Lydia Millen # 26 - 50 quid for a mitt, a glove and a backscratcher in a plastic bag - Genius!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She needs reporting for the VAT pricing for sure. Uk VAT should be included in all product advertised with the exception of ‘trades’ accounts where a business sells to traders who will claim the VAT back. Even then, both prices should be advertised. It should NOT be advertised without VAT to ordinary customers in the UK. Her website should be geo- targeted per country to avoid this which is easy to do if she had half a brain or ‘team’ of people.

Secondly, why the hell is P&P different in the UK? What a joke!!!

ThirdThose replies she giving people aren’t passive aggressive, they’re just plain aggressive!! She’s like a tantruming child!

And I see she’s still not address why these plastic gloves and bag from China are luxury? Just the usual, ‘duh you idiot subscribers (who got me where I am and line my pockets) it’s YOU that is not understanding!’

Lydia is her own target market and yet she is a tight as they come when it comes to spending her own cash. And this is why having your whole life gifted to you has been her downfall.

She does not pay for anything and would not spend her own money on this tat, not £50 at least, yet because she no longer understands the concept of value for money because everything is a freebie, she thinks she can slap on a big price tag and people will fall for it. Well guess what, people with money to spend also like value and tend to have that kind of disposable income because they’re wise with money! They want quality and value and we WILL pay for it if we can see why a product is priced where it is. And just because we’re not willing to pay £50 for Chinese plastic that costs pence, doesn’t make us poor jealous trolls who aren’t in your target audience!

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Just because I didn't have much to do today I thought I would do a little research. :unsure:
Alibaba - now I couldn't find the exact same items but to just get an idea of how much she would have been paying to buy the items I thought it could be a good exercise to do. I am pretty pinickity so will try and just keep it simple but as you can see I am clearly fixating.
  • Nearly all items could be customised and I think you just had to buy more to get for same price
  • I assume these are American currency - will do a convert
  • I think most I picked are prices for 2000 items
  • I have attached another type of applicator that was a little more like hers also
  • Obviously I haven't included cost of shipping, taxes, duty etc
The glove scrubber and glove applicator - plenty of these around picked one where they came together 95c for both
The back scrubber - not so many of these so I just picked the closest I could find $1.60
The back applicator - plenty of these around, very nice looking $1.15
The bag - this was the hardest to find lots of different customisable bags so the closest I could get was a combination price of $4.00

So a total of $7.70 or 6.24 pound - now I have just found I could have done the whole thing in pounds, dozy me.
So she pays say 7 pound and sells for 50 pound that's a mark up of 700% - is that right??

Pointless exercise but it's good to get real facts, so we can whinge with some sort of authority ;) and I was bored.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 59
I’m now just waiting for the baby to come along:

A) for the sympathy vote so people stop being meanies to her
B) because the launch of her brand was a floppy mess
C) she needs news content
D) Ali will probably have to hop on her and give her some sympathy sex to take her mind off the tit show that is her life
Do we believe they actually have a physical relationship? There’s absolutely zero body language that would suggest it.

Long time lurker, old time occasional GG poster. Does she still have no management?

(although would anyone take her on?)
She would have to pay a percentage to a management company. Guess she feels that paying Cawwie minimum wage ( with the promise of being her plus one on press trips) is a better option for her , plus she gets a cook and groupie thrown in for the same price so 🤷🏽‍♀️

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
My sincerest of apologies @Noseyparker30 . I truly meant no disrespect. Clearly, I am hot under the collar from Lydiot's latest scam. And I am truly sorry for the suffering your family member endures as well as yourself and your other loved ones watching them suffer.

Working in the psych field myself where diagnosing and treatment is part of what I do, I am extremely careful to label someone as truly and clinically mentally ill unless I have done an extensive in person clinical psych evaluation. I appreciate your being so intuned and understanding that there could be more deep seated actual clinical issues here because you have personal experience yourself. You're right, there may be.

However, in my experience, most people that scheme, fraud and scam people out of $ in this world do not do so because they are actually clinically mentally ill. There is no underlying motive, hidden agenda by those with true psychiatric illness. They do not consciously choose, plan, and execute ways to profit off others like this twit has. They have no choice in the matter of mental illness and I respect them and the strength they have to live with such an illness.

