Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

janedoe24

There was someone on this forum in the #25 thread who wondered aloud if this epic Glo flop would garner new Tattle memberships from people who had previously liked and watched Lydia. It has. I am one of them. I am not British. I did not know about this forum. I do now.

After having several of my comments to Lydia deleted off of the Glo Instagram account and going unanswered in her YouTube comments section, I went to the web to research a place, a safe outlet, where I could vent my frustrations to people who clearly have been quicker on the uptake than I have.

I also DM’ed her once this week about the Ca’ Pietra limestone freebie post in Instagram Stories that brought her a backlash so intense she created a highlight reel featuring all of her ASA-based questions to fans. I asked her why she always had to publicly react with a tantrum every time fans called her out for getting something for free. Surely that’s old hat by now? I told her that her constant overreactions and defensiveness made her look petulant. I asked her to exercise a bit of grace. If she doesn’t like the comments, I asked her to buy the product herself to avoid them. If she wants to continue to get product for her own home for free from a UK-based stone company that in no way could bring any benefit to my life by way of recommendation, being an ocean away over here, I asked her to please rise above the consequences of those actions and to stop lashing out.

I thought that was the end of it. Then Glo. Where do I even begin? Luckily, there are so many sharp members here who have already spoken about many issues with the launch and the products proper – her fake inclusivity of the BIPOC community, the unwillingness to reveal the origin of manufacturing, the lack of market research and focus group testing, the environmental catastrophe that is bringing so much more plastic in bulk to the market, her two-faced approach to sustainability, her luxury attitude to her own lifestyle with her own use of top quality natural fabrics and yet her willingness to shill these cheap materials to others, the astronomical price point, the impact on her young, malleable followers – to name a few.

However, there is one point I saw in one comment on her YouTube channel that she actually liked back that, to me, made me angrier than anything else I’ve seen over the past 24 hours. It’s posted below for you to view yourselves. In the comment, the person said that just because people couldn’t afford Lydia’s product didn’t make it a bad product, that it’s “just something out of their reach.” Lydia liked that.

This is where she lost me. We need to talk about the class issue. The idea that Lydia participates in the trope that she belongs to an exclusive community of comfortably well-off pseudo-celebrities shows that she buys into an antiquated class structure that is predicated on her keeping people below her so that she may rise by profiting off of classes she views as beneath her. Her life is aspirational. Fine. But she is personally aspirational in that she is a social climber desperate to raise her status “read: class” to the detriment of others she views as in lowers castes. Do discuss. I’d love some feedback on this.

Now, it’s time to get personal. Originally, I wanted to be like Lydia. I have been following her for six years. I started a YouTube channel and an Instagram account to build a following to whom I could sell recommended products (though, admittedly, ones I actually liked and believed in) and benefit of off affiliate links and brand partnerships.

Though a successful professional with bachelor and masters’ degrees, the shiny prizes that her world proffered caught me in its wake. And, for a year, I participated in the fashion blogging/vlogging sphere. I am so ashamed that I didn’t see what I was perpetuating.

In the past 24 hours, I have questioned how I can do better than Lydia and contribute some good to the world instead of shilling more harm. I shuttered my YouTube account and my Instagram pages. I deleted my blog. I will never produce a photo of me with a product ever again. Actually, I’m going to ground and living off of my little savings until I can get a real job, for which my degrees prepared me. And my savings are so little because I was living above my means. The Jo Malone candles, the ceramic vases and pots, the props for Instagram flat lays, the camera and lighting equipment. I am so ashamed and embarrassed that this has been my aspirational life for years.

I hope your group will accept me here despite my past actions. I can’t believe I upheld Lydia on that pedestal on which she places herself. After this launch and all of the feedback and comments she, like me, has surely read, she should be curled in a ball in the corner crying tears of shame into her Dior and Louis Vuitton blankets. I’ve never felt freer to have been proven so wrong.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 157
1593171043700.png

Edit:

I wanted to take a moment to say thank you to everyone a small minority people for their kind words following the launch of GLO and our first, and probably last, collection.

