Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

cass87

Not to be pedantic but a lot of her tweets were less than 10 years ago. Also 2012 is hardly 1800s America - some of the terminology she has used to describe Black people goes back to a truly horrendous time in history.

Reactions: 62

Nellienoo193

Agree with everything you’re all saying about Polly but don’t think it’s fair to comment on her staff members at this current time… it’s only been a few hours and they might be trying to wrap their head around everything. They’re all facing losing their jobs/having to quit because their employer did something they had no idea about/had no control over. Have some empathy.

Reactions: 61

Cyclophage

Chatty Member
6C9A69B0-71C6-436F-B88F-C421CEB09EA4.jpeg

Not shocked at all, she’s a nasty piece of work and completely arrogant beyond belief even before all this came to light.

• Wow
Reactions: 60

Wickedtown

VIP Member
10B8ADD7-58E5-41F7-840E-7B950C8865BE.jpeg
7226655C-A926-439C-A0AA-57A9DC22CF98.jpeg
57741B2C-E3D4-4555-95E5-37D77343C112.jpeg
284DD384-AF1B-49B3-ACDE-36266EE79F44.jpeg
3187DA53-0B58-43B1-B9B5-65345CEBEEAB.jpeg
If this is the shit she's happy to tweet then it makes you wonder what her real viewpoints are, no surprise she's a massive xenophobic Tory

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 55

DeviantMuch

This has to be the most vile tweet history ive come across for any type of influencer, without a doubt, especially considering her age and the the internet culture even all the way back in 2011 wouldn't find them ok.

I really cant believe those are real and from someone 16+.

Glad ive never bought something from her and now I never will.

Reactions: 55

hhheyyyy

Also that last story is pure MANIPULATION. trying to paint herself as some distraught victim who is so disappointed in herself. “Finding it hard to process and remember” REMEMBER? Polly that’s 25 years of a bigoted upbringing you’re pretending to have forgotten. No way does she not remember posting all that, and she especially won’t have forgotten the inevitable hundreds of other bigoted conversations she willve had with her equally as bigoted family.

• Angry
Reactions: 54

itsyagal

Bet she’s already writing her to do list for ANOTHER week off work!

• Zoom with therapist, blame toxic personality on ex again
• Pottery the pain away
• Make gyoza’s with 3 old week leftover Turkey
• Book skiing holiday to clear fascist mind
• Place Amazon order of books by black authors to educate self but really just take cute pics of them on coffee table and never open them (a blogger staple!)

• Haha
Reactions: 53

duskwithoutdawn

Chatty Member
I hate wishy-washy statements like this. There's a reason she uses vocabulary like "hurtful language" and "close-minded" views rather than calling it what it is, outright racist, xenophobic and misogynistic slurs, jokes, stereotypes, and HATE SPEECH. If people not aware of the situation glanced at that story all they'd probably think was she'd said a few right-wing opinions 10 years ago, not that she systematically tweeted essentially white supremacist views and used slurs against every protected minority countless times.

• Heart
Reactions: 53

OhhBacon

VIP Member
The woman that her mother is tweeting to ask for help has just had a hysterectomy due to a cancer diagnosis. She had tweets photoshopped, basically someone wrote content and edited her handle on it so it looked like it came from her. It was horrific as she had these teeets go viral and she hadn‘t written them, this all got sorted out.
However tweets were found that were inappropriate and she had to apologise, lost work and made a charity donation.
Both the photoshopped tweets and her real tweets were really damaging to her, she has just had a cancer diagnosis and the hysterectomy operation which would also remove the cancer was this week….I doubt that having had that op she needs all the tweet stuff dragged back up!

*I can’t believe the obnoxiousness of Polly’s mum asking for advice from someone who has just been through a horrid time and Polly wrote hundreds of horrific things. Pollys mum has just made a big tweeter aware of her daughters truly horrendous behaviour…way to go mum!

Edited to add, just giving a brief synopsis of what happened on Twitter and why Jane Godley really shouldn’t be bothered at this time. Apologies if you all already knew this!

• Wow
Reactions: 52

Cyclophage

Chatty Member
Why do I feel like we’ll get a profile on here going ‘this is Polly’s mum’ 😂 I just can’t believe she’s read through what her daughter has written and thinks that it’s okay? Any normal parent would haul their child up and read them the riot act, no matter how old they are or how many years had passed.

• Haha
Reactions: 52