Lydia Millen # 26 - 50 quid for a mitt, a glove and a backscratcher in a plastic bag - Genius!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi everybody! I have been reading your posts for some time and very much enjoying them :)
I just wanted to say this: I just watched her video "The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth about our home" where she talks about her wardrobe experience and how company was bad etc. to be able to write this. From 11.30 to 13 minutes she says: the communication broke down, they were not open for criticism and she was a fully paying customer trying to tell them what she was not happy with, they did not want to accept what she was not happy with. "I looked at the company for their face value and thought they were amazing and they turned out to be not that at all" - this is exactly what she did to her loyal followers with this disaster she calls successfull launch.

P.S. I am not following her on any platform, I don't even have instagram. I am just professionally interested in this whole influencer thing, that is occasionally observing their behaviour and people's reaction to it (I am a PhD student in psychology) and I am still very much confused why is so many people drawn to this emptyness, shalowness and lies she is the perfect example of. I really want to see what happens next. Also, English is not my first language so 😬.

• Heart
Reactions: 63
Hi everybody! I have been reading your posts for some time and very much enjoying them :)
I just wanted to say this: I just watched her video "The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth about our home" where she talks about her wardrobe experience and how company was bad etc. to be able to write this. From 11.30 to 13 minutes she says: the communication broke down, they were not open for criticism and she was a fully paying customer trying to tell them what she was not happy with, they did not want to accept what she was not happy with. "I looked at the company for their face value and thought they were amazing and they turned out to be not that at all" - this is exactly what she did to her loyal followers with this disaster she calls successfull launch.

P.S. I am not following her on any platform, I don't even have instagram. I am just professionally interested in this whole influencer thing, that is occasionally observing their behaviour and people's reaction to it (I am a PhD student in psychology) and I am still very much confused why is so many people drawn to this emptyness, shalowness and lies she is the perfect example of. I really want to see what happens next. Also, English is not my first language so 😬.
I think someone should mention this in a comment on one of her posts - I’ve no doubt she’ll delete it though, the silly moo moo

Reactions: 18
In her insta story this morning she says “I know nobody is having lazer hair removal at the moment”. She’s wrong, I am, so are many others who have an at home lazer hair removal machine/device. She is constantly in her own little bubble. She is extremely close minded and hasn’t got the intelectual ability to see that not everyone lives like her. The average person don’t get free treatements at beauty salons like her. Most people can’t even afford to pay the prices so some of us choose to do things at home. (By the way, my device was still £380, which I think is a huge amount of money, more than half my rent so had to save for it). Just because she isn’t getting lazer hair removal at a salon, doesn’t mean nobody else is doing laser treatments at home. She can’t put herself into someone else’s shoes, it’s a sign that a person lacks empathy for others and only thinks of themselves!
Her thinking others will part with £50 on a glove in a plastic bag is proof of this. She needs to be taught the value of money and the lifestyle of most of her viewers. I could buy 2 pairs of shoes or 3 meals in a posh restaurant for that amount and still have money left over to go to poundland and buy a PAIR of exfoliating gloves. (Still can’t get my head around her only putting one glove in the bag, you know, as humans do have two hands Lydia 😂🙈).

• Heart
Reactions: 20
In her insta story this morning she says “I know nobody is having lazer hair removal at the moment”. She’s wrong, I am, so are many others who have an at home lazer hair removal machine/device. She is constantly in her own little bubble. She is extremely close minded and hasn’t got the intelectual ability to see that not everyone lives like her. The average person don’t get free treatements at beauty salons like her. Most people can’t even afford to pay the prices so some of us choose to do things at home. (By the way, my device was still £380, which I think is a huge amount of money, more than half my rent so had to save for it). Just because she isn’t getting lazer hair removal at a salon, doesn’t mean nobody else is doing laser treatments at home. She can’t put herself into someone else’s shoes, it’s a sign that a person lacks empathy for others and only thinks of themselves!
Her thinking others will part with £50 on a glove in a plastic bag is proof of this. She needs to be taught the value of money and the lifestyle of most of her viewers. I could buy 2 pairs of shoes or 3 meals in a posh restaurant for that amount and still have money left over to go to poundland and buy a PAIR of exfoliating gloves. (Still can’t get my head around her only putting one glove in the bag, you know, as humans do have two hands Lydia 😂🙈).
Could she be dropping hints (again as she said this recently in a vlog) because Josie was recently gifted an at-home laser kit?

