Lydia Millen # 26 - 50 quid for a mitt, a glove and a backscratcher in a plastic bag - Genius!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was such a tired little slothy this morning. It was all go in the bungalow last night. Not Ali and I having sexy time. Not even Lumi bringing in her furry friends. The Glóby team had to get it together and regroup. In hindsight, we should have had at least one pre-launch meeting over the last 2 years, but you all know how busy I am tendering to my rose bushes, trying on linen dresses and stalking Josie's insta accounts. I'm not a self-proclaimed businesswoman after all. I don't even like business or meetings, I only like money. Ali likes to play dress up in suits with his fake briefcase sometimes. I keep it real though obviously. Linen for life.

I know I pretended I was so nervous before the launch, I wasn't really, I was just trying this humble thing out, but I honestly don't know what went wrong. This has been a disaster. I'll admit I've had many a fake tan disaster and may have hyped up my flawless tanning facilitation. You only need to look at my promo photographs on the Glóby website. I didn't think the sheep would actually spend time and look at these. I just thought they'd hit the 'buy it now' button which I made extra large, faster than I open a gifted parcel. I'll admit I was livid at first. I immediately sacked Ali and Cawwiee from being my husband and bestie. Then I went on a manic social media delete and block escapade. I thought I'd never be able to leave the bungalow again. That was my next social event on the 21st August 2029 cancelled then.

But now we've had chance to regroup, and Ali and Cawwiee have been telling me repeatedly how amazing and creative I am, I've concluded I don't care what the trolls say, they're just jealous. And after the rain comes the rainbow, just in time with my morning coffee. My independent tool kit is game-changing, some say genius, others innovative. Have you ever seen four hard-working tools before? And I'm not talking about my paid husband or 3 staff. I'm so popular across all of my 579 social media platforms, I can only concede that all the haters have been infected with COVID-19. Loss of smell and taste are profound symptoms. So loss of taste for luxury must be included in this too. Yes, this must be it. Even Josie, my arch-nemesis says how amazing it is, so that says it all really. With that weight of my shoulders, I bought myself a new H&M dress to cheer myself up. I'm still deciding what to do with the rest of my profits. A new house in the actual Cotswolds perhaps? How fuzzy and warm would all my sheep feel knowing they've helped contribute to my dream. I'm so good to them. It's my mission to empower and celebrate all women did you know? You'll see I've allowed everyone to buy the tool kit. I don't know what the haters are all moaning at saying Glóby is not inclusive. Everyone has skin duh! I've even ensured poor people can purchase it by only pricing it at £50. They're long-lasting products (as long as you don't use them) so it's not like they need to repurchase them.

At least I've gained popularity on here. But I do feel I have no other option, but to start charging you all subscription fees. Let's stick with £50. Per comment. I've decided from now on you can't talk about me without my permission. It says so in the terms and conditions, and these obviously trump all your human rights. Talking of Trump, he likes the orange look doesn't he? I wonder if he'd be interested in buying my Edit No. 1 Glóby. He's bound to love it. I'll just not tell him it's made in China obviously. I hear he's not really a big fan at the moment. I'll ask him to start promoting Glóby on Twitter. He loves a good tweet. That should get the sales up. I'll be doing wonders not only for him, but America as a whole. He's a pussy-hater so he needs to earn the respect back from women of all colours. And what better to flog them my products to coax, enhance and prolong glowing skin. The only problem is, whilst I'm extremely popular, I don't have his digits. Oh problem solved, I'm going to ask BoJo to raise it in his next weekly COVID-19 agenda, just like he did with the garden centres and cleaners. On second thoughts actually, maybe I am a businesswoman after all. My skin is now singing. My confidence is now swelling. This could be you too. Just swipe up and hit buy now.
Thank you once again Elle Belle, enjoyed your witty post this morning over breakfast. What a night, what a launch, as my sister said "this tit is addictive (reading all the utube comments and posts on here) and it's better than Netflix".

