Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Spencerskates

VIP Member
I’ve been off work for four weeks as the sickness and nausea is unbearable, but tried to go back today. Couldn’t cope and ended up coming home at lunch after being sick 3 times. My boss was a bit of a dick about it and basically said that everyone who’s pregnant has the same symptoms because the hormones are the same, but some people just deal with it better and obviously I’m not.
She also seemed to doubt how ill I am as she basically said it can’t be that bad because I’d be in hospital if it was.
I’ve had a rubbish few days with the anxiety after bleeding and with it taking us so long to get pregnant in the first place I am really worried all the time which also doesn’t help. I feel like she doesn’t understand because she fell pregnant easily and didn’t really suffer with her pregnancies.

just wanted a rant really!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 20

FoksiOska

VIP Member
Had a bit of a 🤯 moment earlier reading through this thread which I joined at barely 5 weeks pregnant and now here I am on week 35! It feels like only a few weeks ago that I first joined and it was quite tentative as I'd only found out a few days beforehand. I'd suffered a loss last year hence tentatively joining, just in case. And now.... 35 weeks wtf! 🤯

• Heart
Reactions: 20

jesseholdon

Hey everyone.. I had my beautiful baby 20 weeks ago, and tonight I’ve just found out I’m 4 weeks pregnant. I can’t believe it, I feel totally shocked and overwhelmed tbh I don’t even know how to feel or what to do. Both completely unplanned (am with partner 7 years, engaged in a house with a dog etc). Myself and partner initial reaction was oh no how do we provide for two (in time, attention, money). I had a horrific pregnancy on my first and was in hospital for majority with HG.
I don’t even know why I’m writing this I just don’t know where to turn tonight!

• Heart
Reactions: 19

tattle420

VIP Member
my husband met his dad yesterday for lunch, and FIL asked him if he could be the first one to see the baby after me (even before my husband). he was not joking at all and it sent my husband into the biggest rage bc what the fuck is wrong with all our family members!!! husband cussed him out and told him he's literally last on the family list and if anyone were to see his son first it would be him and not anyone else. FIL was so offended and couldn't believe my husband said no. he then proceeded to tell my husband "i hope you know that the baby isn't just your son, he's everyone's grandchild and nephew" and my husband went "i dont give a shit what he is to you, he's my son and that's my only priority"

also got a message from my SIL asking me if i can avoid labour during her exam period, as if it's in my control in any way and as if i give a shit about her schedule.

absolutely can't stand my in laws sometimes, their audacity knows no bounds

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 18

Nayalove96

VIP Member
Well last night I had to go in to be monitored because he hadn’t moved in hours despite the usual drink something fizzy, something cold, lay on your side ect! At this point I told myself the worse because he has never gone that long without moving and low and behold as soon as they put me on the monitor he was doing flips and moving so much she had to hold the monitor on him because he kept kicking it off and moving away 😂 bet they thought I was a right liar thanks bub 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18

WeHadFunRight

VIP Member
Ok guys vain question but here it comes. My boobs have gone massive for my frame and firmer than they’ve ever been. I don’t have the perkiest boobs but always big for my frame, a bit on the saggy side but manageable🤣 are they going to go like spaniels ears after I give birth? I will be devastated
ummm… I have breastfed for 4 years and yes sorry to say but eventually the bastards deflate and always remind me of Ursula’s poor unfortunate souls…
C1A74A79-6B28-4ED4-BA06-F31CBC94762D.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 17

Spencerskates

VIP Member
Thank you all for the support and advice!

the bleeding seems to have slowed down - it’s now brown and I’d say I’ve only filled about 1/5th of a regular pad.
We managed to get a private scan who could locate the baby and showed us the heart beating. We’ve also got a hospital appointment on Saturday morning as that’s the earliest they would see me. I’m so disappointed with the level of care we’ve had today.

Trying to remain positive but still very scared.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

GlennCoco

VIP Member
Baby's movements have been really subdued all day (this one is a kicker!) And this thread came to mind when I was trying to decide what to do and I knew the first thing you would all say is to get checked out.

So I did and everything was fine thank god!

