Northern Ireland #13 Cafflicks and Prods up a tree K-I-SS-I-N-G

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tattlers in the 26 counties, you need to vote in favour of reunification if or when any referendum happens. Our lives depend on it, the oppression is killing us and we’re literally bleeping dying up here 😭 like we just get to a certain point and then stop bleeping living 😩😂

Save us!!! 🙏

OK so

• Haha
Reactions: 4
54% and over 11,000 spoiled votes. Pretty poor really.
That’s a lot of spoiled votes? Or I assume it is as it seems high but I’m not sure of general averages.
I actually forgot to vote on Thursday. I was working all day and didn’t remember it was on and I had sat myself down in my jammies with a glass of wine and logged on here and realised. I just couldn’t be arsed leaving the house.. if Belfast city council is Sinn Fein run now then hopefully they will do something about all the syringes in the city centre and other issues….. I doubt it.

Reactions: 5
Seriously, Jim’s speech. That’s not right. Something’s going on with him.

• Haha
  • Wow
Ian Ogs not looking fresh either, he has a massive puffy eye. If these men were your dad, husband, brother you'd step in wouldn't you? The stress seems to be killing them. Even 30 something Jamie looks late 40s.

Reactions: 5
Well that was my first thought 🙈 maybe someone showed him this 😬
The thing is. I’m not overly bothered about that. 55% turn out isn’t great. There is clearly a lot of frustration. Although Sinn finn are the largest party a referendum isn’t a party political thing and if you add all of the other people who are unionists together plus people who didn’t vote but probably would in a referendum I actually think if the DUP had any brains they would call for one. In elections I would normally lean towards voting UUP but then what’s the point as they won’t get in which I know is a poor attitude but that’s kind of how I feel.

Jim's probably wrecked after canvassing for all the TUV candidates. He was even down in Bangor knocking doors but to no avail as none of their candidates were elected. He needs to face reality. There's just not enough hardline unionists left to make the TUV viable. They'll get a councillor here and there but nothing more substantial.

I'm gutted the DUP weren't punished more. The turn out is pathetic. I think if more people voted we would see real change. Having said that I don't blame people for disengaging. I always, always vote and I had to force myself to walk up to the polling station as it felt so pointless. In the end though i believe my vote did matter - my first preference candidate got in on a very very thin margin.

Reactions: 6
The thing is. I’m not overly bothered about that. 55% turn out isn’t great. There is clearly a lot of frustration. Although Sinn finn are the largest party a referendum isn’t a party political thing and if you add all of the other people who are unionists together plus people who didn’t vote but probably would in a referendum I actually think if the DUP had any brains they would call for one. In elections I would normally lean towards voting UUP but then what’s the point as they won’t get in which I know is a poor attitude but that’s kind of how I feel.
I was talking about how badly the TUV faired. Even if every eligible voter turned out I don’t think they’d have faired much better. Jamie is on slating the UUP today again. I feel bad for Doug, to me he comes across as a unionist who wants the union to work which is more than can be said for the DUP.

Reactions: 6
I feel bad for Doug too. Unionism needs a voice, a much more liberal voice. It’s unfortunate the DUP haven’t been punished more. It blows my mind that people vote for them but in my area it appears people have voted for the candidate, not necessarily the party. People in this country annoy the f**k out of me 😩

Reactions: 8
Seriously, Jim’s speech. That’s not right. Something’s going on with him.

yeah because the loyalist unionist and state didn’t ma or murder anyone 😂

Someone hide his blood pressure meds … I want to see him explode completely live on Nolan some day soon 🤯

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I think the problem is things were never truly addressed. There was no truth and reconciliation and then from a unionist perspective people see the likes of Gerry Kelly and martina anderson who had convictions etc in government as having the support of the community. I completely get on the other side you don’t like displays of Britishness etc and feel the same way.
For me, my family haven’t been in the orange order, weren’t connected with this and were just working class and trying to get on with their lives.
And I know it is the same for you all on the other side with British forces etc.
Something that was never addressed was I suppose the suspicion from both sides. I think the photos of I think Peter Robinson (I could be wrong it might Be someone else ) or whoever in his beret to me are just as disgusting as the RA.
the GFA was a massive sticking plaster but no one thought to come back and dress the wound.

I actually think it is a real shame of the decline of SDLP. I saw a cracking video the other day of an old interview with John Hume where he was talking about growing up and wanting to get involved with stuff and I think his dad said . “Flags don’t put food on the table”
---
The thing is I genuinely don’t know where Bryson came out of. He just appeared on the scene and suddenly his voice. I think I told you all before that years ago he got a community worker role in an area and a local church woman who had tried hard to encourage working class boys to make something of themselves were then influenced by this wanker. The middle aged woman say him coming but there was nothing they could do as he got the position.
Then I will use an example like Carl frampton. He grew up in one of the most staunch loyalist areas, married a catholic and still holds the full respect of everyone. The boxing community here really lead by example as they are real working class kids who fight each other but respect each other. Him and paddy barnes could teach a lot of our politicians how to do things.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
I can genuinely say that I couldn’t care less about displays of Britishness. I know it comes from a place of insecurity a lot of the time and if someone wants to dress their house in red, white and blue or march up and down the road then good luck to them, that’s their business. It has no affect on my life.

I think the problem is that it what never meant to be like this. This place was designed so that the CNR population would always be 2nd class, people like John Hume included. The likes of Bryson, Jim or Jeffrey will never admit it or acknowledge it. It’s obviously uncomfortable hence the nonsense talk of Nationalist supremacists. That’s easier than admitting it’s the other way around.

I can genuinely say that I couldn’t care less about displays of Britishness. I know it comes from a place of insecurity a lot of the time and if someone wants to dress their house in red, white and blue or march up and down the road then good luck to them, that’s their business. It has no affect on my life.

I think the problem is that it what never meant to be like this. This place was designed so that the CNR population would always be 2nd class, people like John Hume included. The likes of Bryson, Jim or Jeffrey will never admit it or acknowledge it. It’s obviously uncomfortable hence the nonsense talk of Nationalist supremacists. That’s easier than admitting it’s the other way around.

I completely understand what you mean. I’m really fortunate that my parents who left school early worked to ensure their kids looked at education. There seemed to be a backwards approach to education in loyalist areas like you are above your station if you want to do better. Luckily I was never held back in that way. My parents gave everything for us. I think there is a massive issue in loyalist communities now where young kids and their parents are turning their backs on education. I fully respect the fact that the CNR community have done the opposite and fair play but I definitely see a bit of dismissal of working class communities in more loyalist areas. One of the politicians made that horrible statement about it where they basically blamed the catholics for getting ahead of themselves but the problem for me is the prods could have been educating their kids.
Obviously all the lower and upper middle class kids will be fine but the disregard for education is bleeping scary to me in more working class areas

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.