Pregnancy #42 the only place where vomiting down yourself isn’t frowned upon

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
18 weeks tomorrow and the tiredness & nausea seems to have come back in full swing 😵
Had to nap for an hour today and still feel like I could sleep if I went to bed.
Also been eating 2 dinners the last few days because I’m so bloody hungry. I’m thinking I’m not eating enough during the day & then feel ravenous by the time I get home from work.
Anyone got any filling lunch ideas? I feel like I’m eating the same boring low carlorie (not on purpose) meals!

We’re away for the night and the bath is HUGE. Big/ deep enough to completely cover my 32 week bump 👏🏻
It’s the small things!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Well the cold I thought I shook earlier in the week is back with a vengeance. I feel like a baby complaining about a cold but it’s taking ages to get rid of. I have so much to do and I hate just sitting and resting, I’ve got two trips in the next two weeks for work as well arghhh. Does anyone just feel really helpless sometimes?

Reactions: 2
Well the cold I thought I shook earlier in the week is back with a vengeance. I feel like a baby complaining about a cold but it’s taking ages to get rid of. I have so much to do and I hate just sitting and resting, I’ve got two trips in the next two weeks for work as well arghhh. Does anyone just feel really helpless sometimes?
yes I had a horrible head cold a couple of weeks ago which took ages to shake. It really got me down. And my nausea and vomiting seems to be back. I feel like I’ve been sick constantly and feel all I do is complain. So different to my first pregnancy.

• Heart
Anyone else really struggling with there sleep? 31 + 5 and my hips and lower back just above my bum are agony 😭 in the day it’s not to bad but at night it’s awful I’m tossing and turning all night

• Heart
Anyone else really struggling with there sleep? 31 + 5 and my hips and lower back just above my bum are agony 😭 in the day it’s not to bad but at night it’s awful I’m tossing and turning all night
Yes me, I’m 33 + 4 and even my pregnancy pillow isn’t helping now 🙁. My bump also feels so heavy when I’m tossing and turning. It’s no fun is it. I’ll be making the most of a lazy Sunday today!!

Yeah almost 34 weeks here and I actually dread going to bed because of how uncomfortable I am in the night 😫

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
yes I had a horrible head cold a couple of weeks ago which took ages to shake. It really got me down. And my nausea and vomiting seems to be back. I feel like I’ve been sick constantly and feel all I do is complain. So different to my first pregnancy.
My nausea came back with covid and I have such a chesty cough atm it’s making me want to be sick. I know what you mean about feeling down, I feel relatively useless during pregnancy anyway 😂 but this is making it worse. Also getting up off the sofa is becoming more of a challenge too and takes ages and I’m out of breath by the time I’m up I need to sit back down again.

Ooh, didn't realise there was a pregnancy thread... can I join? I'm about 10-11 weeks pregnant now and it's come as such a shock I'm finding it hard to accept it's all really happening. I've already got 2 girls who are at primary school now but it was such a long road to have them - literally ruined about a decade of my life having (what felt like) endless surgeries, cycles of IVF, miscarriages. It affected absolutely everything in my life from relationships to work/career to how I felt about myself. My pregnancies that led to my girls were relatively drama-free (amazingly) but I was so anxious after enduring so much treatment and loss already I found pregnancy very hard.

I'm such a mess with anxiety (pregnancy related and this baby was such a huge surprise after all the interventions the other ones took, it was totally unplanned and I'm 40 now so my age is freaking me out too 🥴 ). The thought having to tell people in a few weeks time makes me feel sick, I just want to hide away. I feel so guilty too knowing how hard it can be to get pregnant in the first place, stay pregnant and how much money that can cost, how much grief it causes when it doesn't work. Bleugh, I feel bad that what should be happy news (and this baby is certainly very wanted) is doing nothing but fill me with a mixture of anxiety, guilt and stress. I also feel like absolute shite, don't suppose that is helping!!! :sick:🤮

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Ooh, didn't realise there was a pregnancy thread... can I join? I'm about 10-11 weeks pregnant now and it's come as such a shock I'm finding it hard to accept it's all really happening. I've already got 2 girls who are at primary school now but it was such a long road to have them - literally ruined about a decade of my life having (what felt like) endless surgeries, cycles of IVF, miscarriages. It affected absolutely everything in my life from relationships to work/career to how I felt about myself. My pregnancies that led to my girls were relatively drama-free (amazingly) but I was so anxious after enduring so much treatment and loss already I found pregnancy very hard.

