Pregnancy #51

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes! My eyelashes weren’t great before but now they are practically non-existent, thought it was just me but having googled it seems to be a pregnancy related thing unfortunately. Shame the same can’t be said for the hair on my stomach 😩
Regarding eyelashes, I'm a bit advocate for UKLash - it made my lashes super long and thick. Can’t be used during pregnancy though, so you’ll have to wait if you’re going to use it.

Reactions: 1
Yes! My eyelashes weren’t great before but now they are practically non-existent, thought it was just me but having googled it seems to be a pregnancy related thing unfortunately. Shame the same can’t be said for the hair on my stomach 😩
:cry: RIP lashes x

I can carry on as normal with a cold usually but my god 😭 I don't know if its just because we were super busy from last Friday - yesterday but I am wiped out. My nose is blocked, my throat is so sore and my entire body aches (ty baby bean for the rib kicks and fists near hips, very helpful). Thank god for maternity leave 🥴

I’m 35+6, my waters went this morning so I’ve been in hospital most the day to get checked, they’ve sent me home with antibiotics so I don’t get an infection. I haven’t dilated but I’m having contractions and they said if I haven’t gone into labour by next Thursday I will have to go in to be induced🥲
I had 3 days left in work aswell I’ve just had to cancel all my clients 😩

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I’m 35+6, my waters went this morning so I’ve been in hospital most the day to get checked, they’ve sent me home with antibiotics so I don’t get an infection. I haven’t dilated but I’m having contractions and they said if I haven’t gone into labour by next Thursday I will have to go in to be induced🥲
Oh wow how exciting! How are you feeling? Ah don’t worry about clients, it’s about you and baby now.

• Heart
Oh wow! How are you feeling? Hope you're doing okay and it's very exciting that you'll be meeting your little one soon! Keep us updated ❤

• Heart
Horrible nights sleep, had stabbing pains in my ribs all night which made it so difficult to breathe/get comfortable. Has anyone else had this? I wonder if I had a foot stuck up there or something. Luckily it got a bit more manageable after 2:30am but I thought if I went into labour at the same time there's no way I'd cope with the pain because that on its own was pretty unbearable 😭
Have had this for the past two months, currently 23 weeks. Told my midwife and she said take paracetamol and call physio, they don't want to know 🤦‍♀️

• Sad
Had my 36 week growth scan (because of GD) this morning and the appointment put me in such a crappy mood. Everything is all good according to the scan, baby boy is measuring consistently on the 50th centile and all measurements are as expected. Then I go in to see the doctor and felt totally forced down the induction route - I clearly said I didn't want one and they've made an appointment for me anyway at just over 40 weeks.

Sometimes I just want to be left alone to have this baby when he's ready to come 😒

Had my 36 week growth scan (because of GD) this morning and the appointment put me in such a crappy mood. Everything is all good according to the scan, baby boy is measuring consistently on the 50th centile and all measurements are as expected. Then I go in to see the doctor and felt totally forced down the induction route - I clearly said I didn't want one and they've made an appointment for me anyway at just over 40 weeks.

Sometimes I just want to be left alone to have this baby when he's ready to come 😒
I had the same with my son. Had an appointment with my midwife the day before my due date and she was trying to push me to book in for an induction, which I absolutely didn't want to do. My son came the day after his due date so I managed to avoid it fortunately. Hope your wishes are respected.

• Heart

call and cancel it / don’t turn up / speak to your midwife and tell her you don’t want it.
Doesn’t sound like there is any NEED for it (but appreciate I don’t know your background). However, my theory was always that if they’re that concerned about you/your babies health then they’d be suggesting emergency surgery as it’s the quickest way to get baby out!

Reactions: 5
So went home and contractions were getting worse, my mum came over to pack my hospital bag for me and I was lying in bed I could feel myself wanting to push!! I waited for my husband to come home and said I want to go to hospital, so my mum drove me there and I was pushing in the car, then pushing in the carpark and in the corridors up to the delivery ward and they got me on the bed and said omg we can see the head!! He was born within 30 mins of us arriving at the hospital! We’re both doing well I’m just in shock I think with it all happening so quickly and early and I had no pain relief!

Baby Fudge was born at 6.35pm at 5.14 lbs and he’s a boy!!! I was convinced he would be a girl but he’s gorgeous🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 36
So went home and contractions were getting worse, my mum came over to pack my hospital bag for me and I was lying in bed I could feel myself wanting to push!! I waited for my husband to come home and said I want to go to hospital, so my mum drove me there and I was pushing in the car, then pushing in the carpark and in the corridors up to the delivery ward and they got me on the bed and said omg we can see the head!! He was born within 30 mins of us arriving at the hospital! We’re both doing well I’m just in shock I think with it all happening so quickly and early and I had no pain relief!

Baby Fudge was born at 6.35pm at 5.14 lbs and he’s a boy!!! I was convinced he would be a girl but he’s gorgeous🥰
Wow! Congratulations! I was very similar to you - not so early but very quick and no pain relief which I always thought I couldn’t do, but made me realise I definitely can!! Enjoy the newborn snuggles, it soon goes by!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Wow! Congratulations! I was very similar to you - not so early but very quick and no pain relief which I always thought I couldn’t do, but made me realise I definitely can!! Enjoy the newborn snuggles, it soon goes by!
Thank you! I had the gas and air for my stitches and it was horrible made me feel drunk and out of my body!! So strange glad I didn’t use it for the pushing because I wouldn’t have had a clue what was going on!

• Heart

Oh my god congratulations!!! Yay a boy 😍

• Heart

Aww congratulations! Glad it was quick and you got to do it with no pain relief like you wanted ❤ enjoy the baby bubble with your little boy!

• Heart
Reactions: 2

huge congrats!!!!! ❤

• Heart
Thanks ladies I’m exhausted this morning! Have to stay in still for monitoring because he was early
I’m going to stick around in this thread if you don’t mind as I feel I’m still pregnant as he was 4 weeks early 😆

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Thanks ladies I’m exhausted this morning! Have to stay in still for monitoring because he was early
I’m going to stick around in this thread if you don’t mind as I feel I’m still pregnant as he was 4 weeks early 😆
So annoying this place is anonymous - I want to know name and see photos 😆 how was your first night? Partner doing ok?

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Congrats @fudgebox! Hope you both continue to do well and can go home soon. I remember when we once had the same due date 😭 this has really put it all in perspective hahaha (has a minor mental breakdown)

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.