Phillip Schofield #3 Dancing on thin ice

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You're a great lot on this thread...No egos, no insults - just banter as it should be ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 54
Latest news in the #schofield story comes from @PerezHilton who has revealed that Matthew McGreevy was SACKED by ITV last week!
it would make a lot more sense.
Might be wrong but most tabloids if planning a weekend story inform the person
either Thursday or Friday about the story for comment. And seeing he looked like a stunned mullet on friday

Reactions: 8
Maybe the ITV response will be that he tried to blackmail him so was fired for gross misconduct.

Reactions: 12
This whole thing is gaining traction on twitter, But Matthew mcgreevy is not trending, I did think maybe it will die down but it's not 😯

Reactions: 3
If he was on a fixed term contract, they could pay him off to the end of his contract and, that way, he is not worse off in a pecuniary sense. If he is a regular staffer, they could make a very large settlement on him to go and agree not to go to an Employment Tribunal and not to sell his story.
Because the idiots at ITV gave him a golden handcuffs deal (stop that!), I suspect it'll be quite a mess to get rid of him from everything, and they'll surely have to do that if they think he can't carry on with This Morning. Serves them right.

Reactions: 14
Yes likley that. Holly would be off for holiday time with her kids as would Phil with his family. Much needed as this internet storm brews.

Reactions: 4
Pardon me for being thick but if you are sacked does there not need to be a valid/legal reason? Ie MM?
He'll probs just be on a contract they can end right away and pay him for the rest of the contract.

Or he's full time and they just payed him off and he signed that they reached a muteral agreement and have no grievances. Big companies do this every single day.

Well, I’m a lesbian and I can say I did question if I was bi while I was figuring out who I was, I also know many in the community who have said the same.. of course i know of people who didn’t question it either but that’s because everyone is different & it really doesn’t matter anyway!! Feels a little judgey if I’m honest, there’s enough of that on the internet as it is 😐

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Maybe the ITV response will be that he tried to blackmail him so was fired for gross misconduct.
MM, all I say is contact ACAS, they have a new employment clause now that maybe of interest to you, in fact you may have helped them with it 😉

Reactions: 6
A few accounts that were tweeting about it with screenshots have been deleted:unsure:

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
The only thing about that would be that he could go to an Employment Tribunal for adjudication, and everything would be discussed in court. The employment contracts for people in the television industry may have a clause about not giving confidential information to the press.

Because the idiots at ITV gave him a golden handcuffs deal (stop that!), I suspect it'll be quite a mess to get rid of him from everything, and they'll surely have to do that if they think he can't carry on with This Morning. Serves them right.
They may put him on 'gardening leave' 😉

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.