I'm such a mess with anxiety (pregnancy related and this baby was such a huge surprise after all the interventions the other ones took, it was totally unplanned and I'm 40 now so my age is freaking me out too 🥴 ). The thought having to tell people in a few weeks time makes me feel sick, I just want to hide away. I feel so guilty too knowing how hard it can be to get pregnant in the first place, stay pregnant and how much money that can cost, how much grief it causes when it doesn't work. Bleugh, I feel bad that what should be happy news (and this baby is certainly very wanted) is doing nothing but fill me with a mixture of anxiety, guilt and stress. I also feel like absolute shite, don't suppose that is helping!!! :sick:🤮
I want to tell you that your feelings around your surprise pregnancy are normal and very similar to my experience.
I hate telling people I’m pregnant- you don’t have to tell them either btw. I didn’t tell my closest colleague up til last week (I’m 26 weeks today) because I just didn’t want to face reality.
This thread has really helped me feel like I have a safe space in a little online community and has helped me come to terms with everything that is happening. So big welcome and you’re not alone in all the stress and the guilt xx

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Anyone have any experience of labour with piles? 😬 I’m 40+3, had an upset stomach yesterday and a sudden mahoosive external pile has appeared out of nowhere and it is so painful and uncomfortable! To top it off I’ve been having mild contractions overnight and all morning so not sure if labour is starting, although I’ve had start stop false labour since 37 weeks so don’t think I’ll accept it is for real until the pain becomes worse. Could really do without a ginormous bum grape right now 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Anyone have any experience of labour with piles? 😬 I’m 40+3, had an upset stomach yesterday and a sudden mahoosive external pile has appeared out of nowhere and it is so painful and uncomfortable! To top it off I’ve been having mild contractions overnight and all morning so not sure if labour is starting, although I’ve had start stop false labour since 37 weeks so don’t think I’ll accept it is for real until the pain becomes worse. Could really do without a ginormous bum grape right now 😭
Me! Mine appeared 4 weeks before my due date and didn’t completely go down until about 6 weeks after I had him. I will say giving birth really made them so much worse for about a week but I laboured quite quick and kept spontaneously pushing when they kept saying I wasn’t quite ready 😬 I used the germaloids cream which was bloody fantastic for numbing the painful aspect but nothing takes away the uncomfortable feeling of them just hanging there 😩

You have my sympathy because they were absolutely horrendous and I hope I never ever have a bum plum ever again 🥲 x

• Heart
Me! Mine appeared 4 weeks before my due date and didn’t completely go down until about 6 weeks after I had him. I will say giving birth really made them so much worse for about a week but I laboured quite quick and kept spontaneously pushing when they kept saying I wasn’t quite ready 😬 I used the germaloids cream which was bloody fantastic for numbing the painful aspect but nothing takes away the uncomfortable feeling of them just hanging there 😩

You have my sympathy because they were absolutely horrendous and I hope I never ever have a bum plum ever again 🥲 x
Did you notice them at all during labour? I have visions of them bursting or something horrific 😂 Thank you for the reassurance, my husband has popped out to grab me some germaloids so let’s hope I get some relief in before baby comes 🤞🏻I’m glad your bum plum went away after! Pregnancy is so glamorous x

Reactions: 1
Did you notice them at all during labour? I have visions of them bursting or something horrific 😂 Thank you for the reassurance, my husband has popped out to grab me some germaloids so let’s hope I get some relief in before baby comes 🤞🏻I’m glad your bum plum went away after! Pregnancy is so glamorous x
I’ve found salts in the bath help too! I didn’t have any issues with them in labour. Xx

