Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

amyy

VIP Member
New around this thread.
Currently 5 weeks 3 days pregnant. My scan is next week.
How do you cope with the anxiety from now until the scan? I'm driving myself mad.
Iv had some brown spotting which hasn't helped, even though I have been assured its normal.
Very normal indeed, probablys off baby implanting! Hang in there until your scan. I know it's hard but try and think positive and don't think of what 'could' go wrong. x

justonemorepage

VIP Member
Did you buy it from a store ? Ours is isofix but the store said that if we want to take it to them to help show us how to fit it correctly they’d do it for us. Maybe yours could?
I bought it online and it was part of a travel system. I've been online and it comes with a manual and it's just the seatbelt attachment which I'm not 100% happy with as it moves about if you give it a few taps so I just feel like it's not safe and I'm close to crying over it 🤦‍♀️ I've emailed the company to see if an ISO fix base is available to buy for it but if not then I'll have to see what else I can find 🙈 FML I should have been more organised so it's on me really. At least we have one car seat for the time being.

CallMeHollywood

VIP Member
Am I mental to be thinking about packing my hospital bag now? 32+6, not getting any more limber 😂
Do it! Keep seeing babies born early and it worried me do mine and his are done - I’m 29 weeks 😆
---
My waters broke in my sleep but it was a trickle that gradually got heavier with each contraction. I think it’s a bit of a movie thing that your waters suddenly gush out.
The gush is a thing unfortunately.

Mine is. I didn't feel her until quite late on. It states in my folder if you haven't felt by 24 weeks to call the midwife, I first felt her move when I was 23 +4. I still don't feel her move loads at 27 weeks but she has her own little pattern and everything has been fine at each appointment.
How many weeks are you?
Ok that's great I'm just a few days before you but sometimes panic if I don't feel anything for a while🙈

Kaybethkay

VIP Member
This craving is soo cliche I know but I didn’t get it with my daughter (having a boy now) and all im craving is pickles/gherkins. Had a mad dash to sainsburys and got some own brand ones and they’ve hit the spot. But where does the best ones 😂😂

CallMeHollywood

VIP Member
I should have said as well that my baby weighs 9lb 6oz!!! I’m 5ft2in and usually around a size 10. No wonder I was so bloody uncomfortable 🤣

Gobsmaked as this one came at 39+3 and my first who was overdue by 9 days was 8lb 8oz - I thought that was big!
That’s a big baby! How are you all doing?

Pertrulia

New to tattle so sorry if it's been covered! - Currently 8 weeks pregnant and suffering from hyperemesis gravidarum. Does anybody have any tips to help please!? Not coping with severe sickness but also grateful as i know this means healthy levels of HCG! 😂

Sickofinstacrap

Has anyone had persistently low blood pressure? Mine is now 30 under my normal and the midwife isn’t bothered? I know they’re more worried about high BP. I suppose they only way it’s affecting me is the light headedness but I find it bizzare that their like ‘meh just don’t stand up quick’ 🤣🤣🤣

Jellycat369

Chatty Member
Morning lovely tattlers. Went to hospital yesterday as I was worried about twin 1’s movements. They told me the day before at the last growth scan that twin 1 hadn’t grown that much in 2 weeks and wanted to move my c-section forward to yesterday. I panicked but then weighed up all the options and declined. Then I was worried I’d made the wrong choice so went back to get monitored and decided I wasn’t feeling twin 1 at all.
They offered the c-section again and I accepted.
I’m sitting here now with a boy and a girl born 5/10/23 after a very positive c-section experience. The boy is the smaller one weighing in at 5lb 4 and girl at 6lb 9.
Both doing well 🥰🥰🥰
Congratulations ❤
---
Congratulations!
Our baby boy arrived yesterday too.
9 days late, but I arrived at the hospital and had him within 2 hours.
He was born in the same birthing pool his big sister was born in 🥰
Congratulations! ❤

Kaybethkay

VIP Member
Is anyone (or has) bringing their own bassinet/cot sheets for the hospital?
I didn’t. The hospitals were clean and if baby makes a mess they’re more than happy to give you fresh ones. Also their cots are a lot smaller than a bassinet so I don’t think they’d fit 😊

Jellycat369

Chatty Member
Right, birth plans. Who’s written one? This is my plan for today. Do you use a template, did you hand write it? Do you have two - one for natural and one for section?
There is should be a page in your notes to guide you. I wrote mine for my first using a template from the positive birthing company. This time round I'm going to take a different approach, go with birth vibes rather than a plan. Jen Hamilton on TikTok has a downloadable template 😊