Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
A mix up of a few suggestions, mostly @Elle 🙂
(I left the forceps liar suggestions out because we don’t want to accuse her of lying about the birth - even though we know she did 😐)

How are youse me internet family,
I can’t believe I have another new thread, I’m delighted youse love me so much that youse have dedicated another thread to me.
Sorry I’m late celebrating this, Thomas and his ma have gone to centra to get a chicken fillet roll and a 6 pack of waffles for our dinner so I had a few minutes to sneak out of the attic and take a photo of the dogs so I can pretend I’m part of the family, me da was over yesterday (it’s not breaking any rules, I’m an essential worker) and he’s absolutely delighted with his grandson, he hopes he takes after granda and his first words are “feck off will ye” because if you’ve watched me Youtube youse know he has a mouth like a gutter,
I’m still on maternity leave but I’ve been spending this time copying and pasting shit from the internet to make me look intelligent, and generally just fighting with strangers and lying in bed.

If youse try and question me anti mask narrative I’ll get me da to beat you up, or get Thomas on to me stories to tell you to leave me alone.

Babieeeeeee have you got my waffles ready? Noooo babieeeee I said I’d have them in bed today, you know where we eat babieeeee....

Hope youse are all keeping safe, not that you need to keep safe cuz this virus is a hoax, I read it on the internet.

Love youse. 💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚
Mel, Milo and Thomas the plank engine.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38

Rainyday2020

Ok I have been creeping for a looooong time but I had to make an account to comment after all of this. I’m a doctor and her video made my blood boil.
The reason home births and MLUs have lower complication rates is because only very low risk people are allowed to do it. If they think you’re at risk of complications then you have to go to a hospital (like a large baby which could cause issues) so obviously when all of those cases go to hospital then the rate of hospital complications goes up!
Also all the banging on about going for a home birth next time made me laugh. She certainly wouldn’t be allowed. In the same way she wasn’t allowed go MLU this time. Now she has a history of a large baby, a fórceps delivery, third degree tear and a major PPH. No midwife would undertake doing that in an unsupported environment because in obstetrics the biggest risk factor for any obstetric complication is having a history of that complication and these are all big risk events! Midwives are fantastic and I have so much respect for them but when shit hits the fan even they need some back up and support.
Finally (almost finished I swear), if she hadn’t had medical intervention by those doctors either herself, the baby, or both would have died. He would have become distressed and possibly hypoxic and she would have exsanguinated because the only reason she ‘only’ lost 1.3 L is because there was a ..you guessed it.. trained team of doctors and midwives there to stop the bleeding. I am so over this whole anti doctor rhetoric she’s pushing
Rant over, sorry!

• Heart
Reactions: 36

Catsme

Chatty Member
I NEVER EVER reply to these kinds of threads because I don’t think I have anything new/interesting to say, but I have to remark that SHE IS LITERALLY INSUFFERABLE. Her constantly changing mind, ideas, and stories never add up and they scream sociopath to me. I’m not saying (at all) that she IS a sociopath, but her behaviour IS sociopathic.

I find her behaviour quite triggering, actually - I was raised by a malignant narcissist father (from whom I am now estranged) and I have complex PTSD. On top of that, I have been battling with undiagnosed chronic physical symptoms since 2015, and have had to give up most of the things I previously enjoyed as a result of it. I’ve done (and am doing) the whole battling with doctors, trying-to-get-answers thing, and...it’s hard. But that doesn’t automatically mean I want to crap on doctors or science or the automatically elevated status of a medical degree. That would just be dumb.

So to see Melanie’s entitled, privileged, narcissistic ass behaving sociopathically, accusing obstetricians of abuse, faking chronic illnesses, insulting hard-working medics, and just being a general full-spectrum liar makes my blood boil. It saddens me, in a selfish kind of way - because people like her give people like me (those with real symptoms that just haven’t been figured out yet) a bad name, and make us all out to be insufferable hypochondriacs.

Also, and this is definitely an aside - her fucking writing. I mean, it’s shit. It’s absolute rot. Like. Please. And then, as a **writer**, to use the language she does in her comments? They are APPALLINGLY written. The sentence structure, the syntax, the weird commas where there should be a hyphen or a semicolon or even just a full-stop. It’s embarrassing to look at! And her critique of Tolkien, or whoever it was? Calm down, Melanie Shakespeare. Like, OK, I’m not the biggest fan of Tolkien's prose either, but I wouldn’t deign to criticise it - it’s just not to my personal taste. That doesn’t make it BAD!
And while we’re on the topic...Mel’s “clean prose”? What is she on about? Her prose (from what I can tell of the excerpts she posts on her stories) isn’t clean at all. It’s overdone, clichéd, and clunky. It doesn’t roll. It sticks out and jabs your damn brain as you read it. Clean prose, if we’re getting academic with it, would be more akin to post modern literature - the likes of Paul Auster, Franz Kafka, even Jacques Derrida, for that matter. Clean prose isn’t Melanie Emma Duffy Murphy.