• Heart
I want to tell you that your feelings around your surprise pregnancy are normal and very similar to my experience.
I hate telling people I’m pregnant- you don’t have to tell them either btw. I didn’t tell my closest colleague up til last week (I’m 26 weeks today) because I just didn’t want to face reality.
This thread has really helped me feel like I have a safe space in a little online community and has helped me come to terms with everything that is happening. So big welcome and you’re not alone in all the stress and the guilt xx
Ah thank you ☺ and I'm sorry you've dealt with similar feelings as well. Did you tell family early on? I held off telling family until I was about 14 weeks before and certain members definitely got the hump that I'd kept it to myself that long. I'd rather keep it to myself for longer this time tbh, I'm not sure my anxiety can cope with the added pressure and drama of other people. As soon as my kids know, the entire school will know, and the thought of all the unsolicited comments is making me feel like crying! Nevermind how pissed off some family members will be if I keep quiet again. Maybe I need to try harder not to be such a people-pleaser 😬

• Heart
20 weeks now and everyday I seem to have a sore tummy.. but more below boobs/upper tummy. Feels bruised almost. Anyone else experienced this?

20 weeks now and everyday I seem to have a sore tummy.. but more below boobs/upper tummy. Feels bruised almost. Anyone else experienced this?
yes I had this for a while around 20 weeks or so, it went away, it felt quite tender but never bruised. I thought it might have been a hernia perhaps but it never came to anything and went away by itself. Maybe worth mentioning to midwife or GP if it gets really uncomfortable?

Almost 8 weeks pregnant with baby no.2 and I just feel rotten! In the last week, I’ve developed horrendous nausea that lasts pretty much all day and a real aversion to food in general! I’m forcing myself to eat three meals still but it’s not enjoyable. This is from someone who normally loves food so it’s quite upsetting! Also struggling to drink anything except water. The tiredness is off the charts too.

I’m trying to remember what the early weeks felt like last time (it’s about 4.5 years ago) and I remember being tired and a bit nauseous but this just seems next level. Just looking for some reassurance from anyone else who felt like this early on and now feels better? I’m telling myself that it will pass but as I just seem to feel worse each day, it’s getting hard to feel positive. Feel a bit like I’m just existing at the moment and then feel guilty as we have longed for this baby for ages.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Almost 8 weeks pregnant with baby no.2 and I just feel rotten! In the last week, I’ve developed horrendous nausea that lasts pretty much all day and a real aversion to food in general! I’m forcing myself to eat three meals still but it’s not enjoyable. This is from someone who normally loves food so it’s quite upsetting! Also struggling to drink anything except water. The tiredness is off the charts too.

I’m trying to remember what the early weeks felt like last time (it’s about 4.5 years ago) and I remember being tired and a bit nauseous but this just seems next level. Just looking for some reassurance from anyone else who felt like this early on and now feels better? I’m telling myself that it will pass but as I just seem to feel worse each day, it’s getting hard to feel positive. Feel a bit like I’m just existing at the moment and then feel guilty as we have longed for this baby for ages.
I had the worst food aversions with this pregnancy and equally never had it in previous pregnancies!
I would push meals around a plate for ages and just not really eat anything.. my biggest aversion was meat. It went away gradually - I ate an 8oz steak last night at 32 weeks! So promise it does get better xx

Reactions: 3
I had the worst food aversions with this pregnancy and equally never had it in previous pregnancies!
I would push meals around a plate for ages and just not really eat anything.. my biggest aversion was meat. It went away gradually - I ate an 8oz steak last night at 32 weeks! So promise it does get better xx
Oh that’s good to hear that it’s come back for you! I have gone off meat but chicken is a massive aversion for me at the moment- the smell, the look of it and imagining eating it 🤢 my hubby is the biggest meat eater too so that doesn’t help!
Thank you for the reassurance x

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.