Sadly, there are many people that are just blatantly greedy and scam artists and it is them who I take issue with. They are just plain gluttons and want $ so much they will blatantly disregard the harm they do others to get rich. There is a pattern of this with numerous Youtubers now and they are not all mentally ill, they're just frauds trying to steal from innocent customers. It's purely them seeing a monetary opportunity for themselves to get rich by taking advantage of people that have become loyal followers on this social media platform.

Again, I have the utmost respect for people with true clinical mental illness which is why I have dedicated my life working in the psych field for over 20 years now so I can do all I can to help. I have respect for your family member who has struggled to live with mental illness and you and your family who also must be greatly affected witnessing and being on this journey with them.

I just do not see Lydiot in the same category as your family member which is why I have no respect for her. I may be completely wrong though but I will never know because I will never have the opportunity to clinically evaluate and diagnose her.

More importantly though, I sincerely apologize to you or anyone else that feels sorry for her and I rudely declared you did not get it. That was wrong of me and I truly apologize. I just get highly upset when innocent people have been taken advantage of. In my line of work, I've seen the aftermath of victims of this so get very passionate and clearly riled up and pissed off about it. I need to watch my words though. Again, I am sorry.
It's all good @blue_orchid . I'd had a bad day yesterday after a tough time with said family member so when you said "you haven't gotten it" I was triggered! I'm mostly a lurker here because I agree 100% with what everyone says! Believe me, I've gotten it and I too was a sucker once and bought a cult beauty box. My eyes have been opened for a few years now.

I completely understand she doesn't have a clinical evaluation to her name (that we know of...) but I see so much it's hard for me not to draw comparisons with my relative.

Absolutely she is a scammer as well. But again, with her personality traits she's not thinking straight - how can she not see her product stands for everything the opposite of what she preaches right now? How can she think people are so stupid not ask where it was manufactured? How can she think that marketing strategy would work? How can she think that excuse would be accepted?

Everyone around her has a lot to answer for. I think carrie could be a lovely person but put her together with Lydia and they are both an uncontrollable beast who see £ signs in every view. If you monetise your life to that extent the whole world is a potential £ sign and you lose all sense of authenticity.

I'm going to watch Patricia Bright to see a real "boss babe".

And I agree with everyone feeding back and reporting etc. Because she can't go on accepting that what she is doing is right.

Reactions: 25
I am just gobsmacked at this tit show.... what LUXURY brand does a photo shoot in their backyard a day or two before launch? After advising they have been “creating and designing” their product for 2 years? YOU haven’t created tit!! You ordered tat from CHINA and had them sew on crappy labels? A black ”tan tool kit” with a WHITE LOGO????

wtf 🙄 and this absolute bullshit about delaying the launch due to Covid and BLM is more utter bullshit... her China suppliers prob had shipping issues and or they sewn her labels and branding wrong or something.... she prob threw a fit and had to re order but couldn’t tell us that as she didn’t want us all to know IT WAS FROM CHINA. bleeping Miss I’m so perfect and wouldn’t ever use anything but bleeping linen and silk and whatever tries to sell us little people a pile of plastic tat??? lol 😂 Greed will always show itself in the end
CAWEEEEEEE did you not advise??
what riled me the most is seeing the insta page with nothing but posing vids and pics of her???? 🤮
You think if Miss Coco Chanel herself were alive she would sprawl out on a bench and pose to sell her clothes?? Tacky
and self absorbed and attention seeking. It’s about the PRODUCT not you. Who the duck puts videos up of themselves instead of product, at least be holding or using the tit 😂😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
Claire Chanelle, also previously known as IamChoquette or something like that. I don't follow her but know of her.
Off Topic but Claire is lovely btw- I once sent her a message not expecting a reply at all and we chatted back and forth. Let’s get Claire’s numbers up to piss Lydia off!!!

