Northern Ireland #13 Cafflicks and Prods up a tree K-I-SS-I-N-G

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Husband just reminded me of a wake we went to during lockdown, a socially distanced queue to view the corpse threw a bedroom window 🤦🏼‍♀️ We really are half cooked 😂 Seemed like a perfectly normal thing to do at the time 🤣
That is mad!!! Im very nervous at wakes one time I got cornered by a priest to say prayers and I got stage fright and forgot the words, then I started to laugh 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 9
That is mad!!! Im very nervous at wakes one time I got cornered by a priest to say prayers and I got stage fright and forgot the words, then I started to laugh 🙈
I have this irrational fear of stumbling and knocking the coffin over when I go past it

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
It’s the absolute worst when you go to a wake to “show your face” but arrive just as the feckin rosary starts and you’re just stuck there til it’s over. But you can’t leave immediately after it’s finished or it’ll look bad so you hang around near the door hoping to slip out without anyone noticing but then some distant relative of the deceased will spot you and start asking who you are so then you’re just stuck there telling your life story to someone you’ve never met while they try to join the dots and figure out your family tree. Then they realise they know your Da and you’re fucked. There for the night 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I have this irrational fear of stumbling and knocking the coffi over when I go past it
Imagine :eek:
Have you been to the famine village, they talk all about the wake customs. Apparently they kept a plate of snuff on the dead persons chest and everyone had to take a punch, people watched it to see if it would rise and fall, they had a habit of burying people alive.
---
Btw I googled snuff because I've never been quite sure what it is, don't do that. I have to burn my device before the police come knockin.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Can anyone explain to me why us mad bastards cover clocks and mirrors with sheets when there’s a wake on? Why don’t we just take them off the wall? 🤯😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Can anyone explain to me why us mad bastards cover clocks and mirrors with sheets when there’s a wake on? Why don’t we just take them off the wall? 🤯😂
We should stop the clocks, that was a UK wide custom until recently, its so people don't keep asking what time they died at.
Mirrors covered because they believed mirrors were a passage between two worlds, they didn't want souls to get trapped. I think, will happily be corrected. Furniture was more static then.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Thanks Mavis, never knew the significance of it and never thought to ask anyone 😂 my parents leave the front door open for an hour just after midnight on New Years Day, apparently it lets the old out and the new in 😂 I always tell them it’s the unwanted guests who’ll get in 🐭🤣 the two of them sitting frozen 🤦🏼‍♀️🥶😂

• Haha
Thanks Mavis, never knew the significance of it and never thought to ask anyone 😂 my parents leave the front door open for an hour just after midnight on New Years Day, apparently it lets the old out and the new in 😂 I always tell them it’s the unwanted guests who’ll get in 🐭🤣 the two of them sitting frozen 🤦🏼‍♀️🥶😂
I've seen people doing that. Also some weirdos have to leave a house the way they came in....year round.
Think first visitor of the year can't be a red head, which I take personally. Nobody wants to see me on the first of Jan.

• Haha
I've seen people doing that. Also some weirdos have to leave a house the way they came in....year round.
Think first visitor of the year can't be a red head, which I take personally. Nobody wants to see me on the first of Jan.
That’s cause you’ve got no soul Mavis 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
@Et tu Brute did you see Cresswell on the news? 🤢
Saw it. So glad it’s going to trial and I’m also glad the 4th co-accused has now been named. Wish they’d hurry up and set a date. It’s almost 3 years since Katie was murdered.

Saw it. So glad it’s going to trial and I’m also glad the 4th co-accused has now been named. Wish they’d hurry up and set a date. It’s almost 3 years since Katie was murdered.
He even looks like an evil creep.

Reactions: 1
He even looks like an evil creep.
He absolutely is. Evil through and through. I pray he’s convicted. He needs locked up so he can never harm another woman ever again. Nervous that the PSNI have botched the entire investigation.

I saw him in the flesh recently. Walking around the Waterside without a care in the world. I couldn’t believe my eyes. I was shocked, angry and disgusted 🤬

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I’ve never been to a wake.
I went to one funeral but I was outside so wasn’t really there. I’m a bit funny now I don’t want to go to one. I’m m now a bit paranoid about it all if it happens too close to home but I’m weird about going head any of it.

Reactions: 4
I’ve never been to a wake.
I went to one funeral but I was outside so wasn’t really there. I’m a bit funny now I don’t want to go to one. I’m m now a bit paranoid about it all if it happens too close to home but I’m weird about going head any of it.
That's amazing you've only been to one funeral!

That's amazing you've only been to one funeral!
Grandparents died before I was born and I’ve had uncles who died when I was young and viewed as too young to go. But yeah, I have been pretty lucky but now I have a bit of the heeby jeebies that once I set foot inside one then that would be the start of it so I would almost actively go out of my way to avoid

Reactions: 3
Carla's giving out about personal abuse, how do you tell someone nicely that they would scare rats out of a ditch? Carla should be in therapy not front and centre of a political party.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.