Pregnancy #51

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m 21 weeks and have always carried my weight in my lower belly so haven’t had a flat stomach since I was a kid haha. Im usually a size 10/12 but have no distinct bump yet just looks like my lower belly is slightly bigger and I’ve maybe indulged in a couple more cakes than usual lol. Can’t wait for it to look more obvious!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I’d say from around 25 weeks I finally looked like I had a bump rather than a full belly. My sister - who’s 10” shorter than me - looked pregnant from 16 weeks, easily. It’s amazing how differently our bodies react.

Reactions: 2
Bought my first maternity dress (husbands bday in Nov, can hardly wear my dungarees 😆) and it's like a step below a body con. Tight bust, looser at the skirt. I'm amazed I still have a shape. Mostly due to very wide hips but I still have a bit of curvature instead of just being straight up bump! I'm not used to tight dresses, am more of a flowy person but it was actually v comfy and only £2.50 (Vinted ftw)

Reactions: 1
Bought my first maternity dress (husbands bday in Nov, can hardly wear my dungarees 😆) and it's like a step below a body con. Tight bust, looser at the skirt. I'm amazed I still have a shape. Mostly due to very wide hips but I still have a bit of curvature instead of just being straight up bump! I'm not used to tight dresses, am more of a flowy person but it was actually v comfy and only £2.50 (Vinted ftw)
This sounds great! What brand is it? Vinted is the best! Seen so many bundles of Next and other good brands of baby clothes for peanuts in good nick as well.

This sounds great! What brand is it? Vinted is the best! Seen so many bundles of Next and other good brands of baby clothes for peanuts in good nick as well.
It's ASOS - it's the only one I really liked when I had a good search. We've bought so much from Vinted. Even a socks bundle because we know they're all going to get lost so what's the point buying brand new. So much Little Bird and Joules stuff as well.

I’ve bought almost everything baby clothes related from Vinted. It’s saved me a bloody fortune!

Everything that’s safe to buy second hand I’m hoping to do! Especially if it’s only needed for first few months or half year. Everything is so expensive! Even a pack a babygros brand new!

My Mum has very kindly offered to buy my pram as my Nanna bought hers for her, but will still use a discount pram centre near me that sells past season’s stuff.

Reactions: 3
Sore throat and blocked nose still here and our friend who we saw on Sunday eve has just tested positive for Covid 😬 pending tests this evening but I have everything crossed for negative and just a bit of a cold

• Heart
That sounds lovely! I wore my first fitted dress over the weekend and didn't realise how bumpy I was until then! Had the tiniest bit of waist remaining so god knows what I'll look like come Christmas 😂

I very nearly bought the dress in a green colour that looked nice online but I reckon I'd have looked like pregnant Kermit the frog if I wore that instead 🐸

Last set of bloods I had was at 12 week scan so nine weeks ago. Get a letter in the post with zero context saying I’m anaemic and need to take iron tablets and have attached a prescription. My midwife said my iron levels were borderline but in the acceptable range still at my 16 week appointment. I also felt horrifically rough still at 12 weeks and constantly tired. I now feel a lot better at 21 weeks and think I should maybe ask for more bloods?

I’ve just read that iron tablets can constipate you and I’ve already been suffering with that in this pregnancy and don’t want to make it worse (or risk more dreaded piles I’ve only just got rid of). If I have to take tablets I will but would rather not.

Also love how I’ve according to them been anaemic for nine weeks and they’ve only just decided to send me a letter lol.

Last set of bloods I had was at 12 week scan so nine weeks ago. Get a letter in the post with zero context saying I’m anaemic and need to take iron tablets and have attached a prescription. My midwife said my iron levels were borderline but in the acceptable range still at my 16 week appointment. I also felt horrifically rough still at 12 weeks and constantly tired. I now feel a lot better at 21 weeks and think I should maybe ask for more bloods?

I’ve just read that iron tablets can constipate you and I’ve already been suffering with that in this pregnancy and don’t want to make it worse (or risk more dreaded piles I’ve only just got rid of). If I have to take tablets I will but would rather not.

Also love how I’ve according to them been anaemic for nine weeks and they’ve only just decided to send me a letter lol.
Yeah, I'd ask to be retested personally. 9 weeks is a long old delay. You could have levelled out by now. Next bloods are quite a way off so see about a retest! Esp with your preexisting constipation, the last thing you need is taking iron tablets for no reason.

• Heart
What’s everyone doing about having their hair coloured ? I’m 26 weeks and booked in for my hair on Saturday. Told my stylist I’m happy with having colour on as I’ve seen on NHS site they say risk to baby is particularly low from hair dye as not much enters through the scalp - particularly not if you have a healthy scalp. It also says if worried wait to 2nd / 3rd trimester as less risk to developing baby under 12 weeks..
but now I’m questioning myself haha! I am still having my brows tinted each month..

What’s everyone doing about having their hair coloured ? I’m 26 weeks and booked in for my hair on Saturday. Told my stylist I’m happy with having colour on as I’ve seen on NHS site they say risk to baby is particularly low from hair dye as not much enters through the scalp - particularly not if you have a healthy scalp. It also says if worried wait to 2nd / 3rd trimester as less risk to developing baby under 12 weeks..
but now I’m questioning myself haha! I am still having my brows tinted each month..
I had my blonde refreshed last weekend but checked with my hairdresser first and she said it was fine because it wasn’t touching my scalp anyway. During my appointment she also said she’d been hairdressing for 30+ years and never had any issues from dyeing a pregnant woman’s hair!

It’s the same as having your eyebrows dyed. Get them to do another patch test if you’re worried.

Reactions: 2
It’s the same as having your eyebrows dyed. Get them to do another patch test if you’re worried.
Definitely recommend having a new patch test as your skin can be more sensitive during pregnancy. My hairdresser is really considerate and makes sure I’m not too hot or feeling dizzy through my appointment and that I’ve got a drink 😊

Baby is right up in my ribs today, I cannot get comfortable! Think it’s a foot or something🥲

Baby C has arrived, no name yet as I’m too tired to commit 🤣

Had a really positive planned c-section experience and baby was born to my favourite fleetwood Mac song. I’m now taking alllllll the pain but so happy 💖

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Baby C has arrived, no name yet as I’m too tired to commit 🤣

Had a really positive planned c-section experience and baby was born to my favourite fleetwood Mac song. I’m now taking alllllll the pain but so happy 💖
Congratulations!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.