Pregnancy #51

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had a bit of a cry earlier because I realised how much I'm going to miss being pregnant šŸ„ŗ I have actually really enjoyed my pregnancy (apart from the acid reflux and aches and pains) but I've loved not having periods (dreading them coming back!) and my mental health has also been loads better. I can see why some women have a lot of children close together but unfortunately that's just not an option for me - this will more than likely be my only pregnancy so it makes me sad that it's almost over šŸ˜¢
Iā€™m the exact same! Iā€™ve loved being pregnant and have been so lucky Iā€™ve had barely any symptoms only a bit of sickness at the beginning, I also think this will be our only baby as not sure we could afford another one šŸ˜¢

• Heart
Reactions: 5
weā€™re 2 weeks post baby and i am loving tescos own brand for sleepsuits and vests!! even more of a bonus that they do tiny sizing too

I had a bit of a cry earlier because I realised how much I'm going to miss being pregnant šŸ„ŗ I have actually really enjoyed my pregnancy (apart from the acid reflux and aches and pains) but I've loved not having periods (dreading them coming back!) and my mental health has also been loads better. I can see why some women have a lot of children close together but unfortunately that's just not an option for me - this will more than likely be my only pregnancy so it makes me sad that it's almost over šŸ˜¢
This makes me think I should try and enjoy it more in case I regret not embracing it. I donā€™t HATE being pregnant. But I do feel like I have to keep reminding myself that these changes are a temporary thing and I do feel like Iā€™m counting down to baby being here so I can get back to myself. I miss doing things I enjoy, Iā€™m not a fan of the change to my body at all, and donā€™t enjoy trying to dress a pregnant body. I donā€™t feel ā€œbeautifulā€ and have to say the idea of giving birth im just trying to block out at the moment šŸ˜… I am grateful as I havenā€™t had a terrible pregnancy so far (24 weeks this week) and Iā€™m still active etc. Legs ache a bit and Iā€™m rolling out of bed in a morning haha. But Iā€™m not someone who loves it.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
This makes me think I should try and enjoy it more in case I regret not embracing it. I donā€™t HATE being pregnant. But I do feel like I have to keep reminding myself that these changes are a temporary thing and I do feel like Iā€™m counting down to baby being here so I can get back to myself. I miss doing things I enjoy, Iā€™m not a fan of the change to my body at all, and donā€™t enjoy trying to dress a pregnant body. I donā€™t feel ā€œbeautifulā€ and have to say the idea of giving birth im just trying to block out at the moment šŸ˜… I am grateful as I havenā€™t had a terrible pregnancy so far (24 weeks this week) and Iā€™m still active etc. Legs ache a bit and Iā€™m rolling out of bed in a morning haha. But Iā€™m not someone who loves it.
You're not alone in this, don't worry. I love feeling her move and wriggle but I don't love being pregnant. Generally speaking I've had a very easy pregnancy - scans all good, no deficiencies or GD or UTIs. I think I was physically sick maybe once in the first trimester? But the act of being pregnant is very much a means to an end for me, I don't feel like a positively changed woman, I'm just doing it all for the little person at the end of it. I don't even really think about being pregnant much. It's all very "meh" for me.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I was induced with my first and this one (second/last) will be born via c-section. I'm suddenly upset with the fact I'll never get to experience going into labour naturally, or having the moment of ringing my boyfriend to say 'I think it's happening'. I've ordered a pregnancy ball to see if it kicks anything off within the next 2 weeks as I'd weirdly like to experience early labour before going for my c-section. Anyone else feel like this?

