Northern Ireland #13 Cafflicks and Prods up a tree K-I-SS-I-N-G

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Help me. Tattle are giving me net a porter ads the bastards, want this but not paying ridiculous money.
Can't beat etsy

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Look what's happening in Kosovo. That'll be us soon girls 🙈
I'll be up here in the wesht with the migeys when it all kicks aff 😂

Mavis, I love ya but I could make you something like that with an elastic band and a packet of tooty fruitys 🤣

ETA I get ads for Shein, Tattle knows I’m a cheap date 😩😂
I keep getting ads for a company called TEMU seems like an aliexpress type company

• Haha
I'm getting those ads on fb. Stuff looks class but I wouldn't chance it.
Have risked it 😂

Will let you know how I get on

4 tops for me
3 tops for my mum
Two pairs shorts & some flip flops for my partner
Miscellaneous house bits ….

With an introductory coupon came to £72

Reactions: 2
Okay this is a bit random as I have never posted here before (I've lurked though lol). But I just wanted to say I started learning Gaeilge and I'm really excited about it :) I'm from a Protestant family/area so I never learnt it growing up. To be honest I was scared to even call myself Irish until recently as I thought it was somehow offensive or wrong for me to do. I'm trying to connect a bit more with it all and I think this is a good first step.

Does anyone else here have experience with learning it? Do you use it much? I don't hear many use it up North but who knows xx

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Okay this is a bit random as I have never posted here before (I've lurked though lol). But I just wanted to say I started learning Gaeilge and I'm really excited about it :) I'm from a Protestant family/area so I never learnt it growing up. To be honest I was scared to even call myself Irish until recently as I thought it was somehow offensive or wrong for me to do. I'm trying to connect a bit more with it all and I think this is a good first step.

Does anyone else here have experience with learning it? Do you use it much? I don't hear many use it up North but who knows xx
Good for you, well done 👏. I have an A Level in it lol, can hold a conversation but not as well as I’d like, my kids would put me to shame, they speak fluently. We use it at home a good bit, youngest is at bunscoil and the other ones go to Gaeltacht every summer. We visit Teelin and Bunbeg a good bit and use it when we’re there. Always a novelty ordering food in Bunbeg as Gaeilge 😂 visited there for the first time as a teenager and had my Irish dictionary out trying to translate the menu 😂
@BANRÍON 👑 is your woman.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Good for you, well done 👏. I have an A Level in it lol, can hold a conversation but not as well as I’d like, my kids would put me to shame, they speak fluently. We use it at home a good bit, youngest is at bunscoil and the other ones go to Gaeltacht every summer. We visit Teelin and Bunbeg a good bit and use it when we’re there. Always a novelty ordering food in Bunbeg as Gaeilge 😂 visited there for the first time as a teenager and had my Irish dictionary out trying to translate the menu 😂
@BANRÍON 👑 is your woman.
Nora I was in Teelin on Sunday, the place time forgot 😂

Reactions: 1
Nora I was in Teelin on Sunday, the place time forgot 😂
It really is 😂 beautiful though. Did you ever venture to Glencolmcille or Port? I think there’s one little house and nothing else for miles and miles 😍

It really is 😂 beautiful though. Did you ever venture to Glencolmcille or Port? I think there’s one little house and nothing else for miles and miles 😍
Yeah, been to the beach near there. It's been years since I was in Tee, family did the big walk on Sunday, I was feeling lazy. Might venture that way again and explore.

I have this irrational fear of stumbling and knocking the coffin over when I go past it

OMG me too I hate it when people are leaning on the coffin. Such a fear of someone toppling the coffin and I'm.stuck in the room with aftermath. Couldn't go wakes for years after getting fear as a young child getting lifted up to view a American relative to died while home on holidays.

My wee mum always hated a coffin up against the window in a room and always said "don't wake me in the window" so at her wake she was against the wall. Lol
I was at wake recently where the mirrors weren't covered....was nearly afraid to to look at incase I saw something but then again I'm so afraid of ghosts and that sort of thing after various stories my parents told of incidents happening them. They heard and saw a banshee many times aswell before mummy's own sudden death.

We stayed in glencolmcille for a week last summer in a fantastic air bnb. Was honestly one of the best holidays we’ve had. The weather was amazing, spent all our evenings on silver strand beach watching the dolphins swim right up to us, kids fishing in teelin, fish suppers in killybegs. We’d no Wi-Fi or signal or anything at the air bnb so it was amazing just to switch off. Love that part of the country.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
We stayed in glencolmcille for a week last summer in a fantastic air bnb. Was honestly one of the best holidays we’ve had. The weather was amazing, spent all our evenings on silver strand beach watching the dolphins swim right up to us, kids fishing in teelin, fish suppers in killybegs. We’d no Wi-Fi or signal or anything at the air bnb so it was amazing just to switch off. Love that part of the country.
We got engaged on Silver Strand beach many moons ago 😂 love it. Where the weather’s good it’s breathtaking around there. My sister lives in Donegal so we visit a lot, use her house as a base and go exploring. It always reminds me how little kids really need to content them, even the older ones. No devices, just the outdoors and the odd icecream and bag of chips 😂

Catholic families never learnt it either lol they’ve cut it from the primary school curriculum now, no funding.
---
OMG me too I hate it when people are leaning on the coffin. Such a fear of someone toppling the coffin and I'm.stuck in the room with aftermath. Couldn't go wakes for years after getting fear as a young child getting lifted up to view a American relative to died while home on holidays.

My wee mum always hated a coffin up against the window in a room and always said "don't wake me in the window" so at her wake she was against the wall. Lol
I was at wake recently where the mirrors weren't covered....was nearly afraid to to look at incase I saw something but then again I'm so afraid of ghosts and that sort of thing after various stories my parents told of incidents happening them. They heard and saw a banshee many times aswell before mummy's own sudden death.
My granny always said “never fear the dead it’s the living you have to worry about “ 🙂
---

And nobody thought that odd 🤔
---
Where’s the pish service fleg removal squad?? or it it only sent into nationalist areas to provoke 👍🏻

---
IMG_5248.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I'm watching a wee clip of Katie Hopkins talking about it, I actually can't believe I'm agreeing with her or that I tuned into Arlenes station last night.
I need to tell you Charlie Lawson was on last night and Wotton called him Jim by accident.

• Haha
IMG_5246.jpeg

---
Getting rid of the moo moo’s 🐮
IMG_5249.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.