Pregnancy #42 the only place where vomiting down yourself isn’t frowned upon

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes. I just got off the phone to a male manager who was so rude about me being off sick due to pregnancy related illness and made me feel like a liar. I came off absolutely fuming, shaking, screamed into a pillow and phoned HR to put in a complaint. I'm now calmed down and im like hm maybe that was a bit of an overreaction... 😬. Too late now. I also got irrationally angry at my partner yesterday for breathing loud. I'm glad someone else gets it and im not just turning into a psycho 😅😂
Wow I could’ve written this myself 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 amazing. The HR complaint is something I’ve been cooking up in my head every time I’m annoyed at work too🤣🤣🤣🤣

Thank you all for the support and advice!

the bleeding seems to have slowed down - it’s now brown and I’d say I’ve only filled about 1/5th of a regular pad.
We managed to get a private scan who could locate the baby and showed us the heart beating. We’ve also got a hospital appointment on Saturday morning as that’s the earliest they would see me. I’m so disappointed with the level of care we’ve had today.

Trying to remain positive but still very scared.
I find the early pregnancy unit very dismissive and unhelpful in my area too, I was told at 6 weeks when I was bleeding it was probably just a chemical pregnancy and basically to go away (turned out it was a vanishing twin and I only found that out because of my private scan two weeks later so was panicking non stop) . It’s really a really horrible feeling and I sympathise with you so much.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Wow I could’ve written this myself 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 amazing. The HR complaint is something I’ve been cooking up in my head every time I’m annoyed at work too🤣🤣🤣🤣

I find the early pregnancy unit very dismissive and unhelpful in my area too, I was told at 6 weeks when I was bleeding it was probably just a chemical pregnancy and basically to go away (turned out it was a vanishing twin and I only found that out because of my private scan two weeks later so was panicking non stop) . It’s really a really horrible feeling and I sympathise with you so much.
I feel like they don’t give a duck until you’re over 24 weeks and it’s viable!! It’s disgusting 🙄

Reactions: 3
I feel like they don’t give a duck until you’re over 24 weeks and it’s viable!! It’s disgusting 🙄
I feel like they were like this with my first two losses, and it was only after the third that things started to be taken seriously….and I get they have to have protocols and draw the line somewhere. But it’s harrowing!!! I had one lovely Early Pregnancy Unit midwife so I just used to phone up and ask for her by name, she’s seen me through all 4 pregnancies including this one that’s sticking around, 25 weeks. 🙏🏼 And I said to her once, you’re one of the only nice ones at EPU….and she said, I just think that as soon as you see that positive test, you feel like a mum, whether you’re 4, 14 or 24 weeks. 💗💗💗💗

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I feel like they were like this with my first two losses, and it was only after the third that things started to be taken seriously….and I get they have to have protocols and draw the line somewhere. But it’s harrowing!!! I had one lovely Early Pregnancy Unit midwife so I just used to phone up and ask for her by name, she’s seen me through all 4 pregnancies including this one that’s sticking around, 25 weeks. 🙏🏼 And I said to her once, you’re one of the only nice ones at EPU….and she said, I just think that as soon as you see that positive test, you feel like a mum, whether you’re 4, 14 or 24 weeks. 💗💗💗💗
I’m so sorry you had to go through that 😭 exactly that! A baby is a baby it doesn’t matter how many weeks they are it is your child! 💗

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Good evening ladies. I like to read this thread, I'm a lurking Nanna aged person now, not a KW and I love to read how you're all getting on.

Anyway, does requesting your birth notes under request have a time limit? My son was 8 weeks prem over 30 years ago, I was treated dismally in hospital and kicked out on Christmas Eve at 5pm 3 days after he was born, I had to leave him in NICU. The whole thing was awful. I've never had any more children.

In those days we got one scan at 16 weeks and if all was normal, you didn't get another one. Midwife appts once a month. Mine missed me being in early labour for 4 days, then it was a mad dash in an ambulance once contractions kicked in properly every 3 minutes at 31 +6. Anyway, if I could still request mine, I'd like to. Thanks ladies, I wish you all the best of luck with your babies 😘xx

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Good evening ladies. I like to read this thread, I'm a lurking Nanna aged person now, not a KW and I love to read how you're all getting on.

Anyway, does requesting your birth notes under request have a time limit? My son was 8 weeks prem over 30 years ago, I was treated dismally in hospital and kicked out on Christmas Eve at 5pm 3 days after he was born, I had to leave him in NICU. The whole thing was awful. I've never had any more children.

