Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Tonyreno99

https://lydiaelisemillen.com/2018/07/my-secrets-to-the-perfect-tan-every-day/ 🙊🙊

" I then take my trusty exfoliating mitt"- It's a St Tropez one, in case you were curious

OH IT GET'S BETTER:

" I always opt for an exfoliating mitt over any other form of exfoliation. Scrubs tend to leave a residue on your skin that can affect tanning application and loofah brushes can be way too harsh, sponges lack control and basically, the mitt just works! It's as if you were applying moisturiser to your whole body plus they cost £1 which is just fab! "

oh hahahahaha

"Your choice of mitt is also very important. I've recently discovered double sided mitts that have a more velour type texture to be the best, the blending capabilities are exceptional, they last a lot longer and because they are double sided, should any tan spill onto the other side, it doesn't seep through onto your hands and stain. I then use a revolutionary contraption from Model co. to tan my back because this girl don't need no man to tan her back that is, to take the bins out however, she definitely does Mr Millen-Gordon don't get any ideas."

Oh Lydia *face palm*

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
I actually feel embarrassed for her. The girl is a narcissist and has delusions of grandeur to such a level she doesn't understand the reality of the situation.

I don't know what is worse - living like that or having people around you that actually facilitate this horrendous personality disorder? Carrie and Ali really should be ashamed of themselves for not intervening. That, or she is that much of a domineering fool she overruled them. I'm actually lost for words at how bad this is.

• Heart
Reactions: 55

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Hey GLO guys and GLO gals...
and all our fab online friends, 😬 you know, depending on what you identify as, here at GLO we’re inclusive ☺ #welistened #beforeclosingoffallcomments

you may have noticed we’ve had to limit the amount of Independence Day tool kits you can buy!
You guys have clearly loved our products so much you’re attempting to buy them in the hundreds!

(Obviously in order to get two gloves, one for each hand 🙂 you would need to buy TWO Independence Day tool kits)
But you cheeky little moo moo’s have been trying to buy 700 hundred plus kits!!
Yes, That’s what I did on aliexpress!
But at GLO, we say NO to discount bulk buying, and we’re also a bit upset (sad face from the GLO team) that the ability to check our stock levels really shows how shit our launch has been 🤦‍♀️

how did you independent empowered women spend your Saturday morning?!
buffing you’re pits? Just WAIT until you can buff with GLO!
game changing. literally the dream, the pits of dreams.

leave us a comment on our Instagram... scratch that, that’s on lockdown.
have a fab Saturday Glo Guys and Gals!

And keep.... being empowered and stuff.

the Globy team.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55

mooney

omg, watching that -- she truly believed she would sell out ASAP. "thousands of replies, more mentions than i can count." She 100% thought she was god's gift and whatever she put out would go over well. "hopefully brands will come to me and say they want to stock in" lmfaooooo.

it also bothers me that she says shes the biggest underdog -- shes a white woman from a wealthy family. fuck outta here lidiot.

• Haha
Reactions: 53

Yel

Chatty Member
Using one of the most liked posts from the last thread as a title :)

Continue here with the Glo by Lydia saga

2'300 glo by Lydia sets were put up for sale

490 sold in 19 hours

1'810 remain

850'000 people follow her

• Haha
  • Heart

Yel

Chatty Member
If she just sold it for £20 she could have still made a ridiculous influencer markup profit of £12ish a box sold. Then sold out and could be relaxing now without her reputation in a mess. Instead she wanted to make an obscene £42ish profit per box. She won't lose money on this, but she will damage her reputation and in the long run this will cost her dearly.

I really don't like the comments "Lydia I think your PR agency is failing you". As if Lydia was forced to do these scams and it wasn't all of her own free will that she willingly did despite knowing it was shady AF.

I stopped using plastic scrubbers years ago. All that microplastic is no good and you can get 100% natural and biodegradable brushes that I think work better (although there's some debate if the adhesive is biodegradable but at least the bristles, handle and bulk of it is).

