Motherland

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have to say I’m a bit disappointed. The Phillip Schofield joke got a chuckle from me but I just wish the episode as a whole was funnier. I didn’t expect it to make me cry and I felt like there weren’t enough jokes to pick the mood up at the end so I came away feeling really flat and sad.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I enjoyed it. Christmas can be dreadful sometimes, life (and death) goes on even on 25th December. Felt they nailed that unsentimentally 👌🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I did a rewatch and it grew on me more 2nd time around. I definitely think there many subtle details etc that I missed first watch.

I enjoyed it. My dad died in front of me on Boxing Day (not recently) from a heart attack, I still enjoyed this episode. Comedy is light and shade, as is life.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 40
I enjoyed it too although I did find that I came away feeling a bit flat compared to the normal episodes/the first Christmas special. I think I just expected more jokes/lightheartedness at the end but I know life (even Christmas) isn’t always like that. Will definitely watch it again but not to cheer me up 🤣

I've no problem with the death scene. However, whilst I ADORE the show, I realised I absolutely loathe the Geoff and Marion characters and find them beyond parody and pathetically overplayed.

Julia in that onsie was beyond reality too, on Christmas day put the bl&&dy semblance of a normal outfit on. Meg and her fellas storyline was just meh!!

I didn't dislike the show, in fact I thought it was ok..just that ok but not the normal fabulous show that I adore.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I just discovered motherland and binged every episode in a week.

It’s comedy genius! I loved it. Including the new Christmas Eve episode.

I really hope they make more 🙏

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I put on my Xmas pjs on Xmas Eve and only just removed them an hour ago to shower.

If I had a onesie, it would have been on yesterday. The hangover was real 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I thought it was quite poignant and possibly paving the way for another series where they branch out from just motherhood stuff to slightly more complex family storylines.

Reactions: 7
Can anyone recommend a similar series that's available to watch now, I can't find catastrophe

Reactions: 1
I was very disappointed in the Christmas Special. I thought it was very weak and all a bit forced.

Geoff and Marion are terrible.

• Heart
I liked it, there were some great bits but agree with previous comment about seeing more of Anne, did we know she was having twins in season 3? I’ve watched it a few times and can’t remember it

Reactions: 2