Reactions: 16
Tattlers just want to say that I love the fact we can discuss and debate on here freely. Great respectful exchange Blue Orchid and Noseyparker.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
really wow what was the convo?
Can’t really say in detail without outing myself but i just sent her a DM about one of her Hermes pictures, it was a general statement along the lines of “I love that colour!” so not a question or anything so she didn’t have to reply. Was very surprised when she replied to me and we had a little back and forth about Hermes colours. Was very lovely that she took the time to reply and I love her even more considering Lydia hates her! 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I think Lydia’s reaction to the feedback she is receiving and how she is handling the launch just shows how being an influencer can stunt certain personality types. Can you imagine real businesses speaking to people like this- they would all go bust. Lydia seems to think she is better than everyone, only she is allowed an opinion. God help any other strong women or man who voices theirs. She has shown she is shallow, immature and motivated by money. She has no passion for what she does if she did she would have put up a raw vlog dealing with what has happened. It would have been better to show some real emotion and disappointment rather than looking like a robot just regurgitating information that has not helped remedy the problems she is facing. Why not face the criticism head on. Why not speak passionately about a brand you believe in? I’ll tell you why, she doesn’t believe in it, she just wants the coinage. She didn’t even do a giveaway for fans did she? She had the time to limit the damage but chose to be an arsey little witch. What’s that I hear, oh it’s the sound of your once devoted fans dropping away and marching towards this site for further enlightenment!

Reactions: 29
Thanks for the thread!🌺
Looking forward to people getting their orders delivered🤩 Current sales are not final after all.
Also, I highly doubt she will sell out. Her only chance was right after the announcement.
And I think the majority of those orders come from micro-influenzas who plan on posting a review to attract some of her following to their accounts.
Using one of the most liked posts from the last thread as a title :)

Continue here with the Glo by Lydia saga

2'300 glo by Lydia sets were put up for sale

490 sold in 19 hours

1'810 remain

850'000 people follow her
2300 is not that many units (too many, it seems). Maybe she actually had a clue that that ridiculous “absolutely incredible” Globy thing would be about as popular as that other recent import from China - the Wuhan one.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I did a quick Google again as I deleted my last images. All these prices are retail so the cost price will be much, much less. AliExpress has the mitt set, but you can buy each piece for about about 62p wholesale (if you buy 1,000s), from memory. The bags are widely available for a few pounds. The Harrods one is £25 and that comes from an established luxury brand with decades of history....and the cost price for that would only have been a few pounds with their mark up on top.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Tattlers just want to say that I love the fact we can discuss and debate on here freely. Great respectful exchange Blue Orchid and Noseyparker.
@Uninfluenced observer contrary to what Lydia spouts, we are not the trolls! We are well educated, well experienced people who know how to converse with each other. We don't need to resort to deleting each others messages or blocking each other. Something she can learn from!

• Heart
Reactions: 32
We knew it was going to go this way, but miss boss babe with her degree in retail marketing has shocked me that she's fucked it to this level.

We've all said she's a narcissist and this has confirmed it, I also think she has some kind of personality disorder. She promotes love and light, kindness, don't be mean, be forgiving. Basically everything she is not, and as much as it might damage her mental health if this carries on, it really should be outed because it is costing innocent people money now. We've seen how she speaks to her followers, and these are now her customers. Very very shortsighted, because if she is to release further products, wouldn't you want repeat customers?

Last week I saw a pair of earrings featured on Amelia Liana's birthday vlog, and I bought them and a few other pairs from this little independent seller, who wrote on her instagram that once she was featured her orders blew up in minutes. I messaged her because I wanted to change my order, she emailed back straight away, took the time to chat a minute, and when I received my order there was a personal note in it and it was wrapped beautifully.

That's an example of a small business wanting to look after their clients, being grateful for them, and wanting them to come back.

Lydia would never do that, she's so far up her own arse to realise that she ain't all that.

Be prepared for the crying vlog that is coming where she's suffering depression from all the trolls (that means anyone who has left a less than glowing comment or messaged her an innocent question). She may use that as an excuse to withdraw Globy and say she cannot carry on with her own brand due to the relentless persecution of the trolls, queue supportive messages from Lorna Luxe etc.

