Pregnancy #51

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Still pregnant 🙃 booked in for a sweep next week. Keeping my fingers crossed that I'll go before then. Midwife said the baby is in a great position for labour so she can't see why I wouldn't go before next week but equally I'm not really having any signs so who knows 🤷 hope everyone else are doing well ❤
I had none of the traditional signs, my first sign was my waters breaking!!

Reactions: 2
Still pregnant 🙃 booked in for a sweep next week. Keeping my fingers crossed that I'll go before then. Midwife said the baby is in a great position for labour so she can't see why I wouldn't go before next week but equally I'm not really having any signs so who knows 🤷 hope everyone else are doing well ❤
My first sign was having to get up to pee every 2 seconds. Was not amused 😒 My waters never broke so had to really insist on going to the hospital as they didn't think I was far enough along 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 3
I had a sweep on my due date where the midwife said she was on a good run and her last 6 sweeps had been successful, even though babyGG wasn’t in a great position, she just had a feeling she’d get number 7. She was correct. My waters broke 37 hours after my sweep and my only sign was my bloody show a few hours before, then my waters had popped and it’s all a blur from that moment on 🥴😂

Reactions: 1
I had my 12 week scan today. Everything went well. After 2 losses last year the feeling was unbelievable seeing our little baby moving about 🥺 It was so surreal! I’ve already got one child but the feeling of seeing your little baby on the screen is amazing! I sobbed 🥰🥺

• Heart
Reactions: 20
i worked out regular pre pregnancy

i felt so sick and threw up until about 18 weeks. then i started with round ligament pain. in my third trimester i felt the best. but i haven’t kept up with any workouts. so now i feel extremely weak. even body weight squats are absolutely foreign to me now. is anyone else is the same situation and is wondering how their body can recover post pregnancy ?
Just popping my head in here! I ran a marathon about 3 weeks before I conceived our LO and ended up with plantar fasciitis from it. Had lots of RLP, fatigue and breathlessness (I managed to dodge sickness somehow) for the whole 9 months basically. I ran a 5k flat race in September at about 12 weeks pregnant in 40 odd minutes because I was so breathless - the day before the marathon I ran a relaxed 28 minute parkrun... So my fitness changed drastically in a very short amount of time.

Now I'm 8 months post partum and I'm running a couple of times a week, 3 to 5 miles a time. Do strength work outs (both at the gym by myself and with a buggy fitness class) at least three if not four times a week (I have a very understand OH who's also into fitness and we alternate who goes out as my buggy fit classes and one run a week are with baby). I'm nowhere near as fit as I was before but I am starting to get there and see an improvement. There's a postpartum fitness thread on here too with some other ladies who are getting back to pre-baby level! For now, try not to worry. Is there a pregnancy yoga class or pilates class you could do? Or some nice walks? At third trimester it's more about the mental benefits of working out than the physical IMO.

ETA - Also, just to add, nothing fuelled my pregnancy rage more than instagram pages and magazines like Runners World shouting loudly about women running/doing cross fit/triathalon/whatever sport up to "the day before they gave birth". So, so rare to have a pregnancy like that and great if you do, but the majority of women don't and it just makes you feel tit!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Is anyone suffering from Pelvic Girdle pain?🙈 Who knew turning in the bed could be so torturous🙈

Reactions: 2
Is anyone suffering from Pelvic Girdle pain?🙈 Who knew turning in the bed could be so torturous🙈
I think it's starting, if I am active through out the day I get pains all over my hip and especially my hip joint bone. Walking up and down the stairs is tough. Now it only happened twice so far so hopefully I won't have it all the time but sympathise to ppl who have it worse.

Yep, my midwife said it sounds like I have it at my 16 week appointment (now 19+1) 😭 waiting on a physio appointment that’ll hopefully help! It’s awful 😭

Yes I've had it for weeks now didn't realise what it was until I started googling and unfortunately I don't think a lot can be done for it. Can't 'go for a walk', lean on one leg, do any work that involves bending and lying on my back is so painful. I do blame an old back injury. Hoping it disappears after and doesn't affect the labour too much😔

Yes I've had it for weeks now didn't realise what it was until I started googling and unfortunately I don't think a lot can be done for it. Can't 'go for a walk', lean on one leg, do any work that involves bending and lying on my back is so painful. I do blame an old back injury. Hoping it disappears after and doesn't affect the labour too much😔
I’ve had it in both my pregnancies-definitely see a physio. Physio led pregnancy pilates has saved me this time around. The good news is women who suffer from it apparently have an easier time in labour (probably because they’ve spent 90% of their pregnancy in excruciating pain). You can get a bed sheet to help you turn in bed (have a google). Knees together as much as you can and sit when getting dressed etc. walking was my trigger so I’ve minimised movement this time round which has helped too. And no hoovering lol!

• Heart
I’ve become the kind of person who feels ultimately satisfied when I find the perfect changing mats to match my nursery wallpaper 😂

also had our first NCT session last night. Only the local trust one but I actually found it helpful and informative. 2 more sessions and if I want to know more will look into the baby academy courses

Keep those legs together whenever you can, especially getting out of the car, I found. Get a support belt, ladies - it will help! I’ve found I’m wearing mine a little less the further down he goes as he’s keeping my pelvis a little more structured. Definitely see a physio - you can self refer, so they’re usually quite busy. YouTube has some good exercises if you can’t get to one - there wasn’t a free slot until December so I didn’t bother and did YouTube instead.
---
So many babies were born in the December baby centre forum yesterday - it really was the domino effect 😆

slightly gross query fuelled by my NCT class yesterday, the teacher(?? group leader? lol) said to bring TWENTY maternity pads to the hospital. that seems mental to me. is it really that heavy after birth? freaked me out 😑

slightly gross query fuelled by my NCT class yesterday, the teacher(?? group leader? lol) said to bring TWENTY maternity pads to the hospital. that seems mental to me. is it really that heavy after birth? freaked me out 😑
Yeah after my first I went through so many maternity pads I bled ridiculously!

YES-you will probably need to change every 1-2 hours for the first few days. That’s why the maternity pants are so impractical for the first few days.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.