LilyMaxy

She said I was vile and I was unnecessarily cruel and a troll that I had no life.
She was then typing but I bottled it and blocked her response (I’m ashamed to say I didn’t want any more aggression I was trying to be nice 🥴)
I’m sure if I unblock her there will be more but I’ve had a rough week and was trying to give constructive criticism I can’t deal with any more aggression! Xxx

• Wow
  • Angry

Sw4

VIP Member
God the insta stories are possibly more cringeworthy than any of the other stuff. Firstly it's on the wrong account LOL. Then she's like 'I just thought I'd do this now before my dinner' as if this whole thing is an inconvenience for her to do and everyone is just bugging her. IT'S YOUR OWN LAUNCH OF YOUR OWN PRODUCT LYDIA, FUCKING OWN IT!

She looks awful, defensive, and why on earth are the stories so choppy and have repeat bits when usually that never happens?

Then, and not just once, she doesn't even know the price of her own product. And when she breaks it down per item its obvious she's just cobbled those calculations together to magically add up to £50...forgetting that £8.33 should be tax.

Man alive this is an absolute disaster.

• Haha
Reactions: 52

Elle Belle

Chatty Member
79E71927-AE9E-41AA-948B-C2F0228C3509.png

Does this look like a girl who religiously followed a three-step cleanse, tone and moisturise routine every night from the age of thirteen?? 😂 And having the audacity to call her mother out on her self-proclaimed traumatic childhood of absent luxe until her grandmother showed her the light 🤦🏼‍♀️

I genuinely love Ibiza. I have no issue with any woman being who or what she chooses to be. Just own it. And we've all left our makeup on after a night out 🙋🏼‍♀️ But what I have an issue with is her incessant lying, manipulating and betrayal of not only her followers but her family members too, just to portray a pretentious and unrealistic lifestyle for £££. She really would sell said granny's soul to the devil. Then raid her Clinique collection. Sorry Depop it...Clinique's not luxe enough for her now.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 52

EB1

Hi Tattlers

Firstly you are all hilarious and spot on.

Long time lurker, first time poster. I am an intelligent women who has her own successful business and I fit perfectly into her 'target's market. I cannot believe how stupid and naive Lydia must think I am! I loved Lydia a few years back, she was genuinely happy, and I loved her content. I don't know what has happened to her. She has become a middle aged, linen wearing housewife with no life other than bossing others around including 'ma husband'...yuk how annoying, I mean who calls their other half that. The way she speaks to Ali is a disgrace especially in his blog about his office refurb.

I have been blocked from Lidl's insta account a little while ago for liking what was a fair comment 🙄 (even though I wasn't following her) but no bother as I have a home account through which I can continue watching her balls up her 'career'. If she put as much effort into researching her product as she does into blocking and deleting even constructive comments, her product launch would perhaps have gone better!! I mean who asks for opinions after a launch and asks not one follower anything pre-launch. What is the point of having 800,000+ followers who can instantly give you an opinion and not making use of them. Honestly!!

Also does anyone know why, when you're blocked, her subscriber number shows as 700,000 odd which is a lot less than when unblocked. Does this mean that when she blocks someone it's not subtracted off her subscriber number 👀

Also her asking her followers if she should combine accounts is obviously because she wants to hit the holy grail of 1 million followers on her main account.🙄 I mean, can you imagine the boost to her already over inflated ego. But perhaps, also because it's too much work to manage three accounts, god forbid she may have to work past 5pm.

I hope this is a reality check for her.

• Heart
Reactions: 51

Miscanthus

VIP Member
I just want to reiterate that it's disgusting and misleading to send out press packs that are different to the actual product that customers will receive. Essentially most purchasers won't receive ANY tanning product. I am angry with St Tropez for colluding with this shit show. They must have sent out the press packs....they probably saw what was going out for £50 and felt embarrassed.

I would also liked to thank Lidl for a great laugh but those are four days of my life I'll never see again!!!

Thread title suggestion...

Lydia Millen #27 Two years in the making, a 'sell out' is piss taking, a tan is not all she's faking!