In those days we got one scan at 16 weeks and if all was normal, you didn't get another one. Midwife appts once a month. Mine missed me being in early labour for 4 days, then it was a mad dash in an ambulance once contractions kicked in properly every 3 minutes at 31 +6. Anyway, if I could still request mine, I'd like to. Thanks ladies, I wish you all the best of luck with your babies 😘xx
I think, birth notes are kept for 20-25 years after the birth.
I'm not entirely sure though, your best bet could be to try and make a SAR with the hospital you delivered at, birthrights.co.uk could also be .org may be able to help you further.
Sorry you had such an awful experience 😔 Maternity services really fail women so terribly xx

• Heart
I think, birth notes are kept for 20-25 years after the birth.
I'm not entirely sure though, your best bet could be to try and make a SAR with the hospital you delivered at, birthright.co.uk could also be .org may be able to help you further.
Sorry you had such an awful experience 😔 Maternity services really fail women so terribly xx
That's fab, thank you so much. I did complain afterwards but as normal it was brushed off. I'm so lucky my son was a good weight at 4lb and only stayed in 9 days. Thank you ❤ x

• Heart
Had a meltdown at today's midwife appointment. She was lovely and let me rant lol. I was made aware due to EDS I'll need to get three growth scans. Do these just check the baby is growing as it should? Got my date for the diabetes test... Dreading that tbh.

I had my routine midwife appt yesterday and was told I needed a growth scan which threw me into a bit of a panic as I didn't really know why I needed it (the midwife probably did tell me but you know how it is when you get an influx of information🤯 )
Anyway, I had the growth scan today and it was just a usual scan really. She did all the measurements and everything was thankfully fine. I was also given the baby's weight which I haven't been told yet, so that was nice. I was in and out in about 10mins and I'm 34 weeks x

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Hi ladies!! Baby boy arrived this morning after a very quick labor! I’m absolutely besotted and just want to thank you all for the help! He’s struggling to feed so we’re being kept in tonight hoping to be home tomorrow. This feeling is like no other 💙

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Hi ladies!! Baby boy arrived this morning after a very quick labor! I’m absolutely besotted and just want to thank you all for the help! He’s struggling to feed so we’re being kept in tonight hoping to be home tomorrow. This feeling is like no other 💙
Congratulations lovely ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Absolutely fantastic news! 💙💙💙

• Heart
Awwww congratulations!!💙 enjoy every minute and hopefully you’ll be at home tomorrow to really enjoy each other and settle🥰 hope you’re doing well too, you didn’t need the induction after all!!

• Heart
Hi guys, not sure if anyone will be up but it’s worth a shot.

I’m now six days overdue with my first. I was woken yesterday morning by really intense period style pain. It was intermittent for most of the morning before stopping for a good while. Had a bit of a “show” this morning but then not much. All went quiet until about 6pm. I’ve been having these regular really intense period style pains since then. I called the hospital and because I couldn’t say that my waters had broken (because I genuinely don’t know! I’ve not had the gush or a noticed a trickle) they told me to wear a pad for a few hours and if it’s wet to give them a bell and I’ll get asked to come in.
It isn’t wet but I’ve still been getting these really painful contractions that last about 20 seconds and I’ve noticed that I’m passing a little blood. Nothing major but enough to make me question whether it’s normal or not.
I’m literally doubled over in pain when these contractions happen (about every 15-20mins) but since they aren’t as frequent as active labour contractions are supposed to be and because my waters seemingly haven’t broken, I don’t want to call them and bother them again.
Just wondering whether anyone has any info from their own experiences. I can’t imagine being able to take much longer of the intense pain. Paracetamol isn’t even touching the sides. 😩

Thanks in advance. Xx

• Heart
congratulations 💙 hope you’re both doing well xxx

• Heart

I’m now six days overdue with my first. I was woken yesterday morning by really intense period style pain. It was intermittent for most of the morning before stopping for a good while. Had a bit of a “show” this morning but then not much. All went quiet until about 6pm. I’ve been having these regular really intense period style pains since then. I called the hospital and because I couldn’t say that my waters had broken (because I genuinely don’t know! I’ve not had the gush or a noticed a trickle) they told me to wear a pad for a few hours and if it’s wet to give them a bell and I’ll get asked to come in.
It isn’t wet but I’ve still been getting these really painful contractions that last about 20 seconds and I’ve noticed that I’m passing a little blood. Nothing major but enough to make me question whether it’s normal or not.
I’m literally doubled over in pain when these contractions happen (about every 15-20mins) but since they aren’t as frequent as active labour contractions are supposed to be and because my waters seemingly haven’t broken, I don’t want to call them and bother them again.
Just wondering whether anyone has any info from their own experiences. I can’t imagine being able to take much longer of the intense pain. Paracetamol isn’t even touching the sides. 😩

Thanks in advance. Xx
I’d definitely call again and mention that you’ve been bleeding, they may want to see you. Good luck! x

• Heart

Thanks in advance. Xx
I don’t have any experience with this but please give them a ring and let them know, that is what they’re there for! You aren’t bothering them xx
P.S. a hot water bottle helped with some of my pain from contractions

• Heart
I have my 12 week scan today. I've been awake since 3am. The scanxiety is real!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Awake since 2am because my minds in overdrive (general anxiety, the foundations for our self build are being poured today and I've to get a flight tonight) and I'm just wondering how many breakfasts is too many?! Just asking for a friend.....🙈

On the plus side of being awake most of the night, I was kept company all night by wee bubs kicking away and it's a lovely feeling

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.