All of your feedback is invaluable in helping me realise that this was an epic fail - although I already knew it would be (I was nervous for a reason).

What we've started in the last 24 hours is a huge opportunity to create something special, do better, be better and grow in realising that most of you are not as easy to scam as I had thought. Damn.

We are constantly learning and evolving GLO and everything we do, to make it better for you - especially white people.

Thank you again to the small minority of sheep for your kind words, for your continued support and understanding believing that my cheap tat is actually pure luxury.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 85

Elle Belle

Chatty Member
I was such a tired little slothy this morning. It was all go in the bungalow last night. Not Ali and I having sexy time. Not even Lumi bringing in her furry friends. The Glóby team had to get it together and regroup. In hindsight, we should have had at least one pre-launch meeting over the last 2 years, but you all know how busy I am tendering to my rose bushes, trying on linen dresses and stalking Josie's insta accounts. I'm not a self-proclaimed businesswoman after all. I don't even like business or meetings, I only like money. Ali likes to play dress up in suits with his fake briefcase sometimes. I keep it real though obviously. Linen for life.

I know I pretended I was so nervous before the launch, I wasn't really, I was just trying this humble thing out, but I honestly don't know what went wrong. This has been a disaster. I'll admit I've had many a fake tan disaster and may have hyped up my flawless tanning facilitation. You only need to look at my promo photographs on the Glóby website. I didn't think the sheep would actually spend time and look at these. I just thought they'd hit the 'buy it now' button which I made extra large, faster than I open a gifted parcel. I'll admit I was livid at first. I immediately sacked Ali and Cawwiee from being my husband and bestie. Then I went on a manic social media delete and block escapade. I thought I'd never be able to leave the bungalow again. That was my next social event on the 21st August 2029 cancelled then.

But now we've had chance to regroup, and Ali and Cawwiee have been telling me repeatedly how amazing and creative I am, I've concluded I don't care what the trolls say, they're just jealous. And after the rain comes the rainbow, just in time with my morning coffee. My independent tool kit is game-changing, some say genius, others innovative. Have you ever seen four hard-working tools before? And I'm not talking about my paid husband or 3 staff. I'm so popular across all of my 579 social media platforms, I can only concede that all the haters have been infected with COVID-19. Loss of smell and taste are profound symptoms. So loss of taste for luxury must be included in this too. Yes, this must be it. Even Josie, my arch-nemesis says how amazing it is, so that says it all really. With that weight of my shoulders, I bought myself a new H&M dress to cheer myself up. I'm still deciding what to do with the rest of my profits. A new house in the actual Cotswolds perhaps? How fuzzy and warm would all my sheep feel knowing they've helped contribute to my dream. I'm so good to them. It's my mission to empower and celebrate all women did you know? You'll see I've allowed everyone to buy the tool kit. I don't know what the haters are all moaning at saying Glóby is not inclusive. Everyone has skin duh! I've even ensured poor people can purchase it by only pricing it at £50. They're long-lasting products (as long as you don't use them) so it's not like they need to repurchase them.

At least I've gained popularity on here. But I do feel I have no other option, but to start charging you all subscription fees. Let's stick with £50. Per comment. I've decided from now on you can't talk about me without my permission. It says so in the terms and conditions, and these obviously trump all your human rights. Talking of Trump, he likes the orange look doesn't he? I wonder if he'd be interested in buying my Edit No. 1 Glóby. He's bound to love it. I'll just not tell him it's made in China obviously. I hear he's not really a big fan at the moment. I'll ask him to start promoting Glóby on Twitter. He loves a good tweet. That should get the sales up. I'll be doing wonders not only for him, but America as a whole. He's a pussy-hater so he needs to earn the respect back from women of all colours. And what better to flog them my products to coax, enhance and prolong glowing skin. The only problem is, whilst I'm extremely popular, I don't have his digits. Oh problem solved, I'm going to ask BoJo to raise it in his next weekly COVID-19 agenda, just like he did with the garden centres and cleaners. On second thoughts actually, maybe I am a businesswoman after all. My skin is now singing. My confidence is now swelling. This could be you too. Just swipe up and hit buy now.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 76

