Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

themuffinwoman

VIP Member
Ok I maintain I don’t have gender disappointment but me disappointment :( I’ve been awake since 4am crying on and off that I’ll just disappoint my daughter. I don’t want her to have the same body issues I have, and I’m scared she’ll be into stuff I just won’t know how to relate to. I know that’s all ridiculous but I just have no confidence in myself.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

Gossipgirl79

I feel like they don’t give a fuck until you’re over 24 weeks and it’s viable!! It’s disgusting 🙄
I feel like they were like this with my first two losses, and it was only after the third that things started to be taken seriously….and I get they have to have protocols and draw the line somewhere. But it’s harrowing!!! I had one lovely Early Pregnancy Unit midwife so I just used to phone up and ask for her by name, she’s seen me through all 4 pregnancies including this one that’s sticking around, 25 weeks. 🙏🏼 And I said to her once, you’re one of the only nice ones at EPU….and she said, I just think that as soon as you see that positive test, you feel like a mum, whether you’re 4, 14 or 24 weeks. 💗💗💗💗

• Heart
Reactions: 11

themuffinwoman

VIP Member
Does anyone know why the stigma around not breastfeeding is so opinionated and emotional for people? I personally am unsure if I want to breast feed as the thought of it is making me really anxious but I’ve had such negative reactions when I’ve mentioned it. It’s such a personal thing, of course I want what’s best for my baby, but I also want to be 100% in myself. My friend bottle fed her little one and she won’t breast feed her one on the way as she doesn’t feel like she wants to. I don’t see anything wrong with that and I’d personally never judge a woman’s choice.
Genuinely no idea, I find pregnancy brings out the worst in people shoving their judgement and opinion down your throat so maybe it’s also to do with that? My friend wanted to breast feed but was hardly making any milk so they ended up bottle feeding and she said the mantra should be “fed is best” because her baby lost a lot of weight and her body was under major stress. I also wouldn’t judge, pregnancy is such a deeply personal thing and as long as babies are happy and healthy I don’t get why anyone cares if it’s bottle or breast.

polarby

Got the call back late afternoon and I am confirmed pregnant and not sure how to feel at all. I’ve always said if I got pregnant young I’d have a termination, but now I’m in the situation I’m not sure I can. Me and the dad are both working rather than in education and are both fairly mature etc, and I’m starting to wonder if it is possible to actually continue the pregnancy?! I am crazy for saying that?? I don’t know what to think

• Heart

catgal

Well due date tomorrow… the day that felt like a lifetime away when I found out🥺 went for a walk earlier and my back oh my god agony!! Induction booked for next Thursday if nothing happens before… I’ve all of a sudden become terrified of the pain etc. Thinking of asking my midwife if she can do a sweep before the planned one on Monday. I just want baby girl to come!!! Whoever said this was the hardest part was so right😩

I just want baby girl to come!!! Whoever said this was the hardest part was so right😩
Quoting myself to add just to top it off I’ve just fallen out with my boyfriend and come to bed in a sulk feeling like I could cry. I am so fed up and so over being pregnant it’s unreal😂 nobody knows what this feels like or how you feel. Except people that have been pregnant!🫠

Last edited:
  • Heart

tarquin16

Chatty Member
I'm only four days into my gestational diabetes diagnosis and I'm already so over it. Decided to make a spinach and mushroom omelette for lunch and managed to burn but also scramble it, all while my husband sat tucking into white bread, crisps, a kit kat. Only 29 weeks so going to be a loooooong wait

• Heart
  • Sad

nefariousnellie

Chatty Member
Mum's health is important as baby's health and I think a lot of people don't consider that when it comes to the breastfeeding debate (and more generally too)

I intend to breastfeed but I'm certainly not going to work myself up if it doesn't happen, sometimes it just doesn't.

I've felt like I've had loads of energy today it's so weird, got loads of stuff done around the house which is good. I'm sure I'll be exhausted again by the time it's time for work tomorrow 😂

Heyguysswipeup

VIP Member
Thanks for the reassurance everyone. This thread is a godsend. I’ve stopped looking at other pregnancy forums like baby centre cos it made me more stressed than reassured.. this thread is fab and everyone has a very good way of being matter of fact with things and is so supportive 🥰🥰💕💕

• Heart

Rdogk24

I’ve booked an early gender scan for Saturday 😁😁 hope little one cooperates and we can finally see if we’re having a baby boy or girl. I don’t mind either way but I’m struggling to picture my future with baby without knowing what they’re going to be. Does that make sense to anyone?

• Heart

Ro98

VIP Member
Is anyone else feeling majorly antisocial in pregnancy?
I have always loved to be by myself / in silence more than going out or around lots of people but tonight we went to a party and I am so so angry after having to be social for 5 hours 😂😂 Feel like an absolute psycho but honestly can’t control it

WordsFromReuben

VIP Member
hello all, currently 4 weeks with my first and have moved across from the TTC thread after finally getting my BFP this week. Still very early and overthinking every twinge. Is a slight cramping feeling normal?

Also can anyone recommend any reputable pregnancy vitamins? I’ve heard not great things about pregnacare but there doesn’t seem to be any other options in the UK shops.
I’m currently just taking vitamins separately and have since starting TTC

• Heart

imtakingabath

VIP Member
Hi everyone tested this morning and came back positive. I was really upset and my mum found me and I ended up telling her out of panic. Had a big chat with her about everything and going to the doctors this afternoon to confirm. Thx for all your help everyone❤
Hope you’re doing okay, don’t forget you always have options. I know you were worried about coming into the pregnancy thread but to be honest, experiencing pregnancy has only made me more pro choice 😂 it’s hard enough going through it all when it’s something you’ve chosen, never mind when it’s not.

• Heart
Reactions: 10

Rdogk24

Does anyone know why the stigma around not breastfeeding is so opinionated and emotional for people? I personally am unsure if I want to breast feed as the thought of it is making me really anxious but I’ve had such negative reactions when I’ve mentioned it. It’s such a personal thing, of course I want what’s best for my baby, but I also want to be 100% in myself. My friend bottle fed her little one and she won’t breast feed her one on the way as she doesn’t feel like she wants to. I don’t see anything wrong with that and I’d personally never judge a woman’s choice.

• Heart

FoksiOska

VIP Member
I ended up going with a too full bladder and had to go for a wee to empty some of it. The sonographer was like "stop about two thirds of the way through" 😳
Easier said than done 😂

Me:

• Haha

DiscoBiscuit

VIP Member
Sounds very similar, I won't hold out much hope of it disappearing anytime soon so. The rest of my bump doesn't feel as tender/bruised.

Ouch, kidney area is a painful one 😬 fingers crossed you're on the home stretch now with it. There's a reason why men aren't the ones to carry babies, feckers wouldn't handle it 🙄😂
I've got my section booked for Monday, so the end is very much in sight 🥳 my kidney is definitely looking forward to it 😂

• Heart

Spencerskates

VIP Member
We had our 12 week scan today, so amazing to see baby moving around, legs kicking etc.

I know there’s a few of you guys that are at the same stage - thinking of you for your scans too!💛

• Heart

catgal

Just a warning to others that are feeling tired and needing to nap, I’ve never seen the second trimester glow and I still sleep in and nap everyday at 40+3. I’ve just been constantly tired throughout😂

Reactions: 9

Tifastrife

VIP Member
If one more person asks about my symptoms then replies "it's only going to get worse" I swear to god 🤬

Chrisxo

VIP Member
Is it normal to be really emotional at 40+? I keep bursting into tears and feeling panicked that I can’t do this alone I’m so scared 😩

• Heart