Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
This was supposed to be a reply to a post on the previous thread but it was deleted.
I have to say I get a bit frustrated when I see straight people make flippant comments like 'why do you need to tell everyone your sexuality, I don't have to come out as straight' etc.
As a woman who loves women, I can't tell you how important it is to see lesbian/gay/bisexual role models in all aspects of society including media/TV/film/sports etc. Growing up,many of us felt like outsiders who didn't fit in with the rest of society and so seeing someone being open about their sexuality on TV etc makes you feel seen. Representation matters and helps
people understand themselves, feel more secure and welcomed, and gives us the security of knowing we are not alone. In addition, the more representation there is the more it normalises and increases acceptance of LGBT throughout society.
Having role models also shows to us that being gay/lesbian/bi doesn't stop us progressing in our chosen careers, as the saying goes 'if you can't see it, you can't be it', something that straight people never have to worry about.
That's not to say that people have to publically announce their sexuality, in fact most younger people these days, like Cara Delevingne and Kristen Stewart for example, don't make big announcements but instead are just open about dating women, taking them to events and talk about their girlfriends in interviews just like straight people have been privileged to be able to do since forever. Why should we have to hide a big part of who they are just in case some homophobe is offended?
Obviously people should do what they personally feel comfortable with, but I did think the PS thing was strange from the start, why make a big announcement now when he could have divorced his wife quietly to keep her and the family out of the spotlight and then publically moved on with a new 'boyfriend' in a few months. It definitely felt like his hand was forced which is why the whole reasoning of making it public to help other people come out seemed rather insincere and disengenous.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 89

OhhBacon

VIP Member
Welcome to New Tattlers, incase any of you are being influenced by any instagrammers we also do a goodine in uncovering their bullshit!
Just search out your fav instagrammer and get ready to waste a few hours.

Particular highlights being the money grabbing Mrs Hinch, the Downfall of MOD and FOD, Brummy Mummy's terrible poetry.. And more.

*Not trying to derail thread at all but there is a lot of tea on here!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 72

Youtubegossip

VIP Member
John Leslie... another CBBC “star” that was plucked over to ITV and this morning...

honestly, you need to do one of those police investigation flow charts to see how interlinked all these people are. It’s like the fucking mafia.
Where’s DCI Coleen Rooney when we need her

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65

Be More Pacific

VIP Member
Welcome to all the people migrating from Digital Spy 👋🏼

ShowbizGosQueen here (but banned years ago following several rule breaks - libellous comments and disruptive behaviour 🙄😂)

Probably why I like it here so much 😁

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
you can't really imagine ps getting on top of you and giving u a good hammering, can we ladies, lets b honest, hes v sexless o_O(n):m

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 53

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
Im another Digital Spy refugee if you'll allow me to join you?

Yesterday I received two warnings for talking about this subject, and three threads, including one that has run for over two years and was originally started to discuss Philips bizare behaviour on social media (uploading photos of his bare arse on snapchat, the pics are still out there if you have strong stomach and wish to look. Not a pretty sight!). ITV are all over the forum like a heat seeking misile, a few weeks ago a thread about Ant McPartlin and his divorce from Lisa was also deleted. It really stinks.

• Wow
Reactions: 51

Be More Pacific

VIP Member
what a bunch of adorable sweethearts you all are 🥰
I know right?! We are lovely! ❤

Yet according to most Instagrammers, we're a hate forum full of nasty, vindictive cunts who have made them all suicidal 🙄😂

Only because we call them out on their gifted/ad/collabs/money-making bullshit and pathological lying.

Honestly, I have seen some great support here on Tattle for people struggling with all types of issues. Definitely not just a hate forum! 🙌🏼

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 50

Colin333

Has Dan Wooton said anything?
I'm new here - and Gay. Yes, I was on 'The Sun' Site earlier today. Dan Wooton was full of praise for PS.
He joined in with all the, 'Brave' garbage. He also went way over the top and said that PS 'Coming Out'
would 'Change Lives'. He said it all, in a Video, that he put on 'The Sun' Site, on Friday.

I've also seen 'Gay Activist' Peter Tatchell saying that PS is 'Brave', and that, by 'Coming Out', he will encourage
Gay Teenagers to be less afraid to be themselves. PS waited until he was 57, to 'Come Out', for goodness sake!
He's 'taught' Gay Teenagers to think that it is terribly shameful to be Gay! Mr. Tatchell is very naive, if he can't
see that!

All I see PS doing, is being a 100% dishonest, coward. How can that 'Change Lives' and give courage to
Gay Teenagers, who are scared to openly be themselves? All that PS has taught them, is that being Gay,
is so shameful and awful, that it is best to hide it, Marry a Female, and - maybe - reveal your true self
when you are nearly 60! Why are some Gay Men going on as if PS is 'Brave'? They are truly backing the
wrong Horse!

Also, a Gay On-Line Site - 'Pink News', is having a go, at Joan Collins, for what she said about PS, on
'Good Morning Britain'. It says that it is: 'How not to react when someone comes out'. It means that,
by not 100% supporting him, with 'How Brave!', she was being awful towards him! This is how it is,
with some Gay People. We are all supposed to stick together, no matter what. We are 'awful' people,
if we don't support the likes of PS! Even though, he's made it look like being Gay, is a terrible way to
be, and it is best to pretend not to be! How is that good for other Gay People? It is not!

• Heart
Reactions: 48

Tutoo

My Twitter account has been "suspended" because I asked TM when are they going to reveal the truth!!:censored::censored:😂😂

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 46

manclad1995

So i’ve been following this for the last couple of days and decided to create an account just to have a bit of an input (probably not that useful more just observations from me). MM is from the same area as me and has a decent amount of mutual friends on Facebook (we are of similar age, may have his sc too but i’m not sure if it’s actually his or not).

Since I first heard about MM’s involvement in this I knew that there definitely could be some truth to the story. If so then no matter what he is a victim...to an extent. Definitely seems like an opportunist, whether that was being starstruck at a young age or in more recent times getting his foot in the door at ITV. I know a lot of people who have worked hard to get into that industry so if MM’s had extra help then I think it’s morally wrong and unfair. Nowadays they try to say it’s not who you know it’s about the experience but I think companies just say that to make people believe all’s fair when it definitely isn’t.

Based on my own experiences as a young gay man, I can believe that MM was vulnerable and very eager to get where he wanted to be. But on the flip side, being vulnerable doesn’t mean you’re naive and a lot of young people have access to lots more information nowadays than ever before. It makes it difficult for me to feel sympathy but if he was groomed then that does make a massive difference. Everyone with a sane mind knows that it is one of the worst things a person can do.

A lot of people’s minds have changed since the shock of the initial announcement wore off, myself included. PS must be shitting it and for good reason, the idea that all this is positive and heroic sounds more insane as time goes on!

Sorry that this post is just a bunch of random things but just wanted to get it out there!

Reactions: 44

Teal99

Who is this Phillip Schofield, is he famous or something?
No, just some random middle aged gay man. Thought it would be good to talk about a non-celeb for a change. Name plucked at random from the phone book. It’s going well, three threads in.

• Haha
Reactions: 43