blue_orchid

VIP Member
With all due respect to those who are saying they feel sorry for her.....I'm sorry, but then you still haven't gotten it. We should be sorry for the people she knowingly schemed against and scammed. She's trying to act like a victim and do her usual pity party bullshit. There is evidence here that she bought her own PAIR of gloves from Boots a couple years ago for a pound or so AND wrote on her blog that she got some of this shit for a couple quid a few years back but then slaps her name on and marks this shit up to profit and fool others!?!?

You should have NO pity for someone who knowingly lied and tried to commit fraud. She's a scammer who is just trying to claim innocence when she tried to steal people's $ and got caught out. She was evasive and refused to claim the material makeup which later proved it was NO different from the same shit on Amazon and Superdrug. She lied it was made in the UK but then finally admitted on the website yesterday it was made in China.

She has also claimed numerous times when selling shit on Depop that the items are new and unworn with the labels attached, then people post videos and posts of her wearing the shit repeatedly e.g. the Gucci blazer and the Marni bag etc. She then marks up postage and shipping to astronomical prices to further scam people when the bloody Royal Mail cost a fraction of the price with insurance up to 2500 pounds.

The bitch is a pathological liar and this has been proven numerous times. Add on how she begs for shit online, gets freebies and never claims ads when it should be, and sells free, gifted items for the full price to others online. That is a THIEF. The ASA has contacted and investigated her before bc of her fraudulent ways. She's a conniving twat. End of.

And give me a break she designed that bag herself. None of the shit in the bag is worth what she claims either separately or together. I'd expect those prices from an established skincare brand selling in Harrods or Selfridges but even then it's too much. But her cheap shit mitts thrown in a cheap already looking faded black plastic bag?! With an ugly looking cheap zipper. Hell to the no.

She's full of shit and she's acting hurt because bottomline - she got called out on her lying and fraudulent scheme. Now she's trying to play the victim herself and try and save her disgusting reputation.

Well, she did this all herself. Well done, Lydiot!

She has been a beauty "guru" into skincare, body care, tanning and makeup for fucking years, so her trying to claim innocence with this scam then certifies this witch is not an influencer or guru of any kind if she claims cluelessness for the price this shit really sells for on market. Either way then she proves again to be a fucking fraud. Finally.

It's justice that yet another "influencer" taking advantage of innocent viewers and their hard earned cash is shown for the fraud she is- especially in a fucking pandemic when close to half a million have lost their lives and tens of millions have lost their jobs. There's a list of Youtube scam artist "influencers" that have done this to innocent customers. But to do this now of all times takes the cake. Vile and disgusting is an understatement.

Apologies for the rant but this is just criminal to me. What a dumb twat. She deserves all the fucking hate and questions she is getting from her followers that believed in her and gave their money willingly to.

• Heart
Reactions: 73
Confirmed it’s made in China...
ISO9001:2015 doesn’t mean a lot. 9001 is a Quality Management System - quality doesn’t just relate to a product, and it is absolutely NOT a QC management system (i.e. the product can still be craptastic and fall apart but come from an ISO9001:2015 accredited factory) - it’s Quality in the larger sense - that the factory has forms and procedures in place and can demonstrate it’s thought about things. Arguably, ISO14001 and 50001 are more important as they’re concerned with the environment and energy management, if she’s sooooo into sustainable products, this should have been at the top of her list (amongst other things!).
Sorry, boring bit of chat but by sticking this on the website, she’s clearly trying to pull the wool over people’s eyes by using technical waffle which actually isn’t that impressive.

• Heart
Reactions: 65

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
It’s like a car crash.

I’ve driven past but I keep looking back at the carnage. 😐

• Haha
Reactions: 65

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Hi babesssss!

It’s the Glo team gals here!!

