Motherland

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Motherland, one of my favourite comedies, oldest donkey loves it too. We quote lines to each other, 'baba ganoush' is one that crops up a lot for no reason whatsoever
We do this, our favourite is ‘It’s not my house!’ Even my 79 year old dad loves it❤

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I watched the Christmas episode and drunk Meg makes me actually belly laugh - especially when she jumped onto Amanda's outdoor Christmas tree 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 16
On Netflix it said it was s3 ep1. Unless there's another one? I haven't checked.

Reactions: 3
I think the Christmas episode came in-between series 2 and 3 so netflix have put it as episode one of series 3

Reactions: 8
So happy it’s on Netflix now! I have such fond memories of watching this feeding my newborn in the middle of the night! 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I love it so much, I watched it before becoming a school mum and now find it even more hilarious now I’m stood at the gates. Wish we had such interesting characters in real life 🤣
We definitely have the types from the show at my kids’ school. There are a few Amandas with swishy hair and yoga pants, a couple of lovely Anne types who run the PTA events, and lots of Julias. Plus one token dad who always wears sandals.:sick:

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Anna Maxwell Martin steals every scene she's in. I mean that in a complimentary way.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I have never had children but, as I mentioned here, I discovered this show from my parents, they both love it as they completely remember exact people from the school gates when I was in primary school 😅😅

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Anna Maxwell Martin steals every scene she's in. I mean that in a complimentary way.
She’s fantastic. Especially as she was filming thus and Line of Duty simultaneously- the characters couldn’t be further apart. Just shows how amazing an actress she is.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
She’s fantastic. Especially as she was filming thus and Line of Duty simultaneously- the characters couldn’t be further apart. Just shows how amazing an actress she is.
Completely agree , ITV obviously didn't realise how privileged they were to have her when they give her that tit show of a drama 😆

So happy it’s on Netflix now! I have such fond memories of watching this feeding my newborn in the middle of the night! 😂
Same, and daytime cluster feeding 😂 I only discovered it then (last year) but it often had me shaking with laughter trying not to wake the baby. Think I’m going to have to do a rewatch now I’m back to full consciousness 🤣

Do you know what’s funny, I did not like her when I first watched it but now I’m a mother I can really appreciate how brilliant she is and that she’s nailed her character perfectly! It makes me laugh how I wear the same sleeping bag coat as her too 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Do you know what’s funny, I did not like her when I first watched it but now I’m a mother I can really appreciate how brilliant she is and that she’s nailed her character perfectly! It makes me laugh how I wear the same sleeping bag coat as her too 😂
My partner thinks I'm more Liz lol

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Same, and daytime cluster feeding 😂 I only discovered it then (last year) but it often had me shaking with laughter trying not to wake the baby. Think I’m going to have to do a rewatch now I’m back to full consciousness 🤣
Same literally this time last year 😂 good times. I’ve rewatched it so many times now but it’s been a few months so I might start again 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I'm so disappointed, I thought this was a new series! I'm sure I read they were making another one a while ago? I have seen all of these ones new to Netflix :cry: Might have to just watch them all again

Reactions: 4
I don’t know why I’ve only just started watching this! I’ve seen many clips from the show over the years but I finally watched series 1 over the weekend (yes I’m very behind) and I love it 😄

• Heart
I don’t know why I’ve only just started watching this! I’ve seen many clips from the show over the years but I finally watched series 1 over the weekend (yes I’m very behind) and I love it 😄
I've said it before, but it really was never promoted that much at all!

Reactions: 10
I saw on Tiktok...someone took some photos of 'Julia' and 'Amanda' filming at night in the middle of a road with Amanda's Range Rover. Apparently for a Xmas special for this year! I so hope this is true....🤞

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 23