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 13

Such a valid point. I remember at the time of the wardrobe fiasco she made it quite clear that she had paid for them herself. Would she have made such a fuss about the issues she had with the wardrobe company if she had managed to get a discount from them or even got them installed for free? Would she heck! She would have given them a glowing review and lied about how brilliant everything was. She probably thought she'd get a discount by complaining.

Reactions: 17
Oh my... you wonderful ladies made some really valid points again!
Welcome to all of you who have seen Lydia for who she really is!
I just checked her Youtube Launch video and guess what? All the top comments this morning with hundreds of likes (200-300+ likes) have all disappeared!
She's making me so angry with what she is doing!
Someone posted earlier that what she is doing is clearly a violation of consumer rights.
I have honestly never disliked a person this much ever!
Ladies, I believe in Karma... this is truly the start of her downfall. We said it before, her popularity is starting to wane. Her fame will vanish as quickly as it started and it's all her fault. Look at how many lovely ladies have started to turn on her. Brands will soon drop her. Only an idiot would work with her.
Even bloggers in her industry dislike her. Worst of all, she is so unaware of how toxic she is.
She's deleting comments and that's got to be one of the lowest things I've ever ever seen her do.
What a sick woman.

• Angry
Reactions: 34
I have a feeling that Josie Fashion Mumblr is also getting her wardrobes from the same company that Lydia used! Obviously Lydia's opinion counts for a lot amongst her peers!! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Hi! Long time dweller but never posted.

I have followed Lydia for about 2 years and I think it was last Jan when I noticed she changed. Faux middle class is the absolute worst trait to have. If she just acted like she was grateful and admitted flaws then she would be relatable, but she is so detached that it's impossible to like her.

Do we think Ali is there for the "aesthetics" too because there is no way that they are a romantic couple.

This bag and mitt launch too is absolutely hilarious! Can't wait for Monday's rant about it. Again, admit you messed up and I'll have sympathy, though we all know she will ignore it.

Love this thread btw. It's taken over my day 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Hi - I’ve recently found tattle but have followed Lydia for a while. Whilst I saw the occasional negative comment about her on her YouTube videos, most people seemed to enjoy watching her. So the times she addressed “bullying” I didn’t really know what she was referring to. There was a period - probably when she got the new house up until Lynx went missing - that I began to find her extremely materialistic on another level. Since Lynx was lost I thought she did show more personality and became a bit more fun again. But anyway, this is a long intro to say that whilst I was disappointed with the launch/product/marketing/etc etc I did actually buy it! Since then I have been reading these threads and feel like such a fool. I don’t want to add to the amount of plastic crap that is made in this world. And I actually do a fine job of fake tan without her kit. So why did I do it? I am actually embarrassed to have been taken in. Urgh. Lots of people mention her other scams. For someone new here would you be able to give a synopsis of why she is scammy? Or should I just take this as her first offence and a highly misjudged mistake on her part!?

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I wonder what the other floggers make of this? The likes of Claire Chanelle, ITF,Amelia etc..they surely read the comments saw her vlog etc

I would LOVE to be a fly on the wall and see what Claire has said about this. I bet she'll break her waters laughing at her 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I have a feeling that Josie Fashion Mumblr is also getting her wardrobes from the same company that Lydia used! Obviously Lydia's opinion counts for a lot amongst her peers!! 😂
I thought that too, they have done a few bloggers and instagrammers wadrobes. It's funny they don't have pictures of Lydias on their website after all her bitching 😂

Reactions: 6
https://lydiaelisemillen.com/2018/07/my-secrets-to-the-perfect-tan-every-day/ 🙊🙊