• Heart
Reactions: 51

Candcha88

I tried to post this earlier but don’t think it worked ,if I have duplicated, sorry in advance 💕

Globy has had their first trust pilot review, let’s just say it isn’t GLOing 😂

#GlobyGate is getting better and better

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 50

moona

Hi! I've never had an account on any of these forums but I thought I'd give my 2 cents 😅
I discovered Lydia's channel back in like 2016 and she was my favourite YouTuber! I was obsessed with how down-to-earth she seemed, and came across as a humble girl with a love for nice things - like lots of girls!
But I think maybe as I got older and her channel progressed, I just couldn't relate to her any longer and certain things started to irritate me :cautious: I'm honestly so disappointed for her more than anything that this launch has seemed such a cash-grab, when she had SO much potential!
I hope they learn from this and become more in touch with the real world and real people!

• Heart

blue_orchid

VIP Member
I can guarantee you that there was no $ she parted with to hire a copyright lawyer, a marketing team, a website designer, a business advisor etc. that's why this has been the largest shit show launch fest in history.

She is a narcissist and is deluded thinking she could scheme and steal people's hard earned cash. She loves luxe...only when it's given to her for free. But this whole launch fail has showed that the cheap, classless twat who wore next to nothing in Ibiza is still who she is at the core. She can continue to try and speak in a posh tone and pretend she lives in Buckinghamshire when she clearly doesn't, fake she is a Lady of the Manor with her imaginary courtyard, grounds, mansion and staff but with each lie she puts forth she peels back the layer of onion for us revealing more of the fraud and greedy scam artist she is.

Her content is a snore and always a copy of other people's content, her home design is a carbon copy of other's on IG, she clearly did not get a degree or if she did, pulled it out of one of the million Amazon boxes she gets delivered daily or a crackerjack box she got in a free food delivery.

She is a faker, a scammer and tried to profit off people knowingly. What a dumbass. She deserves everything she gets and what I hope for is now all her sponsorships, freebies and brand ambassadorships go down the tubes just like her disaster of a launch. This was all her doing and this is the karma bus finally rolling around and running her over repeatedly for her dishonesty and lack of ethics and humility.

I can't believe that with this a global pandemic where millions have lost their livelihoods she still tried to take advantage of innocent customers and their hard earned money. She's beyond crass and disgusting. I really hope those that ordered this and want their $ back can. That's what upsets me the most about this.

Sorry for the rant 😔................but I lose my marbles when innocent people are taken advantage of.

• Heart

Wophie

VIP Member
The best comment I saw on her YouTube video yesterday was a genuine follower (it seemed) saying they will not be buying the toolkit because over the years of following Lydia she has recommended each of these products by different brands. Therefore the follower has bought each of these and has a travel bag at home, meaning she already has what Lydia is selling - because of Lydia!

Lydia this is what you get when you're a greedy Mrs globby who grabs and shills any brand opportunity that comes your way

• Haha

Lori Blair

The thing that really is bugging me is branding this shit as an empowerment tool for women! I worked in politics for 11 years and a half ( I started as an activist and campaign staffer at 17 and left a year ago after managing a couple of candidates and campaigns) and fought tooth and nail to be respected and treated like the men who had the same position. Now I am developing my own publishing business. I have worked with women who fought for women empowerment and I fight every single day for women empowerment. And I am sure many of you do fight for women rights and empowerment, as well as I am sure that no matter what country you ladies come from you have had at a certain point to prove yourselves the hard way just because you aren't men and societies are still, despite years of a constant fight for women, patriarchal! My point is that how dare she ridicule women empowerment this way. Independent tool kit? Tanning my own back is what makes me independent. I was born and raised in a 3rd world country. If it weren't for my liberal dad, I wouldn't speak three languages and about to launch my own business. When she talks of an inclusive product then brands it as a tool for empowerment, she is disrespecting women who put their lives on the line in their fight to be recognized as human beings. Lots of women would rather have their partner help them tan their backs than having a self tanner mitt and an abusive partner. Not that these women get to pick their partners, they have husbands. Words matter! Maybe her words as an influencer don' matter but her brand's words matter. Businesses have a leading role in society and should be held accountable for their words. Being a small business and the sack of shit being their first product isn't good enough of an excuse for me. She is not responsible for women empowerment and I do not blame her for women's situation around the world, but I do blame her for using words like empowerment and independent to sell her rip off! Sorry for this long rant but it's been stuck in my proverbial throat since I read the description of her rip off.