Your feed back is SO important to us,

The GLO team of EMPOWERED babes have been so overwhelmed by the positive response to the Independence Day tool kit.

and it’s been super amazing seeing you all ordering out fabby, amazing,
empowering.....
polyester as fuck china mitts 😐
and let’s not forget, our “free gift with purchase” quality plastic black bag!!!

we are over the GLO moon with how successful this launch has been!!!
boss ass babes unite!

unfortunately our queen boss-babe Lydia (from the GLO team 😉)

Is on her period 🙁🙁 super sad face team!

And lumi has just beat up an old woman and pissed on the neighbours pampas grass, that silly silly moo moo.

so due to these unforeseen circumstances,
we’ve made the decision to turn off comments, even though they were all so super positive 😊 so positive nobody needed to monitor them or delete them!
(At GLO we say hell NO to deleting comments, we’re all about transparency and... like... empowering...things. 😬
if you think your comment has been removed, you’re wrong, and that’s just SO super strange that happened 😊)

because all that positive feedback from you lovelies was giving us ALL the feels and it’s just so, so overwhelming!
we’re going to take the weekend off, relax, unwind and..... scrub things, maybe tan an arm or half a leg, you know, 100mls worth. ☺

thank you all for being so wonderful!

As we copied and pasted already said one hundred and eighteen times, your feedback is just so important to us!! Obviously we'll ignore it but it’s super... empowering for you guys to think we give a fuck, right babes!

thanks lovelies!

The Globy team.
Minus Lydia.
Who’s down in the sex den eating dandruff and drinking wine.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64

Annaaa

Hi everybody! I have been reading your posts for some time and very much enjoying them :)
I just wanted to say this: I just watched her video "The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth about our home" where she talks about her wardrobe experience and how company was bad etc. to be able to write this. From 11.30 to 13 minutes she says: the communication broke down, they were not open for criticism and she was a fully paying customer trying to tell them what she was not happy with, they did not want to accept what she was not happy with. "I looked at the company for their face value and thought they were amazing and they turned out to be not that at all" - this is exactly what she did to her loyal followers with this disaster she calls successfull launch.

P.S. I am not following her on any platform, I don't even have instagram. I am just professionally interested in this whole influencer thing, that is occasionally observing their behaviour and people's reaction to it (I am a PhD student in psychology) and I am still very much confused why is so many people drawn to this emptyness, shalowness and lies she is the perfect example of. I really want to see what happens next. Also, English is not my first language so 😬.

• Heart
Reactions: 63
What erks me the most is you can’t just say you are a luxury brand because you want to be? There are spelling mistakes all over the website and marketing, it’s shoddy and embarrassing and so clearly not a luxury product! But Lidl would NEVER sell something at a reasonable price because she’s desperate to be seen as aspirational. Well, this disaster has shown her up for how stupid and incompetent she actually is. The fact ANYONE would give her £50 for this tat is baffling

• Sick

Muff_Puff

Chatty Member
Lidl didn't do much on Twitter to promote Glóby did she! Her pinned Tweet is still the one about H&M.

What's amused me is that from the few tweets I've found, people have tagged a Glóbylydia account which I created!!! 🤣🤣🤣

20200627_012208.jpg
20200627_012122.jpg
20200627_012050.jpg
20200627_013815.jpg

I made 3 accounts by the way. Just to stop Lidl getting the name. 😈

20200627_013711.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart

HarleyC

Can I just say I’m new here, and love this thread. Everyone is saying exactly what I feel! Hallelujah for having somewhere to express ourselves, somewhere where our comments don’t get deleted....

I hope Lidl (love this btw) finally gets a big reality check from this. She flaunts her lifestyle, her (free) expensive goods and her other expensive goods that she pays for with press discount like it’s the norm.

Having video titles like ‘WE NEARLY BOUGHT ANOTHER HOUSE!!’ and shit like this isn’t endearing, it’s showing off, and it’s been grating on me (and many others) for a long time. She’s the queen of catfish titles and her extremely long vlogs of not much are just a pile of showing off expensive free shit.

