Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

catgal

Section booked for Tuesday… is it normal to feel totally overwhelmed at this point and almost not wanting to turn up at the hospital?😂 I’m so excited to meet my baby girl but I also feel sad about my pregnancy being over🥺 I think cause we wait so long for this moment, when it finally comes it totally hits you!

• Heart
Reactions: 14

WhatABore

VIP Member
Does anyone know why the stigma around not breastfeeding is so opinionated and emotional for people? I personally am unsure if I want to breast feed as the thought of it is making me really anxious but I’ve had such negative reactions when I’ve mentioned it. It’s such a personal thing, of course I want what’s best for my baby, but I also want to be 100% in myself. My friend bottle fed her little one and she won’t breast feed her one on the way as she doesn’t feel like she wants to. I don’t see anything wrong with that and I’d personally never judge a woman’s choice.
One of the strangest things I found each time I announced a pregnancy, was the amount of people that responded with "Are you going to breastfeed?"
I wouldn't in a million years think to ask anyone that because it's none of my business and what difference does it make to me? Nothing.
So I don't understand why people ask/care.

Reactions: 13

Itsallthecheese

Please if you're worried just turn up at PAU.
Defiantly turn up! You know your baby and if you are worried just go fuck what they think x
Thanks everyone luckily my community midwife rang me and I went to see her. Baby is fine thankfully, my community midwife is with a different trust to the hospital I go to (joy of living rurally) she was furious at the maternity assessment unit, going to see if I can change trusts and hospitals as not impressed so far.

• Heart

WeHadFunRight

VIP Member
Had a rough day today, blood test and then was expecting a growth scan for baby but they did a Doppler artery scan instead to check the blood flow. It hurt so much and I thought I was going to throw up I had to get her to stop. They could only find one artery and said it looked normal. I finally saw the consultant face to face and I feel so daunted with everything now. She intimated my blood pressure is high (I have typed it into Google and it said it’s normal??) now I have to be monitored monthly up to 28 weeks, fortnightly after that, then weekly post 32 weeks I think. I really feel like sh*t and I’ve spent most of the afternoon in bed.
Sorry for the whinge, I just don’t have anywhere to let it all out,

• Heart

WhatABore

VIP Member
Posted this in the new baby thread but I'll post it here too!

For anyone looking for baby things but don't want to pay for the name/pay too much. I recommend Kinderkraft stuff. Most of our baby stuff is by them and has lasted ages. They do the side sleeper/cot things too. We got our pushchair from there, the Kinderkraft Xmoov and it's been better than our Mamas and Pappas pram which was around 4 times the cost!
Worth looking into if you don't want to spend too much or don't have a huge budget! The stuff is practically the same, just without the big brand names!

• Heart

DiscoBiscuit

VIP Member
I really want to breastfeed again, but not necessarily for the "right" reasons. I don't want to spend a fortune on formula, and I'm too lazy and disorganised to be faffing about sterilising and prepping bottles. 😂 We did baby led weaning last time for similar reasons; I'm too lazy to make and freeze purees, and I didn't want to spend a fortune on jars and pouches, so he just ate variations of what we were having.

Unfortunately, I think you get judged in every aspect of parenting, you just need to learn to smile and nod, and do things your way. I always covered up to feed my son, because I felt more comfortable that way. I'd still get looks and whispering, but I ignored it. Only once did anyone actually say anything, and I didn't need to defend myself because another woman jumped in and told them where to go.
One time I took a bottle of expressed milk out as we were trying to prepare him for me going back to work. There was a bit of a faff in Costa around getting some hot water to warm it up, and the snotty cow on the next table said to her friend "wouldn't be an issue if she'd breastfed." I soon put her straight 😒

WeHadFunRight

VIP Member
I have the rage today 🙈 just nipped to Asda for a few bits, no parking spaces and old people everywhere either walking slowly and in the way, or driving and not watching where they are going!

My blood pressure must be through the roof, even MiniGlenCoco said she wanted to go home to get away from everyone 😂 think we'll be having a movie afternoon!
I too had major rage today!! I am normally really good with my language around my 4yo but today I yelled at two motorists to “stop DICKING ABOUT!!!!” I apologised to 4yo immediately but she obviously had some stuff to work through too because she started shouting at them as well - including that she was going to chop them in half and put them in the bin 🤣🤣🤣🤣 she was still going about ten minutes after the initial incident.