• Heart
Reactions: 49

detroit

Imagine somewhere in one of the alternative universes Lydia releases a new video where she seats down and says:

Guys, we've screwed up. Really really badly. We realize that. This launch was not what we wanted or planned it to be. At all. And that is why we made a very hard decision (at 09:24 pm tonight) to CLOSE THE SALE. No, we are not sold out. We decided to withdraw the product from the sale and we will make a complete refund to anyone who asks for it without a single question asked. We are devastated by the fact that you are so upset with this product and this launch hasn't met your expectations. We will learn all our lessons and we will do better next time. Thank you for all the reviews and comments. I am also sorry that my first reaction was to delete all the negative ones because I was literally so upset that I couldn't handle it. I am very thankful for that experience because it has showed how much I need to learn in order to grow and launch a successful product. Love you all, thank you for being here with me on this channel.

Nope, never happens.

• Haha
  • Heart

Teatime1415

Hi everyone! I’m sorry if I repeat some things that have already been said. I’m currently on page 8 of this thread but I couldn’t hold my frustration in any longer!

I was an occasional poster and full time lurker on GG but when everyone moved over here I kind of disassociated.

I stopped watching Lydia around the same time as her out of touch “content” (ie. re-decorating the same room over and over again and opening thousands of pounds worth of packages every day) became too dumb for me to handle.

I had to come to tattle when this shit show went down and I have not been disappointed! Thank you to everyone who posted screenshots etc. I have always wondered how Lydia’s adoring fan base could not see what we were seeing: a selfish narcissist with delusions of grandeur. It seems that the tides are FINALLY turning!

I don’t think this launch will hurt Lydia as much as a lot of you think. You guys are giving her far too much credit! I can safely assume from her instagram stories that she genuinely doesn’t give a shit. She will still make money. She will still keep adding chandeliers to her bungalow and “faf” around all day in £800 dresses and she will still continue to shill the same overpriced tat.

Her entire audience will see this as a failure but I think we can all expect to see Lydia on YouTube soon gushing about her successes.

The best we can hope for is that this disaster (added to all the other crap she’s done in the past) will at least open many of her supporters eyes to who we’ve always known she was.

My main criticisms of this launch:
Imagine creating an Instagram page for a product and failing to mention what that product is. But as long as we have a few vanity shots of Lydia right?

What is the selling point of a travel case for fake tan? Guess what Lydia, sometimes tan explodes while travelling. Only now it can be in a massive travel case and only ruin whatever else you’ve put in there! Amazing! Anybody who travels with tan probably knows by now to put it in a ziplock. Apparently not ITF though... But I guess that while they’re practical, ziplocks aren’t “luxe” enough...

I’ve seen it posted here multiple times so I know I’m not alone in thinking - who consistently travels with fake tan anyways? Who has that kind of time? Well for the two people out there who answered “me!” to that question BOY DO I HAVE THE PRODUCT FOR YOU!

Only Lydia would charge this much for products we all already own (those of us who use fake tan) on the pretence that they are “luxe”. Please Lydia... Elaborate. What on earth is luxe about a mitt you ordered from a Chinese wholesaler.

“People are dying Kim!” Genuinely... People are dying. From police brutality, from Covid-19, even from depression from being out of work or struggling or alone in these crazy times. But sure Lydia... Now is the perfect time to take advantage of your loyal followers with the most RIDICULOUS mark up price I’ve ever seen. After all, how else will you build that outdoor fireplace or water feature! The sponsors won’t cover it all apparently...

It really took two years to launch a product you had no hand in creating. Impressive.

THE SPELLING MISTAKES. THE GRAMMAR! Why are there random capitalisations everywhere on the websites q&a page? Who wrote this? Who approved this?! I have seen better composed text from people who sat on their phone. I am at a loss for words...

Ok I’ll stop. This post is wayyyy too long already (believe me I could keep going).

Thank you all for the laughs and for once again for making me feel like I’m not a crazy person who sees Lydia is a light that nobody else does!

• Heart
  • Haha