• Overdue

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just had my baby

Votes: 10 5.8%
  • Not pregnant, here for a nosey

Votes: 35 20.3%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you for making the new thread. I can't believe I'm clicking 33-38 weeks 🙈 time needs to slow down!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I posted once on the previous thread but had a reassurance scan this week so feel more like I can join in now. Currently 7+4.

I’m really struggling with the bloating. I feel like nothing fits except leggings and baggy jumpers and my stomach definitely looks obvious by the end of the day in my work clothes. Please tell me it will get better before I get an actual bump?! I feel huge 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I posted once on the previous thread but had a reassurance scan this week so feel more like I can join in now. Currently 7+4.

I’m really struggling with the bloating. I feel like nothing fits except leggings and baggy jumpers and my stomach definitely looks obvious by the end of the day in my work clothes. Please tell me it will get better before I get an actual bump?! I feel huge 🙈
Stick to leggings and long tops and you should be comfy. The bloat might not go but just be replaced by bump, just fyi 😬 however, I’m 27 weeks and maternity jeans still fall down, so find some super comfy leggings with some stretch for your incoming months.
---
So weird clicking the next set of weeks. I cannot believe how fast September went and I’m shocked we’re already at the end of the year. PGP is getting worse, not helped by a cat sleeping on my side all night. May have to start swimming/floating.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Day 5 of being overdue! Whilst I’m feeling fine physically, emotionally I am in pieces!
I’ve had 2 sweeps but this little one is not budging!!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Eeek 10 weeks to go!!!😵
I made a good start in the nursery yesterday, it was a dumping ground so I had a good tidy up, and going to start washing the clothes today!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Day 5 of being overdue! Whilst I’m feeling fine physically, emotionally I am in pieces!
I’ve had 2 sweeps but this little one is not budging!!
I feel you - this was me in May! It feels like the longest time ever, but the end is in sight🥰

Reactions: 1
Hello all in the new thread, 23 weeks on Friday. Hit my 6 months next week.
Today we're having an airing cupboard that currently stores towels and suitcases, in what will be the babies nursery, converted to a wardrobe by a joiner we know. Will be handy to have somewhere to store baby clothes and purchases in the meantime.
Car seat arrives on Wednesday this week. It’s all becoming very real!

• Heart
2 weeks to go for me. Currently on maternity leave. Not quite sure what to do each day other than sit around. Everyone says to "relax" but I have so much housework to do and the nursery hasn't even been started (probably won't until baby is due to actually move into it). My body hurts but my head wants to go go go. Not quite sure what to do with myself and have to stop myself going to shops to burn money we don't have!

• Heart
2 weeks to go for me. Currently on maternity leave. Not quite sure what to do each day other than sit around. Everyone says to "relax" but I have so much housework to do and the nursery hasn't even been started (probably won't until baby is due to actually move into it). My body hurts but my head wants to go go go. Not quite sure what to do with myself and have to stop myself going to shops to burn money we don't have!
I feel exactly the same but I have 6 weeks to go and finish work in two weeks. Been trying to pack my hospital bag but I still need to wash baby's clothes and get other stuff done first but I'm procrastinating because I feel like I have loads of time and I'm also so tired and need a lie down after doing half hour of something 🙈 I've just ordered a load of stuff I think I may need 😂

Reactions: 3
I feel exactly the same but I have 6 weeks to go and finish work in two weeks. Been trying to pack my hospital bag but I still need to wash baby's clothes and get other stuff done first but I'm procrastinating because I feel like I have loads of time and I'm also so tired and need a lie down after doing half hour of something 🙈 I've just ordered a load of stuff I think I may need 😂
I packed my hospital bag at 36 weeks I think it was, washed all the baby clothes on yesterday, just need to iron it all (hate ironing, hoping OH takes pity on me and does that after his work one day!) I actually don't feel tired, which I think is half my problem of being a bit bored. I no longer sleep as my hips and back hurts but I feel like I am strangely used to it now!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Eek 36 weeks today! Definitely having my babies in this thread 😱

Posting the following here, it’s a long shot but don’t know if someone could help!

