Pregnancy #42 the only place where vomiting down yourself isn’t frowned upon

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Had my midwife appointment yesterday, everything all good.

bht this morning I’ve started bleeding. Not spotting like before, actual heavy bleeding. But because I was seen in the early pregnancy unit a week ago they won’t see me again unless I’ve been bleeding heavily for 5+ days. What would you guys do? I feel so lost and scared and my partner is at work.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

bht this morning I’ve started bleeding. Not spotting like before, actual heavy bleeding. But because I was seen in the early pregnancy unit a week ago they won’t see me again unless I’ve been bleeding heavily for 5+ days. What would you guys do? I feel so lost and scared and my partner is at work.
When I rang the maternity team about spotting, they said that if the bleeding got heavier to go straight to A&E - is that an option for you? If not or if you're unsure, ring your midwife or the 24 hour Triage team and ask for their advice. I hope everything turns out ok ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Does anyone know how long it usually takes to organise a debrief of a previous birth? I keep forgetting to request one, and I'm currently 24 weeks pregnant, would obviously like to do it before my next experience of labour! Presumably I should have enough time?

I would either go a&e or try to get a private scan somewhere. Hope everything is ok 🤞🏻 I know you automatically think the worst but you can have heavy bleeding and baby be ok (I did in my first pregnancy - was a bleed outside the sac).

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Does anyone know how long it usually takes to organise a debrief of a previous birth? I keep forgetting to request one, and I'm currently 24 weeks pregnant, would obviously like to do it before my next experience of labour! Presumably I should have enough time?
I don’t know, but I’ve just made a subject access request for my notes from my birth - not sure if that comes with a debrief (from what’s been mentioned here i think it does) with a SAR they have to comply with the request within one month of receiving it, but then setting up a debrief…. I’m not sure xx

Reactions: 1
I literally can’t control my anger today. I feel a burning rage inside 😂😂😂 anyone else had this in second trimester? I literally feel like being evil to everyone I encounter unless it’s a mum with a baby

Reactions: 4
I literally can’t control my anger today. I feel a burning rage inside 😂😂😂 anyone else had this in second trimester? I literally feel like being evil to everyone I encounter unless it’s a mum with a baby
Yes. I just got off the phone to a male manager who was so rude about me being off sick due to pregnancy related illness and made me feel like a liar. I came off absolutely fuming, shaking, screamed into a pillow and phoned HR to put in a complaint. I'm now calmed down and im like hm maybe that was a bit of an overreaction... 😬. Too late now. I also got irrationally angry at my partner yesterday for breathing loud. I'm glad someone else gets it and im not just turning into a psycho 😅😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Just had a call from the hospital I've got gestational diabetes 😭😭 absolutely gutted
Completely understand how you must be feeling. I felt a mix of guilt that it was something I'd caused even though I hadn't eaten anything to excess but also deprivation that food, the only thing that gave me some enjoyment without pain, was now out of my control.
I assume you'll have to wait for an appt for more information on treatment. I'm just diet-treated at the moment and although I've had a couple of wobbles, I've found alternatives for most things. My biggest issue at the moment is that the baby is estimated to be a big one so I'm looking at being induced a couple of weeks early. The finger pricks are a pain in the arse but I normally turn it into a guessing game with whoever I'm with at the time! Take care, I'm no expert by any means but happy to help if I can and I got some great advice a couple of threads back x

• Heart
I've had my last growth scan today, and they're happy for her to stay where she is until 39 weeks! 🎉🎉🎉

So I'm all booked for my section, got my Omeprazole and my instructions, and I can make arrangements for the bigger kid and the dog.

Just got to hope she doesn't try and make an early exit before then 🤞

• Heart
Reactions: 12

Go to A&E. Legally, they cannot refuse to see you. They have a duty of care.

Reactions: 2
I’ve got a pain in my ribs which has been there for 3 weeks. I told my midwife at my appointment and she brushed it off.
It’s effecting my sleep, my day to day life, and I can’t move without feeling like my ribs about to pop out.

Is there anything I can do? I’ve tried paracetamol, codeine, magnesium gel, and a hot water bottle. The only thing that mildly helps is the hot water bottle but I’m convinced that’s because I get distracted by the heat.

any ideas would be great x

Ring the general urgent maternity line for later pregnancy, my hospital was useless with early pregnancy, the phone line for anything urgent was open for about 3 mins a week on a Wednesday or something ridiculous. I rang the after 16 week urgent number twice, once at 12 weeks then again at 13 and they were really lovely, especially because I was in a tis. I didn’t have bleeding but chest pains (had covid) and they told me to go straight to a and e, don’t be afraid to ring them up and say you don’t know where else to go, you’ve got heavy bleeding and want advice as you’re worried.

Don’t go on your own and be prepared to cry. I was so unprepared and thought it was just a general chat. Told my fella to go to work. When in reality it was so emotional I felt like I’d had a therapy session but in a good way. Good luck I hope you get the answers and reassurance you deserve ❤

I’m not sure but where I live (Liverpool) if you have a traumatic birth they automatically give you a debrief appointment. Well with my first I had a consultation when I was pregnant with this baby. But I had an even worse birth this time and my midwife has said I’ll receive an appitnment soon for a debrief at the hospital. I’m thinking of asking for counselling too, they did say it was an option for me if I want it x
It was an absolute waste of time. I was meant to be seeing the midwife after to get my BP taken so she booked me in and said that the debrief usually takes about an hour but if I run over then not to worry etc. I was in and out in 15 mins!!!

I felt like she glossed over everything and just picked out highlights. I tried to stop her to ask a question or go back a bit but I felt totally rushed and like it was completely pointless.

I feel totally deflated and I'm going to have to complete the request thing so I can go through them at my own pace.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
It was an absolute waste of time. I was meant to be seeing the midwife after to get my BP taken so she booked me in and said that the debrief usually takes about an hour but if I run over then not to worry etc. I was in and out in 15 mins!!!

I felt like she glossed over everything and just picked out highlights. I tried to stop her to ask a question or go back a bit but I felt totally rushed and like it was completely pointless.

I feel totally deflated and I'm going to have to complete the request thing so I can go through them at my own pace.
This is pretty sh*tty of them. Did they not release your notes for you?!

I’ve made my request asking for all notes from day of admission to the day of discharge. I only really care about a 36 hour window but hey ho

This is pretty sh*tty of them. Did they not release your notes for you?!

I’ve made my request asking for all notes from day of admission to the day of discharge. I only really care about a 36 hour window but hey ho
No, she just had them with her and went through bits. Then she took them away with her.

I'm going to look into getting them but the next baby might have arrived by the time they come 🙈

• Heart
Thank you all for the support and advice!

the bleeding seems to have slowed down - it’s now brown and I’d say I’ve only filled about 1/5th of a regular pad.
We managed to get a private scan who could locate the baby and showed us the heart beating. We’ve also got a hospital appointment on Saturday morning as that’s the earliest they would see me. I’m so disappointed with the level of care we’ve had today.

Trying to remain positive but still very scared.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.