Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

FagAshLil69

Christmas special this year! 🥳🥳

Screenshot_20221129_084605_com.android.chrome.jpg

It's on Friday 23rd December. I'm more excited about this than Christmas Day! 😆

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 50

House of Tea

VIP Member
I enjoyed it. My dad died in front of me on Boxing Day (not recently) from a heart attack, I still enjoyed this episode. Comedy is light and shade, as is life.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 40

Dak1988

Chatty Member
I rewatched it recently and was laughing my head off when Amanda said Anne worked in Greggs and Anne said something like ‘no I worked in product development at Glaxo smith Kline’ and Amanda was like ‘are u sure. U definitely look like you would work in Greggs’
What a bitch 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39

Tyui

I HAVE NEWS!!!

SEASON 3 on Netflix coming 10th November!! Annnnd season 3 includes the previous xmas special I believe! 🥳

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 36

Millais

Chatty Member
Passing her driving test despite hitting a cow “Different rules in Ireland”. Ann is such an underrated character.

• Haha
Reactions: 28

GiftedNotFree

VIP Member
I hope that’s not it forever. A very sad episode over all and a depressing end if so. I would have preferred a lighter Christmas special, that’s for sure!

Reactions: 28

Misssj80

VIP Member
After reading all your comments on how it wasn't great, I wasn't expecting much but actually I quite liked it. I laughed and I cried. Was it as good as the other Christmas special? No, but I still enjoyed it. Maybe because I wasn't expecting much I enjoyed it more than I would have done had I not heard what it was like? My mum enjoyed it too

• Heart
Reactions: 26

Tui

VIP Member
New series started. They've gone full Covid, without the covid, instead it's a nit pandemic. Comb > shampoo > comb just doesn't have the same ring to it as hand > face > space.
I thought it was inspired! Can’t wait to watch this season

My favourite bit was when Amanda thought Anne used to work for Greggs

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25

DaisyDeluxe

VIP Member
I really enjoyed it. Definitely not as many laughs as you’d expect from a sitcom Christmas special, but not any less enjoyable. Personally I’ve tried to scroll less on social media to avoid comparing my Christmas to everyone else’s and feel like it’s not perfect. Many of us have an imperfect Christmas - dealing with bereavement, being angry at ex partners who mess up arrangements for your children, ex couples putting on smiles to spend the day together for the sake of their children despite the pain they feel themselves, the list goes on. Motherland has always shown the imperfections in family life, albeit in hugely exaggerated characters but I’m sure many viewers will have been able to relate to the various micro situations going on in this episode. Maybe just the wine, but I did enjoy this episode despite the sad storyline and how much it made me cry lol.

• Heart

BoreDeForce

I think if you can't see any accuracy in Julia's husband or Amanda's mum then you have got off relatively lightly in life haha

• Haha
  • Heart

GossipMongoose

VIP Member
I’ve just done a rewatch of all of the episodes on Netflix. I love it but there are a few inconsistencies!

Amanda’s husband is called ‘Ian’ not ‘Johnny’ in the first episode. Same actor but I assume with it being a pilot, time had passed and they decided to change his character name when the show got commissioned.

In the carpool episode, Anne talks about her mad obsession with crafting during her early menopause. She goes on to have multiple pregnancies and the menopause is never mentioned…

Julia mentions that her mum lives in Leatherhead but, apparently until very recently she had been doing all of the school runs and childcare. Leatherhead is about an hour away from where they are supposed to live, in Acton.

Yes, I know I’m overinvested. I’ll see myself out…

Last edited:
  • Haha

Stillwater

VIP Member
I enjoyed it. Christmas can be dreadful sometimes, life (and death) goes on even on 25th December. Felt they nailed that unsentimentally 👌🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Ohflogoff

VIP Member
Thought it was disappointing. Kept expecting the mum to wake up. They kinda lined it up to happen the way they were all jumping.

Also thought it was bad taste to have Amanda downing the booze and then driving back.

Reactions: 24

Acorncollecter

VIP Member
I saw on Tiktok...someone took some photos of 'Julia' and 'Amanda' filming at night in the middle of a road with Amanda's Range Rover. Apparently for a Xmas special for this year! I so hope this is true....🤞

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 23