• Haha
Reactions: 12

Nipslips

Chatty Member
Anyone suffer from leg cramps? I had them super early on and now they’ve started again (20 weeks). Think I’m getting a cold too, sneezed about 50 times yesterday and woken up with a blocked nose.

also feeling down about how big I am :( I just can’t stop eating 😞 I’ve always suffered with my weight and was in a pretty “average” place before pregnancy and feel so guilty for eating so much crap but I don’t have the energy to cook meals really, I’m exhausted by 6pm still and never got the burst of energy promised. Being anaemic has really knocked me. Got a scan on Tuesday though and at least get to find out whether mini muffin is s boy or s girl and praying everything is ok with the baby and I don’t get shit about my size.
Do not feel down! I survived on sausage rolls and jelly babies. He came out looking like both 💙

• Haha

WeHadFunRight

VIP Member
I missed getting my flu jab and I have flu. If anyone is umming and erring about getting the flu jab please just get it because this is horrendous

• Sad
  • Heart

pink_lemonade

Chatty Member
Omg had a bit of a moment last night…

I went a wee, it was like a real big full bladder wee, and when I wiped there was 2 really pale pink smudges of watery blood on the paper, now I’ve not had a good week, been very tired and emotional, so this sends me off, I’ve never experienced any bleeding what so ever whilst being pregnant so was really shocked! Told my boyfriend, put a pad on, went for a few wees after and there was nothing there, but girls you know what it’s like, I rang the emergency anti natal, Omg she was the loveliest woman, basically said she wasn’t overly concerned as I’ve had no pain etc etc, to me to keep the pad on for a few hours, which I did…

I go for a wee again, wiped and there is pin pricks of blood on the tissue and now on the pad… long story short, I’d cut myself shaving and when I was wiping, it was on the tissue getting diluted by my wee so looking like there was more blood then there was…

honestly I was crying the lot, felt so stupid when I realised, I’m gonna drive myself insane at some point 😰😰😰😰😰

• Heart

Facehugger

VIP Member
Good evening ladies. I like to read this thread, I'm a lurking Nanna aged person now, not a KW and I love to read how you're all getting on.

Anyway, does requesting your birth notes under request have a time limit? My son was 8 weeks prem over 30 years ago, I was treated dismally in hospital and kicked out on Christmas Eve at 5pm 3 days after he was born, I had to leave him in NICU. The whole thing was awful. I've never had any more children.

In those days we got one scan at 16 weeks and if all was normal, you didn't get another one. Midwife appts once a month. Mine missed me being in early labour for 4 days, then it was a mad dash in an ambulance once contractions kicked in properly every 3 minutes at 31 +6. Anyway, if I could still request mine, I'd like to. Thanks ladies, I wish you all the best of luck with your babies 😘xx

• Heart

WeepingCassandra

VIP Member
I keep getting 'oh well you chose to have 4! 🖕🏻🖕🏻
Honestly they can all get effed. You know how many people have told me the awful stories of birth and raising children? So many I can’t count. You know who’s told me anything good about having kids? One of my work colleagues. ONE. When I first told her she told me with a massive smile on her face how much joy her kids bring her even when they’re being ‘difficult’ and how it’s a change but for the better.

• Heart

DiscoBiscuit

VIP Member
I've had my last growth scan today, and they're happy for her to stay where she is until 39 weeks! 🎉🎉🎉

So I'm all booked for my section, got my Omeprazole and my instructions, and I can make arrangements for the bigger kid and the dog.

Just got to hope she doesn't try and make an early exit before then 🤞

• Heart

WeHadFunRight

VIP Member
This baby is playing a serious game of cat and mouse with me already. She kicks and wriggles like crazy but the moment I put my hand on my stomach to try and feel her from the outside she stops!!! Every time. I left my hand there for a few minutes just now to see if she’d kick again with my hand there but nope… take it off she’s back at it like she’s in a jungle gym. Wind up merchant.

• Heart

WeepingCassandra

VIP Member
Has anyone decided not to get the flu jab, whooping cough or a covid booster in pregnancy?
I’ll have anything and everything they want me to tbh. Modern medicine has come so far that the risks associated with vaccines are absolutely minimal. Sorry to say and not to put the fear of god into anyone but your child is far more likely to be disabled by the process of childbirth than any vaccine offered in this country.

My mum had whooping cough as a child and nearly died from it, now she always gets a really bad chest every time she has a cold/flu and when she does she “whoops” rather than coughs. It’s not pleasant.

• Heart

loveanatter

VIP Member
We’re away for the night and the bath is HUGE. Big/ deep enough to completely cover my 32 week bump 👏🏻
It’s the small things!

• Heart

Spencerskates

VIP Member
Had my midwife appointment yesterday, everything all good.

bht this morning I’ve started bleeding. Not spotting like before, actual heavy bleeding. But because I was seen in the early pregnancy unit a week ago they won’t see me again unless I’ve been bleeding heavily for 5+ days. What would you guys do? I feel so lost and scared and my partner is at work.

• Heart