Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Twistedpants

I really love this thread. Love all the political chat and reading everyone's opinions. But there's one aspect of living in NI that's really starting to bother me lately and gets me irrationally wound up.
It's those bloody families on the Lidl NI ads. They are all so smug and perfectly irritating!!!
Needed to get that off my chest 🤣🤣 Back to politics

• Haha
Reactions: 13

bunnys

Okay this is a bit random as I have never posted here before (I've lurked though lol). But I just wanted to say I started learning Gaeilge and I'm really excited about it :) I'm from a Protestant family/area so I never learnt it growing up. To be honest I was scared to even call myself Irish until recently as I thought it was somehow offensive or wrong for me to do. I'm trying to connect a bit more with it all and I think this is a good first step.

Does anyone else here have experience with learning it? Do you use it much? I don't hear many use it up North but who knows xx

• Heart

BigMavis

VIP Member
I've just switched on Nolan and there's an absolute cat fight between a woman from here and an English lady. English lady says she doesn't want us :cry: and she said Ireland don't want us either 😢.
Then the woman from here said she was going to burn her on the bonfire 😭

• Haha

Griftymcgriftface

VIP Member
I think the problem is things were never truly addressed. There was no truth and reconciliation and then from a unionist perspective people see the likes of Gerry Kelly and martina anderson who had convictions etc in government as having the support of the community. I completely get on the other side you don’t like displays of Britishness etc and feel the same way.
For me, my family haven’t been in the orange order, weren’t connected with this and were just working class and trying to get on with their lives.
And I know it is the same for you all on the other side with British forces etc.
Something that was never addressed was I suppose the suspicion from both sides. I think the photos of I think Peter Robinson (I could be wrong it might Be someone else ) or whoever in his beret to me are just as disgusting as the RA.
the GFA was a massive sticking plaster but no one thought to come back and dress the wound.

I actually think it is a real shame of the decline of SDLP. I saw a cracking video the other day of an old interview with John Hume where he was talking about growing up and wanting to get involved with stuff and I think his dad said . “Flags don’t put food on the table”
---
The thing is I genuinely don’t know where Bryson came out of. He just appeared on the scene and suddenly his voice. I think I told you all before that years ago he got a community worker role in an area and a local church woman who had tried hard to encourage working class boys to make something of themselves were then influenced by this wanker. The middle aged woman say him coming but there was nothing they could do as he got the position.
Then I will use an example like Carl frampton. He grew up in one of the most staunch loyalist areas, married a catholic and still holds the full respect of everyone. The boxing community here really lead by example as they are real working class kids who fight each other but respect each other. Him and paddy barnes could teach a lot of our politicians how to do things.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12

BigMavis

VIP Member
He's not a solicitor!
His political background is relevant.
A- because he's not a solicitor.
B- he's a political influencer on twitter who makes his sectarian views public.
C- not a fucking solicitor.
D- he's Joe public with a mental deficiency.
E- NOT A SOLICITOR.

• Haha
Reactions: 11

Pat1268

Your family member in the police should not be discussing these details with you. Can admin step in please & remove these comments.

• Haha

Wee Nora

VIP Member
That is mad!!! Im very nervous at wakes one time I got cornered by a priest to say prayers and I got stage fright and forgot the words, then I started to laugh 🙈
It’s the absolute worst when you go to a wake to “show your face” but arrive just as the feckin rosary starts and you’re just stuck there til it’s over. But you can’t leave immediately after it’s finished or it’ll look bad so you hang around near the door hoping to slip out without anyone noticing but then some distant relative of the deceased will spot you and start asking who you are so then you’re just stuck there telling your life story to someone you’ve never met while they try to join the dots and figure out your family tree. Then they realise they know your Da and you’re fucked. There for the night 😭

• Haha

BigMavis

VIP Member
I have our ones warned that on my death if anyone dares post a tribute complete with in the arms of an angel I will haunt them forever and ever amen.

Just trying to lighten the mood because this mad and its very very warm. I am so brown and its not out of a bottle.

• Haha

imaginedragon83

VIP Member
My heart would 10000000% say a big massive YES to a border poll.
My head (esp after the disaster that was brexit) would be a bit more cautious, I'd want to see figures/plans of some description.
I do agree with @monga that it couldn't get any worse than it is now (i think no matter what we will be in for a roughfew years financially but that will be a global problem) , but God know what way loyalists would act out.

Reactions: 10

Mrs Fluff

VIP Member
That is mad!!! Im very nervous at wakes one time I got cornered by a priest to say prayers and I got stage fright and forgot the words, then I started to laugh 🙈
I have this irrational fear of stumbling and knocking the coffin over when I go past it

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10

BigMavis

VIP Member
Doesn't surprise me, they've rolled in behind him. They'll have told themselves Nicola is an alcoholic and I'm certain Gallagher himself has said exactly the same. The message is clear fellas who can kick a ball are more important than allegations of domestic abuse the only thing that would have changed any of this is if Gallagher had killed his wife. But even then someone would have said he was a great guy.

Reactions: 9

Wee Nora

VIP Member
Remains is a normal enough term. But Suspected might indicate something else like burning a body, could be environmental factors with the warm weather though.
I hope they didn’t do something horrific to her and that it was quick at least 😢 Christ, she was only a child 😔 takes a real hard man to murder a 21 year old girl.

• Sad

Griftymcgriftface

VIP Member
Do you know something it wouldn't matter if she was snow white. If she had no obvious to the eye issues he'd have said she was mentally unstable and that's the thing with victims of abuse they can often appear that way. The effects of gaslighting.
I look at this woman as a survivor now. I wasn't sure about her public post but I think she did the right thing.
I think the fact that one of the other girls who was at the original incident at clones spoke out really spoke volumes.

Lovecrisps

Chatty Member
Ah yes, classic. Violent man (19 previous convictions and 5 attacks on police officers) but definitely wants to be a woman and in a female prison if he's jailed. 🙄 Glad he's been called who he is, as he's clearly not trying to live as a woman.
---