PollyVdsz #2 Tory vibes, basic business to run, photobombing weddings with Mr Man Bun

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Alice Benham wasn’t checking Polly’s diversity and inclusion policy this time last year when she collaborated with her so her point is stupid

Reactions: 21
All I took from Alice Benham’s post is that she’ll continue to work with Polly in the future

Reactions: 41
Why do I feel like we’ll get a profile on here going ‘this is Polly’s mum’ 😂 I just can’t believe she’s read through what her daughter has written and thinks that it’s okay? Any normal parent would haul their child up and read them the riot act, no matter how old they are or how many years had passed.

• Haha
Reactions: 52
I feel like a fair few of us on this thread came here from gabbys thread, and have only been following Polly the last couple years. That’s the case for me at least, but I know a few of you have talked about how you’ve been following Polly for years and years, since the early days of Sighh. I am in no way suggesting that anyone who falls under that category has any responsibility for not knowing about this stuff, but how on earth did she grow a platform on Instagram while posting such vile things on Twitter/tumblr? Did she keep those platforms private or under a different name to her Instagram presence? I just can’t get my head around how this went unnoticed for so long when a lot of the small business owners calling her out on Instagram claim to have been supporting Polly for such a long time!

Again, not attacking anyone who has been following Polly since the time of these tweets, I’m just interested to hear your experience of how she kept this all hidden! Or maybe this was all prior to her business taking off. Thanks!

Reactions: 15
Why do I feel like we’ll get a profile on here going ‘this is Polly’s mum’ 😂 I just can’t believe she’s read through what her daughter has written and thinks that it’s okay? Any normal parent would haul their child up and read them the riot act, no matter how old they are or how many years had passed.
Where do you think Polly learned these abhorrent views? Her mum and dad probably read all of that and thought “that’s my girl!”

Reactions: 28
167 "somethings" and across multiple platforms, she's experiencing criticism for this from people who are quite rightly offended and triggered.
For me the worst comments were those about r*p3, I’ve not stopped thinking about those since I read them. So disguting. If anyone, her mum included, can seriously read that and believe Polly has done nothing wrong/shouldn’t be called out then they are part of the problem.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
I don't understand why the people who are using "it was 10 years ago" seem to think that was like another realm or something it's literally like 2011/2, even my kid was at an age to know these things were unacceptable then, it's not an excuse to give her a pass, yes people change and grow but it does not eradicate vile behaviour FFS. It's not like it was the 70s/80s and even if it was she could publish a book with the amount of tweets she has, it's not even a mistake or slip of tongue that has been ingrained into her upbringing, it's chosen bloody language!

Reactions: 15
Longtime lurker, first time poster.
I am someone who has followed Polly since around 2015, I was in uni and I absolutely loved her stuff.
I can hand on heart say I never ever saw any of the tweets at the time and would never have given my support over the years if I had any inkling or awareness. As for the tumblr, from what I can remember this was kept very separate and I was a big tumblr user back in the day so probably would of followed had I known about it.
Been quite friendly with Polly over the years on insta DM’s, both being Surrey girls, and I would just like to point out that not all Surrey people are Fox Hunting Tories - some of us are normal human beings with morals and hearts!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Of course her mum is part of the problem she literally raised her ffs. Why would her mum hold her accountable when she probably holds the same views if not worse:sick:

Reactions: 20
2011/2012 wasn’t even that long ago, the US literally had their first African-American president. So how can any of the language Polly used be okay?

Reactions: 23
The woman that her mother is tweeting to ask for help has just had a hysterectomy due to a cancer diagnosis. She had tweets photoshopped, basically someone wrote content and edited her handle on it so it looked like it came from her. It was horrific as she had these teeets go viral and she hadn‘t written them, this all got sorted out.
However tweets were found that were inappropriate and she had to apologise, lost work and made a charity donation.
Both the photoshopped tweets and her real tweets were really damaging to her, she has just had a cancer diagnosis and the hysterectomy operation which would also remove the cancer was this week….I doubt that having had that op she needs all the tweet stuff dragged back up!

*I can’t believe the obnoxiousness of Polly’s mum asking for advice from someone who has just been through a horrid time and Polly wrote hundreds of horrific things. Pollys mum has just made a big tweeter aware of her daughters truly horrendous behaviour…way to go mum!

Edited to add, just giving a brief synopsis of what happened on Twitter and why Jane Godley really shouldn’t be bothered at this time. Apologies if you all already knew this!

• Wow
Reactions: 52
Wow wow wow I've been following Polly for a few years and have always had suspicions she's a raging Tory and have been getting bad vibes from her for a while but this is insane. I saw her apologies first and thought it was maybe a few tweets when she was young but this is something else. You don't say those things as a one off, and she was old enough to have known better back then too but they're clearly her views and I doubt they have changed. And the AUDACITY of her to save those apologies to a highlight with just a love heart emoji. Take some accountability and sort yourself out. Such an entitled, privileged snotty girl, says it all when her mum is trying to sort it all out for her. I have a few products from Sighh but I think I'll be binning them when I'm home from work!!

Reactions: 18
Her saying "10 years ago" or her mom saying 2011 really angers me. Some of those screenshots are from as recently as 2014. This is not a one-off thing but obviously the way she was brought up and they are biases she probably still has (even if subconsciously) given that she has never reflected on those posts or thought to delete them.

Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.