Pregnancy #51

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone got any tips on how to naturally induce labour? I really don't want to go over and have to have an induction πŸ™ˆπŸ˜­

Has anyone got any tips on how to naturally induce labour? I really don't want to go over and have to have an induction πŸ™ˆπŸ˜­
Dates are apparently good for softening the cervix! Loads of women from my NCT group are doing red raspberry leaf tea but personally 🀒 Curb walking as well, and just relaxing in general.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Dates are apparently good for softening the cervix! Loads of women from my NCT group are doing red raspberry leaf tea but personally 🀒 Curb walking as well, and just relaxing in general.
Yes to the dates and curb walking. I’m 38 weeks and had a scan this morning-I had been up all night with cramps so they gave me a sweep. I’m only 1cm dilated but consultant told me gravity is your friend so long walks and birthing ball should help bring on labour

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Yes to the dates and curb walking. I’m 38 weeks and had a scan this morning-I had been up all night with cramps so they gave me a sweep. I’m only 1cm dilated but consultant told me gravity is your friend so long walks and birthing ball should help bring on labour
I've been on the ball a few times and sent the husband out for dates and raspberry leaf tea lol I've been trying to walk but have missed a few days so need to get back to that tomorrow.

I've been on the ball a few times and sent the husband out for dates and raspberry leaf tea lol I've been trying to walk but have missed a few days so need to get back to that tomorrow.
I’ve been slacking on the walks too-mostly because I need a bathroom nearby at all times lol! My last pregnancy I spent hours (and I mean hours) on the ball and I went into labour naturally at 39+1- I’m convinced it was the time on the ball

• Heart
I'm on the sofa with the suddenly very clingy cat (πŸ‘€) trying to nap this cold away and I can confidently say this baby doesn't give a single tit πŸ˜‚ Everytime I'm inches from sleep she decides actually, it's kicking time.

My dog has been clingy today so hoping it's a sign. My nether regions get numb if I'm on the ball for more than 10-15 mins at a time and I'm guilty for lazing on the sofa so I think I need to be more proactive.

Reactions: 2
My dog has been clingy today so hoping it's a sign. My nether regions get numb if I'm on the ball for more than 10-15 mins at a time and I'm guilty for lazing on the sofa so I think I need to be more proactive.
I heard nipple stimulation is the only proven method, you could try expressing some colostrum?

I’ve been looking after my younger brother all week and cannot wait to ship him back to mammy’s tomorrow. I am EXHAUSTED. He’s 11 but he’s the baby of 5 so we have him spoilt. All I’ve really done all week is the school run and cooking a bit more than usual. I can’t say this enough but I am in AWE of those of you who already have children, especially younger ones. More power to you ladies.

20 week scan today and everything went well. Feel like I can relax (ever so slightly) and start organising a few bits and pieces! Feels more real now I’m over the half way mark. Wish there was just a gaurenteed date of birth so I knew how long I had left, I’m such a planner i hate the not knowingπŸ˜‚

Reactions: 13
I'm on the sofa with the suddenly very clingy cat (πŸ‘€) trying to nap this cold away and I can confidently say this baby doesn't give a single tit πŸ˜‚ Everytime I'm inches from sleep she decides actually, it's kicking time.
My dog the night before my waters broke was acting sooo strange!! We thought it was the fireworks but she had never acted like that before so I think she definitely knew something was going to happen!!

• Heart
I did try colostrum harvesting the other day but only got one drop lol will try again tonight πŸ‘πŸ€ž
I did that, the tea, ball bouncing, and my contractions started the day before my due date (she took her sweet time coming 4 days later but it meant the first half of labour was as chill as labour can be!). Sorry I keep dropping in, this thread was an absolute godsend when I was pregnant!

Reactions: 6
20 week scan today and everything went well. Feel like I can relax (ever so slightly) and start organising a few bits and pieces! Feels more real now I’m over the half way mark. Wish there was just a gaurenteed date of birth so I knew how long I had left, I’m such a planner i hate the not knowingπŸ˜‚
Meet your sister, I hate the not knowing πŸ˜‚

I need advice on snacks I can eat in the middle of the night. Nothing too over powering flavour. Google suggested a boiled egg or cottage cheese.....

I keep waking up in the early hours absolutely starving!

Even though i eat plenty during the day and have been having either a bowl of cereal or some toast/crumpets just before bed.

I need advice on snacks I can eat in the middle of the night. Nothing too over powering flavour. Google suggested a boiled egg or cottage cheese.....

I keep waking up in the early hours absolutely starving!

Even though i eat plenty during the day and have been having either a bowl of cereal or some toast/crumpets just before bed.
I used to keep a packet of chocolate digestives in my bedside table. In the first trimester they were the only thing that would stop me feeling sick, then they became my midnight snack. Hate to think how many I ate in 9 months! Haven’t touched them since πŸ˜†

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.