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Thank you once again Elle Belle, enjoyed your witty post this morning over breakfast. What a night, what a launch, as my sister said "this tit is addictive (reading all the utube comments and posts on here) and it's better than Netflix".
Isn't it though? I can't make it past five minutes of her flogs but I can spend 3x that amount of time on here.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Almost feeling sorry for her now, she's so desperate she has deleted every comment under every photo on the glo account. She's totally unravelled!
I will admit I was starting to worry about her last night as I was reading all the negativity, I was becoming concerned this could really affect her mentally, others have possibly been feeling this too, hence the lovefest today. THEN I see her post this morning about the inexpensive cotton dress, realise she is as patronising and as out of touch as normal, so all my worries were for nought. ;)

Isn't it though? I can't make it past five minutes of her flogs but I can spend 3x that amount of time on here.
Actually, I only watch her now so I can come on here and read and post. ;)

Reactions: 25
At 7pm (UK) - there were 1,740 in stock.

At Midnight (UK) - there were 1,713 in stock.

20200627_000833.jpg

27 sold in 5 hours! 🙊

I'd like to make £1,350 in 5 hours just sitting on my arse!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
Well the negative comments on her YouTube keep rolling in, I wonder if the money will too!

Reactions: 5
Long timer lurker here. Today's launch will be the final straw for many of us. I too was once a fan and bought into wanting most things she advertised prior to her moving house. Then Lydia became smug, self obsessed and most of all dishonest with her viewers. Deleting negative feedback, not disclosing ads and gifted items properly...she completely lost my respect. How can people not see that she receives probably 90% of every single product in her life for free. And she then goes on to sell it all for profit on Depop! I really hope she's declaring this for tax purposes.
How can she say she purchased some items from a haul and used a voucher for others...then send half the haul back. Meaning that what she kept was free of charge?! I'm gobsmacked that a lot of her audience failed to pick up on this.
I'm actually in shock that she had the nerve to release such cheap tat. How can she claim to be luxury when she bought such generic stock and attached it logo to it for pence. The box looks cheap too so wouldn't have cost her a lot. I really hope people wake up to her nonsence and she isnt allowed to get away with it.

I've been hesitant to write on here as I didnt want to come across as a hater. But we aren't haters..we were all fans who saw through her bullshit. She's just proven herself to be a scammer.

I think her deleting comments means she is going to try and skim past this with as little acknowledgement as possible. That's not fair at all. She needs to start disclosing how much of her life is gifted and how much she pays for. She needs to stop banging on about how she is a creator. She has proven that formulating any ideas is out of her depth.

She was too cheap to create and produce a luxury product. She tried to scam her audience. I'm sick of her deception! And I'm fed up of her sheep calling anyone who gives her constructive feedback as being jealous. I'm pretty confident that most people who see Lydia for who she is could afford to spend £50 on a beauty product and afford luxury items in general! People are fed up of being lied to!

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Long time lurker, first time poster !! Here are some more comments for y’all.... please please PLEASE everyone tweet Angelika Oles to cover this, can’t wait to see this fallout....

Attachments

Reactions: 21
look at the ad I got served on that page, sums up Lidl perfectly! and Lydia, we will never for get your stripping in ibixa no matter how many times you use the word LUXE with that smug face
411ED39E-A3CE-44FE-85C9-ADB2575B3BE2.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Also just for a LOL, did anyone know there’s another brand called Glo which actually sells beauty products? Did her team not check?
B7B67699-4695-4CEE-96EC-F050D8921672.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
and THIS is why I have such a problem with Lydia.

HOW can she with such confidence post that she has received POSITIVE FEEDBACKS for the launch of Glo?.. sure, there may have been a couple of nice comments, and I literally mean 3, if lucky. But not once does she mention the amount of criticism and backlash she has received at all?

Staying PoSiTiVe because thats her "vibe" is absolutely bullshit.

When will she ever admit that sometimes she can be wrong or made a mistake? That is okay?

Lydia is the ONLY influencer I have ever come across who has never apologised to the public for her mistakes. She carries on as if she has never offended anyone or done anything wrong. She will always find an excuse to blame on others.