I’ve had some other news today that my sister-in-law is 5 weeks pregnant which is brilliant because the twins will have a cousin. On the other hand, it’s a bit of a strange situation because she is Swedish. My brother went to live in Sweden with her for just under two years and married her over there. His visa application was denied so they’ve came back here married and she’s just found out she’s pregnant. Now they’re unsure of what to do because it looks like she isn’t entitled to free NHS care, it’s something crazy like £7500 for maternity services. They’re currently living in a hotel where my brother is trying to get a car, flat and job all at the same time, and yes I have offered to help in whichever way I can but the reality is I’m stuck about to give birth to twins and we have nowhere for them to stay. In a nutshell, all other family either don’t know about their predicament or are just selfishly unwilling to help. I’m the only one that knows she’s pregnant and have been told to keep it a secret! Can she somehow stay here and apply to be a uk citizen?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2

Posting the following here, it’s a long shot but don’t know if someone could help!

I’ve had some other news today that my sister-in-law is 5 weeks pregnant which is brilliant because the twins will have a cousin. On the other hand, it’s a bit of a strange situation because she is Swedish. My brother went to live in Sweden with her for just under two years and married her over there. His visa application was denied so they’ve came back here married and she’s just found out she’s pregnant. Now they’re unsure of what to do because it looks like she isn’t entitled to free NHS care, it’s something crazy like £7500 for maternity services. They’re currently living in a hotel where my brother is trying to get a car, flat and job all at the same time, and yes I have offered to help in whichever way I can but the reality is I’m stuck about to give birth to twins and we have nowhere for them to stay. In a nutshell, all other family either don’t know about their predicament or are just selfishly unwilling to help. I’m the only one that knows she’s pregnant and have been told to keep it a secret! Can she somehow stay here and apply to be a uk citizen?
I'm not 100% sure on this, and you'd probably have to check on the government website, but I would think since they are married that they could apply for a visa at least? Although if the marriage is not seen as legal in the UK they may have to get married again in a registry office to legalise it and then apply for citizenship - could be a lengthy process though so she may still have to pay for her maternity care in the meantime.

She needs to apply for leave to remain as a spouse, she should have done that before coming to the UK. It’s a 5 year route to become settled and there is a separate fee which includes NHS treatment.

Has any one been to the baby and toddler show? I want know if there are discounts on travel systems and if they are worth waiting for or no different to going to the local pram/nursery store. I'm not 100% sure what one I want yet but now I'm 20 weeks I'm just dying to make a 'big' purchase and the show isn't until November 😅

Has any one been to the baby and toddler show? I want know if there are discounts on travel systems and if they are worth waiting for or no different to going to the local pram/nursery store. I'm not 100% sure what one I want yet but now I'm 20 weeks I'm just dying to make a 'big' purchase and the show isn't until November 😅
Someone told me they sell all the display prams for cheap but you have to get in there early to reserve them, not sure how true that is!
I had a baby appointment at John Lewis and got 15% off a £1500 spend!

Reactions: 2
Mega braxton hicks tonight - feels so weird and intense. I’ve still got around 11 weeks until my section but I do wonder if he’ll want to come earlier. Curious to see how many weeks of blood thinners I’ll be given at the end of all this. Sounds like it really varies.

Mega braxton hicks tonight - feels so weird and intense. I’ve still got around 11 weeks until my section but I do wonder if he’ll want to come earlier. Curious to see how many weeks of blood thinners I’ll be given at the end of all this. Sounds like it really varies.
Is that the injections you have to do at home? I think I had 10 days of them last time. I got my mum to do them, no way I could inject myself 🤣🤣

Is that the injections you have to do at home? I think I had 10 days of them last time. I got my mum to do them, no way I could inject myself 🤣🤣
That’s them. If you’re over 35, it’s often 7 weeks worth, so I’m expecting that but hoping for less.

That’s them. If you’re over 35, it’s often 7 weeks worth, so I’m expecting that but hoping for less.
oh I didn’t know that, I was 33 last time. Will ask the midwife when I next see her.

Oh guys! I checked my online pregnancy notes and I have a date for my section now, 19th October - so proper on countdown!!

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.