Pregnancy #42 the only place where vomiting down yourself isn’t frowned upon

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I keep sneezing and wetting myself. I’m so confused as I don’t know why I’ve lost control of my bladder this early! :(
how far are you? I thought it only happened after birth but I was sick last week and wet myself - I’m only 11 weeks!

Reactions: 1
This time round I noticed that the baby has been basically camped out on top of my bladder. They put so much pressure on it, it can weaken your pelvic floor and yup… cross your legs when you sneeze, that’s my advice.

This time round I noticed that the baby has been basically camped out on top of my bladder. They put so much pressure on it, it can weaken your pelvic floor and yup… cross your legs when you sneeze, that’s my advice.
Ugh I fear this is happening to me this time around too - I don't remember having any urinary incontinence with my first son, but this time around I keep feeling like a bit of wee has come out, and he keeps kicking me in the bladder too!

Please if you're worried just turn up at PAU.
Defiantly turn up! You know your baby and if you are worried just go duck what they think x
Thanks everyone luckily my community midwife rang me and I went to see her. Baby is fine thankfully, my community midwife is with a different trust to the hospital I go to (joy of living rurally) she was furious at the maternity assessment unit, going to see if I can change trusts and hospitals as not impressed so far.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Thanks everyone luckily my community midwife rang me and I went to see her. Baby is fine thankfully, my community midwife is with a different trust to the hospital I go to (joy of living rurally) she was furious at the maternity assessment unit, going to see if I can change trusts and hospitals as not impressed so far.
That is really bad that triage said they didn't want to see you - my midwife and maternity day care have both emphasised that if I'm not happy with baby's movements, I should go in. I went in on Thursday after feeling like baby had been quieter than usual and they were really helpful and understanding even though he had moved recently, just not as often as I'd have liked.

Reactions: 3
Woke up this morning in a real "why the f*ck did I agree to work as long as I have done" mood. I've still got two weeks left but I'm ready to go now tbh; ill be 36 weeks tomorrow. Anyway, baby must have picked up on those vibes as I was sat in a meeting earlier and felt some very strong twinges and a bit of cramping which suddenly made me panic. Mood quickly changed from the above to "no baby, not just yet if we can avoid it!!" 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 6
@LavaFlake PG tips do a decaf tea which isnt much different to the regular 😊

Does anyone know much about dentistry.. long story short I’m meant to be having some bonding and teeth whitening soon to complete 18 months of braces… I read on another thread that teeth whitening is a big no no 🙈 I wasn’t really planning on telling my dentist before I’ve even told my family!!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
@LavaFlake PG tips do a decaf tea which isnt much different to the regular 😊

Does anyone know much about dentistry.. long story short I’m meant to be having some bonding and teeth whitening soon to complete 18 months of braces… I read on another thread that teeth whitening is a big no no 🙈 I wasn’t really planning on telling my dentist before I’ve even told my family!!
I’m having the same thing and I’ve put it off until after he’s here!

Glad everything is ok and you got seen and the midwife was helpful, given some of the stuff in the news recently about maternity care you would think the assessment unit would be more on it!

Reactions: 4
Had our 4D scan today, as well as cervical length scan this morning.

The hospital was happy with the cervical length, so good news there, was worried after lletz procedure some years ago that things wouldnt be okay.

4D scan was great and lovely to see his face 🥰 though baby boy was very awkward and really did not want to move his hands from his face, took some wiggles lol. also he was trying to eat his knee and saw him yawn 4 times, don’t blame him it has been a long day 😂

I’m not sure how they decided this at this scan but they said and then put on the report that I have a posterior placenta, which I don’t - unless it’s moved? I doubt it has moved though as babies movement seems to be the same place or hard to feel much.
It was the same sonographer I had for the gender scan at window to the womb and they said anterior back then, and the nhs 20w one said anterior.
So maybe window at the womb really are a bit rubbish when it comes to their reports.. got to see baby and get some cute pics so that’s all that matters 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Got my GTT tomorrow. How quickly do they let you know if there’s an issue? Does anyone know? X

• Heart
Had our 4D scan today, as well as cervical length scan this morning.

The hospital was happy with the cervical length, so good news there, was worried after lletz procedure some years ago that things wouldnt be okay.

4D scan was great and lovely to see his face 🥰 though baby boy was very awkward and really did not want to move his hands from his face, took some wiggles lol. also he was trying to eat his knee and saw him yawn 4 times, don’t blame him it has been a long day 😂

I’m not sure how they decided this at this scan but they said and then put on the report that I have a posterior placenta, which I don’t - unless it’s moved? I doubt it has moved though as babies movement seems to be the same place or hard to feel much.
It was the same sonographer I had for the gender scan at window to the womb and they said anterior back then, and the nhs 20w one said anterior.
So maybe window at the womb really are a bit rubbish when it comes to their reports.. got to see baby and get some cute pics so that’s all that matters 😅
I don't think it's possible for it to swap sides 😂
It can move up as your uterus stretches but not switch sides 😂

Got my GTT tomorrow. How quickly do they let you know if there’s an issue? Does anyone know? X
I’ve got mine in a couple of weeks and - I might be totally wrong - but my midwife implied that it was pretty quick, she said “bring something to eat with you for after, I mean, assuming you’re not diabetic it could be anything” which to me implies that they’ll tell me before I leave. I bow down to superior knowledge though!

Barely slept last night but feel somewhat human today oddly. Had the dinner of kings - white pasta, mozzarella chunks and cheesy mash potato!

Reactions: 6
With mine they said I'd hear back within 4 days this time around but said its usually quicker than that.
With my second they said it'd be a week but again said it's usually more like within 48 hours.

If there isn't an issue, my midwife just let me know at my next appointment what my reading was 😊

I’ve got mine in a couple of weeks and - I might be totally wrong - but my midwife implied that it was pretty quick, she said “bring something to eat with you for after, I mean, assuming you’re not diabetic it could be anything” which to me implies that they’ll tell me before I leave. I bow down to superior knowledge though!

Barely slept last night but feel somewhat human today oddly. Had the dinner of kings - white pasta, mozzarella chunks and cheesy mash potato!
They'll contact you after, not before you leave. As they literally take your second lot of bloods and you leave. Then they send them off to the lab, I presume 😊

The last couple days I've had like butterflies and then today got in the bath and felt what sort of felt like taps as others have described. Almost like a bruise pain but in short bursts in one small spot... Is this baby!? (I'm 17+3)

• Heart
Reactions: 4
The last couple days I've had like butterflies and then today got in the bath and felt what sort of felt like taps as others have described. Almost like a bruise pain but in short bursts in one small spot... Is this baby!? (I'm 17+3)
Sounds like baby to me 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.