I can see it happening!

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Also how in the name of sweet Jesus did it take her two years to come up with this brand? It’s black, no intricate patter, no imagination. You buy the product in bulk, so no worries about any patterns/designing/production. Her name is Lydia, the brand features this on the bag and box- hardly takes much imagination to come up with ‘ love Lydia’ unless she struggled to define in her own mind what love means.
No innovative materials used either so WTAF?
I did wonder if Carrie the house elf had been feverishly stitching away in the scullery but that’s doesn’t seem to be the case either.
I truly am at a total loss, this is certainly no boss lady, this is:
the queen of not giving a toss, which now shows as she’s making a real loss, full of shade for the fans she made, who are mad as hell with her fad of a product that’s not gone so well!

Reactions: 20
Good morning! Hope you are all ok. I was until I popped onto p2 of Josie's thread, only to see that they think this thread is 'pretty toxic ', unfriendly to newcomers and they don't want too many of us over there....😭😭😭

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
I did a quick Google again as I deleted my last images. All these prices are retail so the cost price will be much, much less. AliExpress has the mitt set, but you can buy each piece for about about 62p wholesale (if you buy 1,000s), from memory. The bags are widely available for a few pounds. The Harrods one is £25 and that comes from an established luxury brand with decades of history....and the cost price for that would only have been a few pounds with their mark up on top.
Might want to crop out your amazon name and location at the top of the amazon pictures x

Reactions: 4
Off Topic but Claire is lovely btw- I once sent her a message not expecting a reply at all and we chatted back and forth. Let’s get Claire’s numbers up to piss Lydia off!!!
She was very nice when she replied to two questions that I had and even found a code for me to use. I have purchased numerous items that she has shown and reviewed. I like her style and I used to like Lydia's style but her current look is gawd awful. But what I really dislike is her use of filters and the photoshop of photos. She has some young followers and the life she portrays is fake and sends the wrong message. Almost every idea she has is actually copied from someone else.

Reactions: 11
It's all good @blue_orchid . I'd had a bad day yesterday after a tough time with said family member so when you said "you haven't gotten it" I was triggered! I'm mostly a lurker here because I agree 100% with what everyone says! Believe me, I've gotten it and I too was a sucker once and bought a cult beauty box. My eyes have been opened for a few years now.

I completely understand she doesn't have a clinical evaluation to her name (that we know of...) but I see so much it's hard for me not to draw comparisons with my relative.

Absolutely she is a scammer as well. But again, with her personality traits she's not thinking straight - how can she not see her product stands for everything the opposite of what she preaches right now? How can she think people are so stupid not ask where it was manufactured? How can she think that marketing strategy would work? How can she think that excuse would be accepted?

Everyone around her has a lot to answer for. I think carrie could be a lovely person but put her together with Lydia and they are both an uncontrollable beast who see £ signs in every view. If you monetise your life to that extent the whole world is a potential £ sign and you lose all sense of authenticity.

I'm going to watch Patricia Bright to see a real "boss babe".

And I agree with everyone feeding back and reporting etc. Because she can't go on accepting that what she is doing is right.
@ Noseyparker30 I know easier said than done but never forget to dedicate serious self-care and nurturing. The energy it takes is exhausting and depletes from your own spirit. I wish your relative well and they are lucky to have family like you there for them. I hope you take good care of yourself too. Glad we could chat and are okay.

P.S. so funny you mention Patricia Bright, I watched maybe bits of one video of hers a few months ago but started watching several of her videos of hers for the first time yesterday. You are so right. My God what a difference between Lydiot and her! Patricia is bright, funny and seems very sincere. She even came out with a book apparently? She's very focused on female empowerment and focuses on lifting other young women up - apparently does a lot of charitable work but says she doesn't feel the need to share that with the world? How different from Lydiot who claimed all the tit she would do for the animals in the Aussie wildfires, NHS workers, homeless etc. yet jack tit to show for it. I watched over 10 of her videos in a row honestly and though late to the party, am now subscribed to Patricia Bright's channel. She's a true influencer clearly, unlike Lydiot..

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.