I know I didn't even ask on here but thank you to everyone who has posted on here previously about getting checked out because your advice helped me greatly tonight 💜

• Heart
Reactions: 16

FatherJackHackett

Chatty Member
12 week scan done an dusted and all good with baby ❤ telling my six year old she will be a big sister once she gets home from school and hoping all goes OK with that 💕 currently feeling very blessed x

• Heart

Luisa18

Chatty Member
16 week midwife appointment today (17 weeks today but there we go) and I heard the heartbeat! First time as they didn’t do it at my scans… So so special, god it’s lovely. 🥰

• Heart

Blair-Waldorf

VIP Member
Omg. I moaned for the whole 36 weeks I was pregnant and now I’ve just clicked ‘I’ve had my baby’ 😢 I feel like crying even though he’s so perfect but I know I’ll never be pregnant again

i hope everyone is doing ok and good luck to those due soon. I was meant to be having my planned section this Friday, if all feels so surreal that’s he’s now 3 weeks old 💙

A client of mine who I met for the first time today asked when I was due etc and when I told her, her exact words were "oh are you sure there's only one in there" 😡 erm yes hun, I'm 31 weeks and plus sized anyway 🙄
What a twat. Take no notice

Baby Slips arrived. He’s adorable at 10lbs 6 🥴 il say no more 🙉
Congratulations 💙💙💙

• Heart
Reactions: 15

PunkRocker

VIP Member
Well today is hopefully induction day! 😬 How do I keep myself from going barmy while I wait for the hospital to call me?! 😂

• Heart

WotsitG1

VIP Member
Mention of my previous loss-
Feeling really low last few days. My anxiety is really high as Iv today got my 16 week midwife app but I’m 17+5. This is where my last pregnancy she offered to listen to heartbeat, couldn’t fit it so sent us for scan and we learnt baby had passed. I would love to say yes and be confident she would find heartbeat but I can’t go back through being sent off to hospital if she can’t.
Iv managed to book a scan privately for tommorow so feel it maybe sensible to wait for that.
Last few nights Iv been having some really awful pregnancy dreams. Iv got myself utterly convinced something is wrong.
It doesn’t help that the ivf community I dip into… everyone similar dates is starting to feel baby, show pictures of bumps… Iv felt no movement (placenta at front). And really have no bump, have a belly anyway so sometimes it just looks abit fatter and I feel abit more bloated.
Sorry for dumping this here. Iv just got myself in such a state something is wrong.

• Heart

WeepingCassandra

VIP Member
Had our 20 week scan tonight. All looking good which is nice, a very wriggly baby who didn't want to cooperate at the end of the scan but we got there in the end! Looks like the measurements are all bang on the average line apart from one which is very slightly a little lower - nothing to worry about I think. Starting to feel a bit more excited and less terrified now. Though I still have moments when I think about the things that will change in a negative way!

• Heart

Rdogk24

I can’t offer any advice, but just to share that you’re not alone. We really struggled to conceive too and I expected pregnancy to be this magical and beautiful thing (which it is!!) but I also feel so shit, and then feel guilty for feeling shit when this is what we’ve desperately wanted for so long.
Btw, I think you’re totally entitled to feeling shit and complaining about it. Doesn’t make you any less grateful or want your baby any less, same for all of us xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 14

FatherJackHackett

Chatty Member
Got my 12 week scan date through the door this morning - 22nd November. A mixture of excitement at seeing bubba and nervousness that all is OK 💕

• Heart

TheSilverFox

VIP Member
Ooh, didn't realise there was a pregnancy thread... can I join? I'm about 10-11 weeks pregnant now and it's come as such a shock I'm finding it hard to accept it's all really happening. I've already got 2 girls who are at primary school now but it was such a long road to have them - literally ruined about a decade of my life having (what felt like) endless surgeries, cycles of IVF, miscarriages. It affected absolutely everything in my life from relationships to work/career to how I felt about myself. My pregnancies that led to my girls were relatively drama-free (amazingly) but I was so anxious after enduring so much treatment and loss already I found pregnancy very hard.

I'm such a mess with anxiety (pregnancy related and this baby was such a huge surprise after all the interventions the other ones took, it was totally unplanned and I'm 40 now so my age is freaking me out too 🥴 ). The thought having to tell people in a few weeks time makes me feel sick, I just want to hide away. I feel so guilty too knowing how hard it can be to get pregnant in the first place, stay pregnant and how much money that can cost, how much grief it causes when it doesn't work. Bleugh, I feel bad that what should be happy news (and this baby is certainly very wanted) is doing nothing but fill me with a mixture of anxiety, guilt and stress. I also feel like absolute shite, don't suppose that is helping!!! :sick:🤮

• Heart