" I then take my trusty exfoliating mitt"- It's a St Tropez one, in case you were curious

OH IT GET'S BETTER:

" I always opt for an exfoliating mitt over any other form of exfoliation. Scrubs tend to leave a residue on your skin that can affect tanning application and loofah brushes can be way too harsh, sponges lack control and basically, the mitt just works! It's as if you were applying moisturiser to your whole body plus they cost £1 which is just fab! "

oh hahahahaha

"Your choice of mitt is also very important. I've recently discovered double sided mitts that have a more velour type texture to be the best, the blending capabilities are exceptional, they last a lot longer and because they are double sided, should any tan spill onto the other side, it doesn't seep through onto your hands and stain. I then use a revolutionary contraption from Model co. to tan my back because this girl don't need no man to tan her back that is, to take the bins out however, she definitely does Mr Millen-Gordon don't get any ideas."

Oh Lydia *face palm*
Less than two years ago, remember, when she started with the idea and testing her products!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
completely agree! she was probably quite fun and down to earth 10 years ago. if someone wants to do that in Ibiza, then more power to them (as long as its the woman's choice for her own body rather than anyone else's)

i just think its hilarious (and quite tragic) to think that that is the true lydia - its so fake now, trying to pretend she is a lady of luxury and class. she wants to forget about her past so badly and i just think thats a terrible message for any consumer of her content
I so agree with this! I personally enjoy Lydia the gardener... afterall, gardening is good for the soul. 😉 I love the idea of trying to be more eco-friendly and seeing how others try to translate this philosophy into their lives. I get that interests and likes change and we are all evolving and hopefully growing to be better people. That's relatable to me. This launch just honestly through me for a loop.

Lydia... if you read here... as an influencer, you had such an awesome opportunity and you completely wasted it by trying to pass off junk as luxury just to further line your pockets. I'm so disappointed. I think you could have done so much better. If you honestly thought this was an amazing, game changing idea, I'm sad for you. I hope you can regroup and do better next time.

Reactions: 8
I only signed up with this website so I could release how I feel....
I would have felt sorry for Lydia, only that she clearly thinks she’s smarter than her following, but she’s evidently the stupid one. She’s so clearly trying to con us out of money and branding her product as luxury when the material composition is the same of a £1 glove from alibaba. Then when people give her crap about the fact it’s a tanning product and only targeted towards white people, she tries to be innovative and says ‘ it’s for moisturiser too’ who the hell puts moisturiser on their glove? That was a panic response. Then changed the name and took tanner out of it. Her team are clearly stupid and she obviously didn’t invest a lot of money into the marketing of this cause it was a disaster. Nor did she have a focus group I bet cause she thinks she knows it all. How can her, Ali and her 3 employees be so stupid? And why do you need 3 employees you’ve not even got 1m followers? That’s just throwing money away cause you’re lazy and pretend like you ‘ work hard’ when you do duck all for yourself. I would consider her a con artist tbh and a complete narcissist who displays a disgusting level of consumerism.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Hi - I’ve recently found tattle but have followed Lydia for a while. Whilst I saw the occasional negative comment about her on her YouTube videos, most people seemed to enjoy watching her. So the times she addressed “bullying” I didn’t really know what she was referring to. There was a period - probably when she got the new house up until Lynx went missing - that I began to find her extremely materialistic on another level. Since Lynx was lost I thought she did show more personality and became a bit more fun again. But anyway, this is a long intro to say that whilst I was disappointed with the launch/product/marketing/etc etc I did actually buy it! Since then I have been reading these threads and feel like such a fool. I don’t want to add to the amount of plastic crap that is made in this world. And I actually do a fine job of fake tan without her kit. So why did I do it? I am actually embarrassed to have been taken in. Urgh. Lots of people mention her other scams. For someone new here would you be able to give a synopsis of why she is scammy? Or should I just take this as her first offence and a highly misjudged mistake on her part!?
Well when you receive it please come on here and let us know how it is.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.