Motherland

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I kept expecting her to wake up 🙈
I know it’s not real life but the way they were all acting after the death of their best friends mother, it came across like it was a big mistake and she was just asleep 🤣
So I was shocked when they wheeled her out. Very odd

Reactions: 16
I watched the other Christmas special today after watching the new one and it made me love it all over again. It’s allowed to have an off day but it was disappointing 😩 Here’s hoping we get a series 4 🙏🏾

Reactions: 11
Thought it was disappointing. Kept expecting the mum to wake up. They kinda lined it up to happen the way they were all jumping.

Also thought it was bad taste to have Amanda downing the booze and then driving back.

Reactions: 24
Thought it was disappointing. Kept expecting the mum to wake up. They kinda lined it up to happen the way they were all jumping.

Also thought it was bad taste to have Amanda downing the booze and then driving back.
And then partying away at Anne’s after consoling Julia in the street🤦🏽‍♀️

Reactions: 9
Disappointed in it because it’s usually so hilarious. I did the quiz, I got Anne. Was expecting Julia or Liz to be honest 🙈😂 But I’ll take Anne, she’s so underrated

Reactions: 16
I do love an odd/unexpected couple so I was hoping Amanda was going to run into Kevin’s arms 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 14
After reading all your comments on how it wasn't great, I wasn't expecting much but actually I quite liked it. I laughed and I cried. Was it as good as the other Christmas special? No, but I still enjoyed it. Maybe because I wasn't expecting much I enjoyed it more than I would have done had I not heard what it was like? My mum enjoyed it too

• Heart
Reactions: 26
After reading all your comments on how it wasn't great, I wasn't expecting much but actually I quite liked it. I laughed and I cried. Was it as good as the other Christmas special? No, but I still enjoyed it. Maybe because I wasn't expecting much I enjoyed it more than I would have done had I not heard what it was like? My mum enjoyed it too
I still haven’t watched it but your post has left me feeling a bit more hopeful 😊. Thanks and Merry Christmas 🎄

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Good point about the kids breaking up from school and then it was Christmas. I think they should have had maybe them doing the food shop (julia all stressed and Liz not bothered and just buying a box of Quality St, a bottle of wine and some sausage rolls) or something and then go onto Christmas day.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Just watched it and really enjoyed it 😊. No spoilers but I did feel sorry for Amanda

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Good point about the kids breaking up from school and then it was Christmas. I think they should have had maybe them doing the food shop (julia all stressed and Liz not bothered and just buying a box of Quality St, a bottle of wine and some sausage rolls) or something and then go onto Christmas day.
yeah your right if they just had some general xmas duties and the hilarity of the humdrum .. I think 30 min with each character firing on all cylinders showing their traits was tricky. Ive re watched it and really do like it second time.

Also saw on mumsnet a link between how amanda fancies the dad that look just like kevin in season 1 swimming party episode there is definitely legs in a kev and amanda fling story especially after her slow redemption from being a total witch after seeing her mum clearly!

Reactions: 8
yeah your right if they just had some general xmas duties and the hilarity of the humdrum .. I think 30 min with each character firing on all cylinders showing their traits was tricky. Ive re watched it and really do like it second time.

Also saw on mumsnet a link between how amanda fancies the dad that look just like kevin in season 1 swimming party episode there is definitely legs in a kev and amanda fling story especially after her slow redemption from being a total witch after seeing her mum clearly!
I definitely think it should have been an hour, it was all too much crammed in to 30 minutes

Reactions: 12
I drank far, far, far too many Christmas Eve vinos last night and spent the morning throwing up. I had to give instructions to my eldest teenager to get the Xmas dinner on.

When everything was in the oven I took to my bed and watched Motherland.

I enjoyed it, I have to say. Especially Amanda finally bleeping her horrible mother off.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Anne once again being low-key hilarious - when her and her mammy were trying to work out how many she was having for Christmas and every branch of the family had a Pat. And well done to whoever said they thought/hoped Anne would have a lovely house. Glaxo clearly paid well.

I thought Amanda’s mum was almost a bit cartoonishly evil though. The way she massively sided with Johnny and Tamara, it was more like she was his mum.

Reactions: 19