There are many influencers who would make an "apology" video or some kind of explanation whenever they receive backlash.. but Lydia? Instead ignore all the problems in her life because she could never do wrong. She actually has a serious problem. She thinks of herself as some kind of influencer queen, seriously stop. Who the hell do you think you are?

I wish I had this level of confidence, life would be much easier.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
STILL listing taxes separately, STILL has broken HTML code. I can’t even read what’s on the product page because the text is so light in colour.

Also just for a LOL, did anyone know there’s another brand called Glo which actually sells beauty products? Did her team not check?
View attachment 164327
yes, I’m fact we knew before Lydia did! Would recommend reading the old threads (sort by most liked comments) and you’ll see!!

Attachments

Reactions: 11
and THIS is why I have such a problem with Lydia.

HOW can she with such confidence post that she has received POSITIVE FEEDBACKS for the launch of Glo?.. sure, there may have been a couple of nice comments, and I literally mean 3, if lucky. But not once does she mention the amount of criticism and backlash she has received at all?

Staying PoSiTiVe because thats her "vibe" is absolutely bullshit.

When will she ever admit that sometimes she can be wrong or made a mistake? That is okay?

Lydia is the ONLY influencer I have ever come across who has never apologised to the public for her mistakes. She carries on as if she has never offended anyone or done anything wrong. She will always find an excuse to blame on others.

There are many influencers who would make an "apology" video or some kind of explanation whenever they receive backlash.. but Lydia? Instead ignore all the problems in her life because she could never do wrong. She actually has a serious problem. She thinks of herself as some kind of influencer queen, seriously stop. Who the hell do you think you are?

I wish I had this level of confidence, life would be much easier.
It will be a cold day in hell before she admits she's wrong on anything #narc

Reactions: 17
im kind of over the fact that she launched a crappy product, and the price point. I knew she would 100% over charge.
what i absolutely cannot believe is the unprofessional behaviour, borderline law-breaking actions & her ridiculous customer service and business ethics:
- she decided to remove taxes after receiving so much backlash on the price point so it looks cheaper to people who will go on the site to see what everyone is complaining about. I'm pretty sure this violates some sort of law within the UK that requires prices of products to be displayed INCLUSIVE of tax. Someone should report her if they have adequate knowledge in this.
- The pathetic website - i mean couldn't you hire a website developer? Check your code? Run a programme to pick out any grammar/spelling errors? FAILING AT BASICS
- Deleting comments and manipulating customer opinion - this can be seen as anti-competitive and illegal. By deleting honest customer opinions, she is misleading other potential buyers and this is definitely foul play!! (again, surely there must be a law against this? there is a reason companies cannot remove reviews from their websites?)
- Her returns policy - in this day and age, with such a competitive retail sector, how can you offer such a terrible returns policy, when your product is already over-priced and exaggerated? All customers will deviate to more reasonable perfect substitutes. She will not have any return customers, and people that purchase this will be blind sheep.
- the ultimate one - CLOSING THE COMMENT SECTION. LOL - talk about taking away the right to free speech. You want people to empty their pockets with their mouths closed. What an imbecile!!

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Yup and I think there is more than just this one. We were all over this naming fiasco well before launch day.
Oops sorry, bit late to the party over here! Only joined today ☺ I will spend some time tomorrow going over old threads 1) because I want to and 2) because it’ll be fun

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
Come on, don't you appreciate all the thought that went into the pleather bag ... I mean, the secret compartment to isolate the mold and the special velcro insert for (what was that for again)???? And those lovely elastic rings to hold the bottles upright until it is laid into your suitcase. Surely this took many months of testing and development!!!
"GAME CHANGING 3 ELASTIC THINGYS TO HOLD YOU ST. TROPEZ UPRIGHT"

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Lidl didn't do much on Twitter to promote Glóby did she! Her pinned Tweet is still the one about H&M.

What's amused me is that from the few tweets I've found, people have tagged a Glóbylydia account which I created!!! 🤣🤣🤣

20200627_012208.jpg
20200627_012122.jpg
20200627_012050.jpg
20200627_013815.jpg

I made 3 accounts by the way. Just to stop Lidl getting the name. 😈

20200627_013711.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.