OK, rant over. Feel free to ignore most of that; it just felt good.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Elle

VIP Member
I don't know much about babies but should she not be holding his head?
No, he was actually born with the ability to hold his own head up. When he exited the vag he looked straight at Melanie and said 'Howairyee mammy?'. He's v v advanced for his age.

• Haha
Reactions: 22

oicheliath

She's also "non-European" yet ordered her book from Easons (Irish book shop).

And she wrote "amn't". AMN'T! What a hilarious give away :LOL:

With this in mind, can we take a moment to realise that Melanie wrote the following words to herself: "You are literally saving lives".

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
I keep thinking of all the women who leave hospital without their baby when they go in to give birth,
I’ve always disliked this girl but I didn’t think she would ever be this tone deaf and idiotic.
I haven't watched the video and don’t intend to so thank you to this thread for the summary 👍🙂

• Sad
Reactions: 20

Fire_starter

I am also prompted by fury to post my first comment. Obstetrics is not a profession for the faint hearted (I don't work in it!). There is a very fine line between a good and a bad obstetric outcome, which often is related to time, hence why I think policies such as 1 hour limit on pushing would be in place - to protect babies. I struggle to fathom people who prioritise their own feelings about birth and their own desire to force it to be a beautiful stress-free experience ahead of the baby's welfare. People like Melanie bemoan the 'medicalisation of pregnancy' and like to state that pregnancy is not a medical condition - sure, it's not a medical condition, but it greatly increases the risk of other medical conditions. It's childbirth, not a spa treatment - women have died in it for centuries, and those of us living in first world countries are privileged that morbidity and mortality in childbirth is at an all time low due to medical advances.

It's not a guaranteed right for a baby to be born healthy. It's infuriating that because Melanie's baby thankfully was, she blindly berates the medical team for the steps taken along the way, without seeing that ironically it is these very steps that will have delivered her a healthy child (which she has just presumed is a given). I'm not saying that doctors can literally do whatever they please as long as a well baby is delivered, but successfully using a forceps and avoiding a potential time delay to theatre (and avoiding major surgery) does not sound terribly rogue. Her description of her consent for vacuum delivery as 'sleepy' is also annoying. I thought you were full of energy and up for pushing away indefinitely? :rolleyes:

• Heart

Dearreader

VIP Member
She's so passionate about what's happened in Poland but couldn't fly home to vote for repeal the 8th?

Nah that post was for engagement/woke cookies nothing more.

• Heart

lena234

I’m so glad Melanie is the first woman to go through motherhood! Delighted with her BA or masters in Education she’s just discovered that baby’s develop differently! Thank goodness for Mel the only mother in the world whom can teach the rest of the world what’s it’s like being a first time mother especially to baby pan, who for yous who didn’t know was born during a pandemic xxxx

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Hi, please excuse the name I couldn’t come up with anything. Ive been following this for a while after coming across Melanie Murphy a few years ago and you folks are very astute.
I am in a line of work that would make this unprofessional so this is coming from me the person and not me the professional. Melanie is a brilliant, almost textbook, example of narcissistic personality disorder. Unfortunately, as is the nature of a narcissist this thread is also giving her supply. They will get particularly angry if they feel caught out which explains her erratic posting recently as you are all catching on.
I feel a great sadness for her child, who won’t know real love from a mother because she isn’t capable of it. She will use him for her online presence as he serves her mask and the face she wants everyone to see. It is also likely that both parents are narcs, or senor baldy is an enabler. her constantly signalling her supposed empathy is her internal shame (common) forcing her to say this to convince herself. She knows she is the opposite.
it’s a very sad situation, I wasn’t bothered until she had that baby. Narcissistic parents inevitably will cause their children great pain.
As she reads this: I am sure you are furious at being seen for what you are. Please get therapy FOR narcissism. Do it for the sake of your child and the damage you will cause if you don’t learn the correct behaviours. Get offline and, seriously, get help. People are seeing you.

