• Overdue, eviction papers have been served 🌝

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I’ve had my baby I’m here as a Wise Woman 🦉

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • Not pregnant, just browsing around

Votes: 19 11.0%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks @Neo2021

Continue here……

old thread:

I wanted to ask if anyone who’s had a baby before had had experience of pethidine or remifentanil in labour?
I’m looking at the NHS website but it would be great to get some first hand experiences on it.

I’m trying to prepare for all eventualities in labour, my first pregnancy for some reason I thought I’d just sail through labour (that didn’t go to plan) so this time I just want to get to grips with everything a bit more. The lightning speed they went through pain relief at my NCT course did not allow anything to sink in…. 🙄🙄🙄

has anyone done hypnobirthing? Is it a fad? I’ve only heard good things about it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
I had pethidine in my first labour. It made me sleep but also made me sick despite the anti sickness they gave me. It can mean your baby is abit sleepy (mine was but there were multiple reasons for that). It did mean I got some rest/a break from the constant contractions!

I’ve dipped my toe in hypnobirthing but probably didn’t commit to it fully. It’s basically ways to keep yourself calm - different breathing techniques and guided meditations/relaxations.

I think the Instagram accounts ‘thebumptobabychapter’ and ‘weare_herehear’ are good and both do online courses that don’t cost too much

Reactions: 2
I’ve started a pregnancy in yoga class which is very focused on breathing techniques and managing stress rather than movement (much to my disappointment…). My sister was keen on hypnobirthing and tried it but said ultimately it is just a tool to keep in your box, it’s not a be all and end all.

Personally for me I think it’ll help with acknowledging and accepting the pain of labour, which gives you strength mentally to carry on, but it won’t remove any of the pain. During my marathon training one thing I really struggled with was the mental “toughness” to keep pushing through the harder miles and I can relate the two together.

Re pethidine, the one thing my colleague said was don’t have it as it makes you feel drunk and you don’t remember a lot. That’s all the knowledge I have and I’m sure some more knowledgeable people will come along!

Reactions: 3
Not sure what to vote for as I’ve had my baby but I am most definitely not a wise woman 🤔 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I had pethidine with both my previous births. First one it worked like a dream, made me very quiet and helped me to focus on getting through each contraction! With my second it completely failed and I was begging for a second dose, obviously wouldn’t give it to me 😂 will definitely try it again with this baby if I go natural, as I had no nasty side effects and didn’t make me seem drunk or anything

Reactions: 1
Thanks @Neo2021

Continue here……

old thread:

I wanted to ask if anyone who’s had a baby before had had experience of pethidine or remifentanil in labour?
I’m looking at the NHS website but it would be great to get some first hand experiences on it.

I’m trying to prepare for all eventualities in labour, my first pregnancy for some reason I thought I’d just sail through labour (that didn’t go to plan) so this time I just want to get to grips with everything a bit more. The lightning speed they went through pain relief at my NCT course did not allow anything to sink in…. 🙄🙄🙄

has anyone done hypnobirthing? Is it a fad? I’ve only heard good things about it.
I did hypnobirthing (mainly just the breathing) for my 3rd baby and honestly, it helped me to stay calm and breathe through my contractions. I would 1000 percent recommend it to anyone! It was the only reason i got through it with just gas and air. This is coming from someone who thought it was a fad aswell 😂

Also, labour and birth on all 4s if you can, it helped progress my labour so much! My 3rd was a little back to back just before i went onto labour and @Jellybean093 gave me the advice and I'll be forever grateful 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 4
In the next category, can’t believe I’m halfway though 😭 just told someone on my board and she cried with happiness which made me well up 😭😭😭

• Heart
Reactions: 6
26 weeks tomorrow and baby is being super wiggly ❤ ❤ I find it weirdly tiring when he moves a lot though!

Had a catch up with my boss this morning and she said feel free to go off and have a nap whenever you want which was nice (she has just come back from mat leave so is being v understanding!) The only thing stopping me from having more naps is that I won't sleep properly at night!

• Heart
Thanks @Neo2021

Continue here……

old thread:

I thought exactly the same about hypnobirthing but just used the breathe in for 4 and out for 8 technique and it 100% helped to keep me calmer and manage for longer at home. A lot of it is a load of shite but if you can look past that some of it is really useful.

I've had to call in sick to work. I'm aching all over (EDS exacerbated by pregnancy) and suffering acid reflux which Is making me feel so sick. Can't get a bloody GP appointment but seeing midwife Thursday. I feel so guilty but I don't have the strength or energy to go in and I'm an emotional wreck. Plus side, we find out what we're having on Saturday!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Thanks @Neo2021

Continue here……

old thread:

I had both, I had the remi on a PCA pump (paitent controlled) it had a 5 min lock out so I could dose myself every 5 minutes and honestly I wouldn't of got through labour without it it allowed me to rest!
I'd have it again!

I had pethidine before I started on the remi and it really knocked me out I dont remember much 😅

I thought exactly the same about hypnobirthing but just used the breathe in for 4 and out for 8 technique and it 100% helped to keep me calmer and manage for longer at home. A lot of it is a load of shite but if you can look past that some of it is really useful.
I agree! I had my daughter 10 years ago and got so nervous about labour, I gave it a go and I’m so glad I did. Because of hypnobirthing, I fell asleep whilst my contractions were 2 mins apart at home and when I arrived at the hospital, they decided I wasn’t in labour because I was so calm! Strongly recommend it, that and raspberry leaf tea which is literally a go button for labour!!

Reactions: 2
A client of mine who I met for the first time today asked when I was due etc and when I told her, her exact words were "oh are you sure there's only one in there" 😡 erm yes hun, I'm 31 weeks and plus sized anyway 🙄

• Angry
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Had our 20 week scan tonight. All looking good which is nice, a very wriggly baby who didn't want to cooperate at the end of the scan but we got there in the end! Looks like the measurements are all bang on the average line apart from one which is very slightly a little lower - nothing to worry about I think. Starting to feel a bit more excited and less terrified now. Though I still have moments when I think about the things that will change in a negative way!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Omg. I moaned for the whole 36 weeks I was pregnant and now I’ve just clicked ‘I’ve had my baby’ 😢 I feel like crying even though he’s so perfect but I know I’ll never be pregnant again

i hope everyone is doing ok and good luck to those due soon. I was meant to be having my planned section this Friday, if all feels so surreal that’s he’s now 3 weeks old 💙

A client of mine who I met for the first time today asked when I was due etc and when I told her, her exact words were "oh are you sure there's only one in there" 😡 erm yes hun, I'm 31 weeks and plus sized anyway 🙄
What a twit. Take no notice

Baby Slips arrived. He’s adorable at 10lbs 6 🥴 il say no more 🙉
Congratulations 💙💙💙

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Question- with feeling the baby move, is it normal to feel it slightly to one side? I’m nearly 19 weeks and the last 4-5 days have felt movement every day which is lovely but it’s mostly slightly off centre, just to the right. It moves around a little but that’s where I’m feeling it the most.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.