Northern Ireland #13 Cafflicks and Prods up a tree K-I-SS-I-N-G

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So do I but I still don’t know what an amateur sporting organisation like the GAA could do that the police or PPS couldn’t or what questions people want them to answer? We’re talking about a master manipulator here who whether we like it or not was “cleared” in the eyes of the law. I feel like people want blood from somewhere and it doesn’t actually matter if it’s the person responsible or not as long as someone pays. That’s wrong in my opinion, the buck stops with the abuser and going after the GAA or Derry or Fermanagh and people spreading fake news takes the heat off Gallagher. The press aren’t helping, I get why Nicola spoke to them but they just want a story, they don’t care how knocking on Gallagher’s door will affect the children.

This is not exclusively a GAA problem. George Best by his own admission was an abusive and violent husband and what did we do? Hail him as a hero and name an airport after him 🤦🏼‍♀️ Ryan Giggs or should I say Ryan Giggs OBE was the manager of the Welsh National team when he was arrested for assaulting his girlfriend in 2020 but he didn’t stand down until he went on trial in 2022.
Absolutely 👏🏻 Abusers are protected and victims are doubted, ridiculed and shamed. It’s a tale as old as time. A difficult situation because even if there’s a conviction, people still discredit victims. We know how wrong courts can get it and being found not guilty really does not mean innocent. Although in this particular case, it didn’t even get that far. Even if Derry did receive the email, what were they to do? As you say, master manipulator and a lot of the time, people would rather not acknowledge the awful truth.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
All true, I agree that the family should not be hounded by the press at their homes. However this individual has been given jobs by the GAA, was he police checked/Garda vetted?
If he was provided with character references by those in GAA and they were aware of abuse they must take responsibility.
As far as I’m aware police checks would only provide them with information on convictions and he was never even charged so his record would come back clear. All they could do was get rid, that’s where their power begins and ends.

Absolutely 👏🏻 Abusers are protected and victims are doubted, ridiculed and shamed. It’s a tale as old as time. A difficult situation because even if there’s a conviction, people still discredit victims. We know how wrong courts can get it and being found not guilty really does not mean innocent. Although in this particular case, it didn’t even get that far. Even if Derry did receive the email, what were they to do? As you say, master manipulator and a lot of the time, people would rather not acknowledge the awful truth.
Yeah this is it. He tricked everyone, that’s how I see it. I’m just scared that people are so caught up in wanting heads to roll that they’ve forgotten about the 3 innocent children. The oldest girl is 11 I think, I hope the kids are being well supported. I know Nicola used social media as a last resort but the kids might not forgive her. What a mess 😢

Reactions: 4
I don't think any person who still had a relationship with their children would do this. Big assumption I could be totally wrong, I think it was her last resort.
It looks like nothing else mattered last Tuesday night. Reading between the lines I think the court judgement in feb left her rudderless.
Maybe the psni will take another statement but I doubt it, his solicitors would have a lot to say if they did. Unfortunately his statement and request for privacy for the kids will be exactly what the courts want to hear. We can say she was brave and people who've experienced abuse should never be silent but that's not how professionals will look at this situation. Not a popular opinion but its reality.

Apparently he lifted a teenage girl in his car and locked her in. tried to get her to 'do stuff' with him and tried to feel her up. Ive heard he's very well known for it. SDLP just looking to fill seats and clearly don't vet their candidates or get to know them before they run
Oh really I knew of him years ago, or should I say thought I knew him

Reactions: 2
I don't think any person who still had a relationship with their children would do this. Big assumption I could be totally wrong, I think it was her last resort.
It looks like nothing else mattered last Tuesday night. Reading between the lines I think the court judgement in feb left her rudderless.
Maybe the psni will take another statement but I doubt it, his solicitors would have a lot to say if they did. Unfortunately his statement and request for privacy for the kids will be exactly what the courts want to hear. We can say she was brave and people who've experienced abuse should never be silent but that's not how professionals will look at this situation. Not a popular opinion but its reality.
The children saw plenty of abuse happening in their home I’m sure (or heard it). He did not think too much of them at that time. Hiding behind his children, he is nothing but a coward. He must have some support network helping him with these children, as a man in a managerial position for a county team has little time at home. He is traipsing them round Derry watching club games, hardly a stable upbringing.
I’d say Nicola had had enough of him being the big I AM in the eyes of the world. I would hope when they are older the children realise what their mother was subjected to. He has 2 daughters and I wonder how he would like them to come home with a man like himself?

Oh I'm ascared of her. Bet she has a couple of those scary dogs I hate too.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
A nursing assistant. Lovely. Is she hoping to be reinstated or is it for compensation?
Thank God she’s not caring for us or ours eh !🙄 I think she was looking for both tbh.
---
Where have I been that I missed this? Completely sickening. Mocking the murder of bride on her honeymoon? Just because her father is involved in GAA? Or just because she was a catholic? Or just because? MOCKING A MURDER?! Scumbag deserves everything she gets.
Crickey ! you must’ve been in cloud cuckoo land lol ,check out the earlier threads for the awful vid ( if it’s still visible)
---
Horrific! Is it only me or does there seem to be a lot of NI people die on holiday accidents 🙁
---
IMG_4735.jpeg

---
Edit …she’s Irish not NI but seems to be a lot of tragedies recently.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
Accident, she was driving. There was a lot of holiday deaths, coming out the other side of it I think Covid jabs hurt people. Call me a crazy bastard.

Accident, she was driving. There was a lot of holiday deaths, coming out the other side of it I think Covid jabs hurt people. Call me a crazy bastard.
You’ll be cancelled Mavis 😂
---

Last edited:
Plot twist. Mary is a stooge. Denise who decided to burn her was real though. Very real. 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.