• Heart
Reactions: 4
You're not alone in this, don't worry. I love feeling her move and wriggle but I don't love being pregnant. Generally speaking I've had a very easy pregnancy - scans all good, no deficiencies or GD or UTIs. I think I was physically sick maybe once in the first trimester? But the act of being pregnant is very much a means to an end for me, I don't feel like a positively changed woman, I'm just doing it all for the little person at the end of it. I don't even really think about being pregnant much. It's all very "meh" for me.
I couldā€™ve written this. Thereā€™s been no life affirming moments as I was told there would be. Iā€™ve just become more rotund and angrier. Canā€™t imagine what a harder pregnancy wouldā€™ve done to me.
The only thing itā€™s done is make me realise how vulnerable I am as a pregnant woman, which as a 5ā€™10 cart horse, Iā€™ve not enjoyed at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
For me the past month has really been horrible with digestive issues and piles which is awful as noone talks about it despite being agonisingly painful and it's getting to the point where I'm dreading the next 4.5 months as I'm scared it's only going worse. I also have what I think is PTSD from a miscarriage so it's been hard to relax and enjoy it. I can also see my body starting to change and I'm not sure I like it. That said, I'm incredibly grateful to be pregnant but I just want the end product please and thank you!

• Heart
I was induced with my first and this one (second/last) will be born via c-section. I'm suddenly upset with the fact I'll never get to experience going into labour naturally, or having the moment of ringing my boyfriend to say 'I think it's happening'. I've ordered a pregnancy ball to see if it kicks anything off within the next 2 weeks as I'd weirdly like to experience early labour before going for my c-section. Anyone else feel like this?
I think this is very normal. My first ended in EMCS. And Iā€™ll probably have an elective next time. But I do feel a bit sad Iā€™ll never feel another contraction or push a baby out of my vagina- as crazy as that sounds!

Iā€™m nervous about giving birth and coming to a decision. I was induced with first born and it was a pretty horrible labour, 24 hours after my waters broke so was about to get emergency c section then she nearly came out vaginally but turned at the last minute and got stuck, got rushed to theatre for c section then they tried forceps and she came out but we both had infections by this point so were in hospital for days. Canā€™t decide whether to have an elective c section this time to save all the scariness or go with the theory that every time will be different so this time could be so much smoother. Down side of section is the recovery obviously when I will already have a 2 year old but being in labour again terrifies me. Will be speaking to midwife about best options nearer the time obviously.

• Heart
Iā€™m nervous about giving birth and coming to a decision. I was induced with first born and it was a pretty horrible labour, 24 hours after my waters broke so was about to get emergency c section then she nearly came out vaginally but turned at the last minute and got stuck, got rushed to theatre for c section then they tried forceps and she came out but we both had infections by this point so were in hospital for days. Canā€™t decide whether to have an elective c section this time to save all the scariness or go with the theory that every time will be different so this time could be so much smoother. Down side of section is the recovery obviously when I will already have a 2 year old but being in labour again terrifies me. Will be speaking to midwife about best options nearer the time obviously.
This is the reason I've opted for an elective c-section this time. Was induced at 40+4 due to high blood pressure, ended in a forceps delivery and both me and baby kept in for 7 days due to infections. I feel more in control this time having opted for a c-section. X

• Heart
This is the reason I've opted for an elective c-section this time. Was induced at 40+4 due to high blood pressure, ended in a forceps delivery and both me and baby kept in for 7 days due to infections. I feel more in control this time having opted for a c-section. X
I feel the same as you too, just feel anxious about being alone with a newborn and a toddler once other half has to go back to work after a couple of weeks!

This is exactly the same as me. Easy (touch wood) pregnancy but itā€™s a means to an end. I actually preferred it in the first 12 weeks although I was a bit sick, because I wasnā€™t showing and no one knew so I was being treated as normal and could get on as normal.