I think this flop of a launch is karma of some sort, trying to flog people ‘luxury’ when the majority of luxury she actually gets for free.

• Heart
Reactions: 62

Lola Faith

VIP Member
Best comment i read on the her youtube today said "my deepest condolences Lydia"

Globy is dead RIP

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60

toomuchstuff

VIP Member
Just because I didn't have much to do today I thought I would do a little research. :unsure:
Alibaba - now I couldn't find the exact same items but to just get an idea of how much she would have been paying to buy the items I thought it could be a good exercise to do. I am pretty pinickity so will try and just keep it simple but as you can see I am clearly fixating.
  • Nearly all items could be customised and I think you just had to buy more to get for same price
  • I assume these are American currency - will do a convert
  • I think most I picked are prices for 2000 items
  • I have attached another type of applicator that was a little more like hers also
  • Obviously I haven't included cost of shipping, taxes, duty etc
The glove scrubber and glove applicator - plenty of these around picked one where they came together 95c for both
The back scrubber - not so many of these so I just picked the closest I could find $1.60
The back applicator - plenty of these around, very nice looking $1.15
The bag - this was the hardest to find lots of different customisable bags so the closest I could get was a combination price of $4.00

So a total of $7.70 or 6.24 pound - now I have just found I could have done the whole thing in pounds, dozy me.
So she pays say 7 pound and sells for 50 pound that's a mark up of 700% - is that right??

Pointless exercise but it's good to get real facts, so we can whinge with some sort of authority ;) and I was bored.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 59

Sw4

VIP Member
Comments have been turned off on the Globy account...

So she is now blanket silencing everyone.

• Wow
  • Angry

dolly88

O please tell me again Lydia why anyone should pay £50 for a mitt that clearly isn’t doing it’s job! Tell me why anyone with common sense would use a tanning mitt to apply moisturiser and oil when we have hands to heat up the product and apply it ourselves? Try to convince me that this product isn’t a tanning kit and is inclusive to black women when you’re giving out a bottle fake tan with it and was originally called Independ(a)nt Tanner. Why are you lying about deleting comments which will inevitably lead people here? Do you really know which factories in China that your evolutionary tool kit was made in? Divulge- show us the manufacturing process. Convince me why I should choose your £50 kit when I can go and buy the luxe tanning mitt on the St Tropez website for £4. Tell me, what benefits will I get from applying my moisturiser with said mitt? Why is it that you’re asking your followers what the next step should be? Do you have a business plan in place, a marketing manager, any advisor of any kind? Your Instagram shows no pictures of the products just you touching yourself and playing with your hair with various white sheets - how does this translate to selling a tanning toolkit?

hahahhahaha idiot! What a shit show!!!

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow

Elle Belle

Chatty Member
Hi Lovelies,

This is my first post so I’m sorry if I’ve done it wrong!

I DM’d Lydia to say I felt bad for her because it must feel horrendous to be so slated but that I did think her explanation was half arsed and that she should maybe look at the team around her advising her. I was genuinely trying to look out for her as I think up until recently she has been ok.

I have received such a gas lighting and aggressive message back!!! Has anyone else received this??

I know I shouldn’t be But I’m a bit nervous she’s going to post my Instagram details for her minions to abuse me!!

Sorry for such a long post xxx

Don't be nervous 😘 She does this quite often so is unlikely to repost as she'll just get further backlash. Plus you're allowed to offer constructive criticism under freedom of speech. She often asks for opinions on polls so she can manipulate these to suit her agenda. This was her response to me, totally passive aggressive to a genuine opinion, although it seems quite tame in comparison to yours. I still got blocked though. All it did was drive me here and my eyes were opened to all her deception, like many other followers who have now followed suit.

966ED53B-C71F-4338-AAE3-2DFDDE7C1199.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry

Elle Belle

Chatty Member
I think the next thread title has to be -

Lydia Millen #27 They threw me to the wolves and I came out selling a back mitt

Courtesy of @matildaharrow 😘 Literally LMFAO 😂

• Haha
  • Heart