Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Dressgoss

Speaking from my background, it isn’t unusual for those with acting backgrounds to do runner roles however they are usually taken by those who want roles behind the scenes (eg camera, editing etc). So he could’ve gotten to that point himself...however at such a young age without any real “media” experience apart from just the theatre and acting stuff it’s a bit more unbelievable. I commend people who get in and i’m proud of my peers for making it as it’s tough and there’s lots of rejection (much like any other job I suppose, potentially more intense). A runner is the most entry level paid position you could have but it’s a foundation for a career and if you are remembered positively and someone with a name remembers your name then you’re set!
I have in a former life worked in TV and started off a runner. I've never known anyone stay in a Runner's position for nearly 4 years as MM appears to have judging by his linkedin in. If you do a good job then you'll usually get promoted to Production Sec or Junior Researcher within a year.

The fact that this is being spoken out so rampantly on social media means that the This Morning team and ITV would be stupid to think that this will just blow over. Runners are so vulnerable being the lowest position, the lowest paid and in a highly competitive industry where they are often desperate to further their career and are open to being abused in many forms. In the era of #Me Too they should have been making sure they had a duty of care to all their staff.

• Heart
Reactions: 29

YellowTail

VIP Member
I’m also a migrant from DS - revelling in the freedom of speech that seems to be welcomed here. Jaw dropping threads. Kept me hooked. Keep it up please

A quick google about The Streisand effect:
The Streisand effect is a phenomenon whereby an attempt to hide, remove, or censor a piece of information has the unintended consequence of publicizing the information more widely, usually facilitated by the Internet.[1] It is an example of psychological reactance, wherein once people are aware that some information is being kept from them, their motivation to access and spread it is increased.[2]

tbkskao

its obvious The Sun was gunna run a story on MM & PS but they warned PS a few days prior, leaving him with no choice but to publicly come out & then let the sun have the exclusive interview after coming out in exchange for them then not running the MM story.

• Heart

Cosmo69

Chatty Member
His interview in that rag was so full of contradictions he's either incredibly stupid or he doesn't care what nonsense flies out of his mouth. For example:

“If you ask anyone who is gay, they know — there is no confusion.”

“I was confused by what it was. I thought maybe I was bisexual".

What a load of gibberish!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28

Doc

VIP Member
Anyone remember what Phillip was doing before John Leslie royally fucked up and made way for him to replace him on This Morning?

As far as i remember he was a has been kids tv presenter who was the worst Joseph there had ever been.

The way he made the transition from shitty has-been replacement presenter to quickly getting his heels dug in at itv and being allowed to act like he’s running the show is unbelievable.
John Leslie... another CBBC “star” that was plucked over to ITV and this morning...

honestly, you need to do one of those police investigation flow charts to see how interlinked all these people are. It’s like the fucking mafia.

foofoo

Let's be clear, he would have NEVER come out if it wasn't for the backstory
The interview was a insult to the LGBTQI community

conviviality1

I know right?! We are lovely! ❤

Yet according to most Instagrammers, we're a hate forum full of nasty, vindictive cunts who have made them all suicidal 🙄😂

Only because we call them out on their gifted/ad/collabs/money-making bullshit and pathological lying.

Honestly, I have seen some great support here on Tattle for people struggling with all types of issues. Definitely not just a hate forum! 🙌🏼
I am relieved that Tattle Life is able to allow people to voice an opinion without being banned or moderated out like most of the tabloid press. There are a number of topics which the newspapers will not allow comments on at all, for example the McCanns. What we are seeing at the moment with the Schofield case is a powerful tv company controlling what you can read or contribute on the internet.

• Heart

Teal99

What on earth was ITV thinking when they allowed the show to be hijacked by Scofield’s coming out. It shows the level of his Kingship. They all knew he had been openly gay in the showbiz world. And to say, his wife was shocked etc, she probably was 10 years ago when he told her! And to say that he had been thinking about this for a long time, and Friday was the day they were all building up to, is not true. He had no intention of telling the world that the carefully crafted family brand of Schofe and Steph was a lie. He was forced to make the announcement because MM had gone rogue. And HW taking great pains to say to be clear, you have not been forced to make this announcement. If they were in Pinocchio their noses would be reaching the floor.

To say This Morning have lost integrity is an understatement.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

Lovegin

VIP Member
If pip and holly get booted can they please take Lorraine and Colleen Nolan with them, I wonder if Lorraine is shitting herself because she’s been very quiet

• Haha
  • Heart

Gordon

If pip and holly get booted can they please take Lorraine and Colleen Nolan with them, I wonder if Lorraine is shitting herself because she’s been very quiet
Which Lorraine? Lorraine Lorraine? Or the Lorraine act for tax purposes?

• Haha
  • Heart

Loulu2020

I think Fern and Rylan would be a great combo
I love Fern too funny.... and Rylan. And chuck in Allison Hammond shes proper crackers. Itwouldbe all giggles. Cool threesome from 3 from different generations.
I loved Allison since Big Brother.
Remember her on that chair 🤣

• Haha

Teal99

The whole drama llama announcement on Fri when H & P swooped in to a show they were not on that day, dragging others into the mess. Holly saying let’s be clear nobody has made you say this. He, and she, were being disingenuous. They knew that MM was about to leak like a sieve hence the big reveal. He could have just released a low key statement without the drama using a prime time tv show like a public information channel. Anyone with a modicum of sense was doing a Joanie, why now? What was the hurry.

margaretta

VIP Member
another digital spy escapee here.

Comments about Fern - wasn’t P particularly sanctimonious about her lying about her gastric band?
That’s one of the reasons I could never stand him this ‘holier than thou’ spotless image.

I wonder how long it is before he takes an enforced break.

• Wow
Reactions: 26

FromOopNorth

VIP Member
Hi everyone.

Have been reading this thread with interest, and welcome to all the new Tattlers!

Didn't have anything to add really until now...don't think this has been posted yet?

🎶 Do you see who I see? 🎶 🧐
20200211_124642.jpg

• Wow

Chinwag

I’m not a fan of Kerry Katona but i will never forget the disgusting way Phillip Schofield sat in his chair talking and looking down his nose at her that day, like he was some sort of fucking saintly role model, who wasn’t living a double life!!!

• Sad
  • Angry