Reactions: 1
My birth was surprisingly quick, 4 hours in total so Iā€™m curious to see if my second will be the same. After I gave birth and was stitched up with my first the midwife asked if everything felt okay, told her no it felt weird and she very casually just said ā€œno hun thatā€™s your pilesā€ I was mortified šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ I found pushing hard, they said your body knows what to do but mine DIDNā€™T šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 3
My birth was surprisingly quick, 4 hours in total so Iā€™m curious to see if my second will be the same. After I gave birth and was stitched up with my first the midwife asked if everything felt okay, told her no it felt weird and she very casually just said ā€œno hun thatā€™s your pilesā€ I was mortified šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ I found pushing hard, they said your body knows what to do but mine DIDNā€™T šŸ˜‚
Omg I had my daughter in 3.5 hours, they told me after ā€œyouā€™ll have to have a home birth for your 2ndā€ - obviously a bit tongue in cheek at the time but we have opted for that this time. Did they suggest that for you too?
Only 13 weeks so trying to not worry about it for now!

Reactions: 1
Omg I had my daughter in 3.5 hours, they told me after ā€œyouā€™ll have to have a home birth for your 2ndā€ - obviously a bit tongue in cheek at the time but we have opted for that this time. Did they suggest that for you too?
They didnā€™t mention a home birth to me yet but Iā€™m in a different hospital with this one, donā€™t think they even have the history of my last birth on their system šŸ˜‚ itā€™s something weā€™ll be discussing with the midwife at our next appointment though

They didnā€™t mention a home birth to me yet but Iā€™m in a different hospital with this one, donā€™t think they even have the history of my last birth on their system šŸ˜‚ itā€™s something weā€™ll be discussing with the midwife at our next appointment though
Ah that is likely why then? The booking in midwife asked me what I wanted to do and she said you can change your mind at any point which was reassuring. Iā€™ll likely plan for both eventualities!

My labour with my first was 72 hours in total. I was knackered by the time it came to pushing, I just wanted to go home!

I've started looking at baby girls clothes, so cute šŸ˜ feels like Asda are a better price but I worry about the quality. Next and m&s are so expensive though!
I don't know how much of what I should buy either, ended up with millions of excess with my son's that hardly got used
Next seem to wash much better imo - theyā€™re more expensive but you get more use out of them. I found primark/Asda/tesco would shrink within 2-3 washes, but next would do my daughter the whole age range even wearing 2x a week to nursery etc. can get bargains on Vinted too - got her a top and legging set for 12-18 months (Ā£1 - it was immaculate) and despite being washed multiple times a week it lasted her until she was 20 months, so Iā€™d have spent the Ā£11 or whatever it was full price happily! itā€™s pretty much the only brand I buy now for her or this baby, either new or on Vinted, because it just lasts so well and is such great quality
---
What's everyone doing re swaddling? I've bought a love to dream zip up swaddle but once again the price šŸ˜µā€šŸ’« Also we have our first NCT class tonight and I'm bricking it, I hate in person social interaction but my husband is really keen šŸ™ƒ
Donā€™t spend a fortune! I bought every swaddle bag with my first and she hated them all except being swaddled in a blanket the old fashioned way, so this time Iā€™m buying one (probably a love to dream to be fair!) and then will try gradually if it doesnā€™t work. Lesson learnt haah
---
Mine was 4 hours too and they said that to me, and when I said no they told my OH heā€™d need to drive fast šŸ¤£

Last edited:
Iā€™ve always found Next to be the best in terms of quality and durability. Weā€™re having our third daughter and most of the Next things from our first are still in good enough condition to be worn by this baby.

Reactions: 2
Morning lovely tattlers. Went to hospital yesterday as I was worried about twin 1ā€™s movements. They told me the day before at the last growth scan that twin 1 hadnā€™t grown that much in 2 weeks and wanted to move my c-section forward to yesterday. I panicked but then weighed up all the options and declined. Then I was worried Iā€™d made the wrong choice so went back to get monitored and decided I wasnā€™t feeling twin 1 at all.
They offered the c-section again and I accepted.
Iā€™m sitting here now with a boy and a girl born 5/10/23 after a very positive c-section experience. The boy is the smaller one weighing in at 5lb 4 and girl at 6lb 9.
Both doing well šŸ„°šŸ„°šŸ„°

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.