Pregnancy #42 the only place where vomiting down yourself isn’t frowned upon

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did anyone bleed in early pregnancy ans everything be ok? I’ve lost two pregnancies this year ans started bleeding v light pink last night. Heads a mess x

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I get 90% of my wages for 6 weeks I think so if I don’t take holiday

I’m getting 90% for the first six weeks or something? After that statutory. I haven’t told them either 🤣 but I live in a tiny village and have to commute to the nearest city to get to work it would make no sense for me to leave my baby for 11 hours a day for tit money
Yeah that's stat pay, girl quit, its not worth the drama, stay home enjoy your baby whilst you can 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I get 90% of my wages for 6 weeks I think so if I don’t take holiday

I’m getting 90% for the first six weeks or something? After that statutory. I haven’t told them either 🤣 but I live in a tiny village and have to commute to the nearest city to get to work it would make no sense for me to leave my baby for 11 hours a day for tit money
Yeah that’s the same as me statutory, definitely not worth it & similar to mine! Definitely more worthwhile to spend that with your baby 🥰
I’d be driving over an hour each way and working for 11 and a half hours a day so it’s a big fat no from me 😂😂

• Heart
Did anyone bleed in early pregnancy ans everything be ok? I’ve lost two pregnancies this year ans started bleeding v light pink last night. Heads a mess x
I had some light pink spotting at around 7 weeks and I'm going to be 16 weeks tomorrow - if you're concerned you can call the maternity team for advice, that's what I did, and they reassured me that pale pink is fine but if it gets more red/lasts longer to call back or go to A&E. Hopefully it's just standard spotting that lots of us have experienced 🙂

I had brown spotting at 6 weeks which lasted about 24 hours.. I’m now 9+6 and everything’s ok (I’ve had 2 mcs as well so understand how terrifying it is) I would get it
checked out if you can and need the reassurance xxxx
Just remember that spotting is listed as a pregnancy symptom (I know easier said than done!) and if it stays as light as it is now I’m sure it’s just baby making themselves comfy xx

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Reminder for those still to get their flu jab- don’t do what I did and get it done in your left arm (the side you sleep!!!) my arm is so sore / dead and I’m dreading how I’m going to sleep tonight 😂😂🤦🏼‍♀️
Got my covid booster today in my non-dominant arm (left) and had to get Mr Muffin to pull my coat over my left arm it hurt so much 🙄 no idea how I’m gonna sleep, might have to have my arm flung out and my head high on the pillow!??

My friend is a teacher and never got the holidays back. They can't accrue annual leave like others. She is doing shared parental leave though and coming back to 'work' for some of the holidays so she gets some pay before her maternity leave actually ends.

My colleague did. Wonder if it varies by council. We're in Scotland as well might be different

I’ve been off work for four weeks as the sickness and nausea is unbearable, but tried to go back today. Couldn’t cope and ended up coming home at lunch after being sick 3 times. My boss was a bit of a dick about it and basically said that everyone who’s pregnant has the same symptoms because the hormones are the same, but some people just deal with it better and obviously I’m not.
She also seemed to doubt how ill I am as she basically said it can’t be that bad because I’d be in hospital if it was.
I’ve had a rubbish few days with the anxiety after bleeding and with it taking us so long to get pregnant in the first place I am really worried all the time which also doesn’t help. I feel like she doesn’t understand because she fell pregnant easily and didn’t really suffer with her pregnancies.

just wanted a rant really!
So sorry your boss is being a dick. I'm going back tomorrow after a week off cause mine made me feel so bad last week, I don't feel ready. It's horrible how some people just don't get it.

I had some spotting at around 8weeks which was the worst thing to experience after having lost a pregnancy last year. However this pregnancy has continued ok. As mentioned above, quite a few of us on here have had spotting and bleeding but have been okay. I'm hoping you will also be okay ❤

Got my covid booster today in my non-dominant arm (left) and had to get Mr Muffin to pull my coat over my left arm it hurt so much 🙄 no idea how I’m gonna sleep, might have to have my arm flung out and my head high on the pillow!??
I slept on my right side for almost a week post COVID jab it was awful! tried finding a position on my left but it was hopeless. Hope you feel better soon

I've had flu and whooping cough jabs, but not covid booster and I probably won't get it.

Reactions: 7
I slept on my right side for almost a week post COVID jab it was awful! tried finding a position on my left but it was hopeless. Hope you feel better soon
Thanks, it’s nice to hear someone else was on the same position. urgh my normal sleeping position is in the right but the last couple of months I’ve been sleeping on left as much as possible to get used to it.

Edited for spelling

I had some lights pink spotting at 7 weeks and a full bleed this week (10 weeks). Baby is okay and the bleed was from a cervical etropian. Get in touch with your doctor and ask for a referral to the early pregnancy unit - they should beable to scan you and offer the reassurance that you need.

• Heart
Can I just have one night where I sleep right through or at least can turn over and get back to sleep?! I'm sick of ending up downstairs on the sofa now 😭 I might as well start off down here and save myself the aggro of carrying my pillow and duvet back and forth.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Can I just have one night where I sleep right through or at least can turn over and get back to sleep?! I'm sick of ending up downstairs on the sofa now 😭 I might as well start off down here and save myself the aggro of carrying my pillow and duvet back and forth.
I feel the same I'm totally exhausted and in agony! It's not good!

• Heart
Has anyone decided not to get the flu jab, whooping cough or a covid booster in pregnancy?
I’ll have anything and everything they want me to tbh. Modern medicine has come so far that the risks associated with vaccines are absolutely minimal. Sorry to say and not to put the fear of god into anyone but your child is far more likely to be disabled by the process of childbirth than any vaccine offered in this country.

My mum had whooping cough as a child and nearly died from it, now she always gets a really bad chest every time she has a cold/flu and when she does she “whoops” rather than coughs. It’s not pleasant.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I wish I could offer advice here but I can’t. I can just totally relate. I had an emergency C-section post induction with a sweep before that too. It was a very long ordeal where we ended up in a C-section anyway. I made no progress until they broke my waters for me after 18 hours. Always a chance that you’ll be able to deliver naturally at that stage. I certainly thought I would have but through sheer size of baby it was not to be and never an option imo. Baby must come out. And at 41+1 you’d have maybe 2 more days to play with? It’s 10 days over where I’m from. I know of people who do wait, and everything works out for them. For me, if I was to do it again - I would. In saying that, I know more people who have had really really successful inductions. So long story short - I don’t know what to tell you to do. There are benefits to both x best of luck x
Thanks for replying😊 I think it’s 2 weeks here but I’ve always had in my head I didn’t want to go to 42w. Another unsuccessful try at a sweep yesterday😂 booked for induction on Sunday but I’m now querying a C-section so I know I don’t potentially have another few days labouring and she’ll just be here and like you say I could end up with one anyway! Eugh I wish the stubborn wee miss would just come by herself😂

• Heart
Has anyone decided not to get the flu jab, whooping cough or a covid booster in pregnancy?
I didn't have the flu one - I tried but work wouldn't give me it without the covid booster and tbh I just kept forgetting to get it via the GP. I was waiting till the 3rd trimester to get the covid booster because I was so anxious about having it, people can tell you it's safe but it just made me feel uneasy and the covid jabs make me feel so unwell. Anyway I ended up getting covid at the start of my 3rd trimester so didn't need the jab and couldn't have it for ages, had it after she was born and felt like death for 2 days.
I got the whooping cough one.

All this talks about jabs, my GP keeps sending me texts telling me to have my flu and whooping cough, but I thought it had to be after 16 weeks. Is this correct or have I made it up? I'm 13 weeks today x

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.