as I know when I think back to thr first trimester already I'm thinking it wasn't too bad and I was bloody miserable and clung to the bed 😂😂

Reactions: 4
Anyone had swollen lymph nodes during pregnancy? My armpit feels tender, not a lump as such but a bit swollen. I'm nearly 13 weeks. Will get it checked out obviously but just wondering if anyone has experienced this due to changing hormones, being run down, sick etc!!
I had swollen lymph nodes in my neck at around 11 weeks. I wasn’t ill and had no other symptoms. Had a blood test at the doctors just to check it wasn’t some kind of infection we needed to be worried about. It wasn’t and it went away after a week or so. Very strange!

Hi all,
I loved this thread when pregnant and still check in now that baby is 3 weeks old.
I know there’s been previous discussions around visitors etc post birth, and I just wanted to add a little of our story, hopefully not to scare anyone but to inform.
We’ve had a few visitors over the first couple of weeks. Not loads, we’ve limited it, mainly so it doesn’t overwhelm our older child. I’ve been out for walks, on the school run etc.
A few days ago baby sounded congested and developed a cough. During a nappy change I noticed some recession in baby’s chest. I called 111 who had no hesitation in sending an ambulance and we were taken to a&e. After a few hours and some observations we were sent home.
A couple of days later, the recession seemed to return. We are now on day 2 of hospital stay, baby’s swab shows positive for RSV and he is on oxygen. It has been such a scary time.
All of our visitors were well when they came and they all washed their hands. The paediatrician told me that some people present with no symptoms but carry the RSV virus.
What I’m trying to say is - Don’t be afraid to turn those visitors away and ask them to wash their hands or not kiss your baby ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Yes, I had the same - was given penicillin for it

I did during the first few weeks or so. Was going to get it checked out but it got better 🫣

Yes I noticed this for a short time, I read that your breast tissue can extend under your arms and this can happen when your boobs are swollen. Hopefully your GP can confirm it’s nothing to worry about.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.