Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Fashionlover33

Best episode for me is the swimming episode. Just love Kevin! When he threw that guys trousers out the window then went home in his towel 😩

• Haha
Reactions: 19

nyMreb-5fattu-hedgob

I actually quite like Julia - not sure what that says about me! But Kevin has got to be my favorite. I also think Amanda is played brilliantly as she is so unlikeable!

Reactions: 19

HairyMaclary

Chatty Member
There’s been nothing about it only the actress who plays Meg saying what she would like it to cover.

I don’t know about anyone else and I think I’ve ranted about it before but I hate that BBC take original programmes off iPlayer, like the license fee pays towards it leave it up and definitely don’t remove it to have it go onto bloody Brit box!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 18

ELFILY

VIP Member
Whenever I see someone’s commented on this thread, I get excited thinking a new series has been announced but unfortunately not 👎🏻😂

• Heart

Hollie Day

VIP Member
Anna Maxwell Martin steals every scene she's in. I mean that in a complimentary way.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Wifo1976

VIP Member
Anna Maxwell Martin steals every scene she's in. I mean that in a complimentary way.
She’s fantastic. Especially as she was filming thus and Line of Duty simultaneously- the characters couldn’t be further apart. Just shows how amazing an actress she is.

• Heart
Just watched the episode where Julia tries to get her kids into the Catholic school, again. 😂😂😂

Julia - “She knows. *points to painting* Because she is the most famous mother of them all.”
Nun - “That’s Mary Magdalene - a childless prostitute.”
Julia - “…Exactly.”

Makes me howl every time. 😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart

Pocahontas

VIP Member
I pretty much love of all Julia’s clothes - especially her coats, she has good coat game 😂

My favourite episode is the one in series two when they all go away together. Just Kevin pulling that charred pig from the ground while falling over and shouting in frustration. Loved the bit in the Xmas episode when he falls backwards with the jug of punch 😂

Did anyone else cry at Julia’s phone message to Garry the builder? She nailed it, and it was so well written.

Freedomofspeech89

VIP Member
Anyone else find Julia a bit of a bitch?
I think Julia's character is meant to represent how mums feel when they are at their worst. I must admit I've had *Julia" moments which I'm certainly not proud of. Especially that scene when she's screams and snatches the toys off the kids 🤣

• Heart

ELFILY

VIP Member
I don’t know why but I really hope Kevin and Amanda are still secretly shagging in the Christmas episode 😂 their dynamic kills me!

• Haha

37BBL

VIP Member
I loved it. I feel like we can all relate in some way to the characters, whether we know someone with those traits or see some of ourselves in any of them or their relationships. I think there are so many loose ends though, like what's going on since Kevin and Amanda slept together, where was Liz's fella and we could of done with more Anne. I love seeing the playground parent dynamic the most and feel like it missed a little bit of that. I really hope there is a season 4!! Amanda literally makes me howl, her expressions are hilarious.

• Heart
Just watched the Xmas special and I agree with most of the opinions here. I didn’t really laugh once. I get that it highlighted that terrible things can happen at Christmas, but it’s a comedy TV show, at the end of the day. If I’d have wanted to be miserable I’d have watched Eastenders. 😂
I usually loathe Amanda, but good for her.

Last year’s episode is brilliant so I think I’ll watch it again. 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17

Catlady1

VIP Member
Just watched the episode where her in laws come to stay to help! I can also relate to this. Relatives who supposedly come to help out but spend the whole time making a stressful workload worse by sitting around making demands for tea/food.

• Heart

Scarlett O' Hara

VIP Member
I've no problem with the death scene. However, whilst I ADORE the show, I realised I absolutely loathe the Geoff and Marion characters and find them beyond parody and pathetically overplayed.

Julia in that onsie was beyond reality too, on Christmas day put the bl&&dy semblance of a normal outfit on. Meg and her fellas storyline was just meh!!

I didn't dislike the show, in fact I thought it was ok..just that ok but not the normal fabulous show that I adore.

• Heart