• Heart
  • Wow

Dearreader

VIP Member
I see they're going for the mental health narrative that Melanie advocates for in relation to COVID as well. Mental health awareness is so important and I understand that being active/going to the gym helps people feel better.
HOWEVER, the mental health argument could be used as a counterargument as well. Losing your parents, your grandparent, your friend, sibling or partner to COVID can wreak havoc on your mental health, I know it has for me when I lost family members before. I'm sorry that his business and other businesses are struggling right now, I really feel for everyone! You can't bring someone back once they've passed away, however, if I'm anxious and I need to get active, I can opt for a workout at home or go for a walk, you don't necessarily need a gym right now (my opinion). The anxiety and depression caused by losing someone is a lot harder to 'fix'.
Exactly. I've started to look into online classes And exercises I can do at home. There are SO many options. So many. I picked up running again after years durning the first lockdown and have maintained it. You can keep the endorphins up by doing exercise at home or outside.

I feel for business I do but when they are grasping at straws making false arguments it's an issue.

I'll call a spade a spade here. Melanie is only bulling about the virus because she didn't get her showy wedding and milk content for a few months.Her husband's not working full time, she's stuck with the in-laws. She's just bitter.
Her life has been side lined JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSES. She makes 6 figures not having to leave her rent free attic- while everyone's feelings are relative to their situation she's extremely fucking privileged.

We are all suffering in ways but Melanie will do anything to swing her narrative. She cares about mental health my eye, mental health awareness day the other day and not a peep out of her to her loyal followers who might be struggling.

Mental health has always been her get out of jail free card for warranted criticism.

• Heart

Helmi

I am so frustrated with her lack of self-awareness. Yes, not that many women breastfeed. You know what are the main reasons for this?

1. Many new mothers eat too little to produce enough breast milk. And why is this? Because the society tells them that they need to bounce back as quickly as possible. And here is Melanie, parading on social media showing off her bod and creating even more pressure on new mothers. Shame on you, Melanie.

2. Breastfeeding locks mothers into their homes. You cannot really leave the child with the father or other caregiver if you need to feed the baby every hour. Pumping milk is also very time-consuming. And here is this influencer lying in bed in the attic of her parents-in-law with her husband (who is not working) telling how easy it is to find time to breastfeed. Well, good for you, since you never need to leave your bed.

3. Women are not taught how to breastfeed. This would be a great chance for her to share techniques and tips. But nope, of course she doesn't, because it all comes natural to her.

• Heart

Lollypopper

Body checking on her stories again, I can’t imagine how shit she would make me feel if I was a new mother struggling with body issues
"My belly is basically back to normal just softer" "I didn't even get a wrinky bellybutton" "I was very active and used loads of oil"

Sometimes you can't help getting stretch marks no matter what you do. This is so unhelpful

neens113

Chatty Member
Melanie and captain baldies Gym are ranting on Instagram right now about staying open, some people in the comments cancelling their membership. ( black rose gym)

Of course Melanie has liked the owners stance on keeping it open. 😂
I see they're going for the mental health narrative that Melanie advocates for in relation to COVID as well. Mental health awareness is so important and I understand that being active/going to the gym helps people feel better.
HOWEVER, the mental health argument could be used as a counterargument as well. Losing your parents, your grandparent, your friend, sibling or partner to COVID can wreak havoc on your mental health, I know it has for me when I lost family members before. I'm sorry that his business and other businesses are struggling right now, I really feel for everyone! You can't bring someone back once they've passed away, however, if I'm anxious and I need to get active, I can opt for a workout at home or go for a walk, you don't necessarily need a gym right now (my opinion). The anxiety and depression caused by losing someone is a lot harder to 'fix'.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
I mean this is the nicest way possible, and it’s by no means an attack on any members.

but have we really just got a new member who’s openly admitted to attending her last book signing, so clearly a fan,
who just so happens to have been standing beside the infamous Emma Duffy.

Na I can’t today, I’m tired yall 😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart

oicheliath

Melanie Murphy #5: 1.1 Diploma in Google Search with Distinction in Dangerous Medical & Science Misinformation 👩‍🎓🥇

• Haha

Dearreader

VIP Member
Has anyone seen the vlog "The emotional one (home at last) 2018

Melanie does a big giveaway of PR products
Asking people to comment down below with hearts.

Guess who won the glossy box? MILO 😂 he reached out via Instagram to thank Mel, how considerate.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow

rnpkr7829

“The band of my leggings helped in pushing the organs in place”... IS SHE FUCKING DENSE? She wore the leggings throughout the pregnancy, did it help push the baby further in? That’s not how it works!!!!!! She’s a moron!
Also I think her mental health stance is such bullshit. Gym membership isn’t exactly cheap and people who can afford it can definitely afford some home equipment. A lot of moms and full time employees are even unable to even join gym in regular times. This is a bullshit excuse.

• Heart

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
This thread has gone into weird territory,
Stop questioning new members to try and find out if they’re Mel or why they’re here 😂 it’s really off putting for new users, stop moderating other users posts, hit report and let staff deal with it so we don’t argue with each other.

Oh, and good morning 😬

• Heart