Motherland

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I watched it again and enjoyed it more the second time. Maybe I’d been looking forward to it too much so was bound to be a bit disappointed?

Julia’s husband did comfort her in the garden, he got out the hot tub and you can see him hugging her in his pants. He’s still a head though!

I did not expect to start liking Amanda but I really did!

I look forward to rewatching all of the old series, a proper comfort watch for me.

Reactions: 20
I just watched it and knew what happened but still really enjoyed it. Lots of laughs and tears. I think they could leave it as is or run with another series.

Reactions: 3
I watched it again and enjoyed it more the second time. Maybe I’d been looking forward to it too much so was bound to be a bit disappointed?

Julia’s husband did comfort her in the garden, he got out the hot tub and you can see him hugging her in his pants. He’s still a head though!

I did not expect to start liking Amanda but I really did!

I look forward to rewatching all of the old series, a proper comfort watch for me.
I think we were supposed to dislike Amanda but in actual fact I loved her character. I loved them all tbh. Thoroughly enjoyed the 3 series. The Christmas special was very funny but poignant too. I'm sure there are many people that can and do identify with Julia and her husbands relationship and her relationship with mum.

Christmas is a sad time for many families struggling with loss, mine included and I so related to her and the last angry conversations had with her parent. I think this episode showed all the different emotions and the bits with Amanda were soo relatable with the ex moving on. Plus Liz and her deadbeat ex I'm sure resonated with many watching too.

I'm hoping there will be a series 4 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I loved it. I feel like we can all relate in some way to the characters, whether we know someone with those traits or see some of ourselves in any of them or their relationships. I think there are so many loose ends though, like what's going on since Kevin and Amanda slept together, where was Liz's fella and we could of done with more Anne. I love seeing the playground parent dynamic the most and feel like it missed a little bit of that. I really hope there is a season 4!! Amanda literally makes me howl, her expressions are hilarious.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Is it just me, or does anyone else wonder why no one except Julia and Kevin's surnames are known?

Reactions: 1
not sure who mentioned it but I have just started 2 doors down, loving it so far, so thanks for the recommendation!

Reactions: 12
I’ve just done a rewatch of all of the episodes on Netflix. I love it but there are a few inconsistencies!

Amanda’s husband is called ‘Ian’ not ‘Johnny’ in the first episode. Same actor but I assume with it being a pilot, time had passed and they decided to change his character name when the show got commissioned.

In the carpool episode, Anne talks about her mad obsession with crafting during her early menopause. She goes on to have multiple pregnancies and the menopause is never mentioned…

Julia mentions that her mum lives in Leatherhead but, apparently until very recently she had been doing all of the school runs and childcare. Leatherhead is about an hour away from where they are supposed to live, in Acton.

Yes, I know I’m overinvested. I’ll see myself out…

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
I watched Am I Being Unreasonable based on this thread. I thought it'd be similar to Motherland based on the drunken shenanigans in the first episode but it really wasn't. Got quite dark! I did enjoy it though :)

Reactions: 11
I’ve just done a rewatch of all of the episodes on Netflix. I love it but there are a few inconsistencies!

Amanda’s husband is called ‘Ian’ not ‘Johnny’ in the first episode. Same actor but I assume with it being a pilot, time had passed and they decided to change his character name when the show got commissioned.

In the carpool episode, Anne talks about her mad obsession with crafting during her early menopause. She goes on to have multiple pregnancies and the menopause is never mentioned…

Julia mentions that her mum lives in Leatherhead but, apparently until very recently she had been doing all of the school runs and childcare. Leatherhead is about an hour away from where they are supposed to live, in Acton.

Yes, I know I’m overinvested. I’ll see myself out…
In the first episode at the spag bol party, it's mentioned that Liz slept with Melissa's husband Ian, who'd given her a lift home (not Amanda's husband Johnny). Liz then said it was 20 years previously that they'd slept together. So I thought it was a different guy they were talking about, not Amanda's hubby.

That's the way I heard it anyway.

* I'm horrifically over invested and showed myself out last month lol!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Amanda’s house in the first series is different to the one used in later series too.
Oh yes, it is.

The husband thing is two different chats I think. Amanda’s husband ‘Ian’ “gave Liz a lift” (the hussy!) and everyone thinks she’s a slut because she slept with Melissa’s husband, though it turns out to have been when they were teenagers.

Reactions: 1
Oh yes, it is.

The husband thing is two different chats I think. Amanda’s husband ‘Ian’ “gave Liz a lift” (the hussy!) and everyone thinks she’s a slut because she slept with Melissa’s husband, though it turns out to have been when they were teenagers.
Which is also strange because Liz is from oop North (her ex refers to it on the sports day episode) so would she have been darn sarf as a teen? not impossible, but….are we getting too deep??😂🫠🫠

Reactions: 5
Which is also strange because Liz is from oop North (her ex refers to it on the sports day episode) so would she have been darn sarf as a teen? not impossible, but….are we getting too deep??😂🫠🫠
Yeah, Liz has Diane Morgan’s strong Bolton accent. I missed the bit with the ex mentioning it but it would make sense that she moved south to be with the useless Lee, as an adult. Unless Melissa’s husband is also from Liz’s hometown and they somehow ended up in the same area of London years later?! The script writers probably haven’t thought as deeply about the characters’ backstories as we are…

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Just watched the episode where Julia tries to get her kids into the Catholic school, again. 😂😂😂

Julia - “She knows. *points to painting* Because she is the most famous mother of them all.”
Nun - “That’s Mary Magdalene - a childless prostitute.”
Julia - “…Exactly.”

Makes me howl every time. 😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I JUST watched it, and really enjoyed it. Get the feeling they definitely aren’t done with it yet though!
I love Julia, her husband doesn’t deserve her! Neither does Gary 😂

I’m glad Amanda got her big David Brent/Chris Finch “duck off” moment, but was hoping she’d find comfort again in Kevin.

• Heart
Reactions: 8