Lydia Millen # 26 - 50 quid for a mitt, a glove and a backscratcher in a plastic bag - Genius!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
St Tropez Tan had the sense to keep her at arm's length, avoid a collaboration and just sling her 500 small bottles, a discount code and a bottle of bubbly. I hope they are watching the tit show too, and congratulating themselves on a near miss!
They’re still promoting it on their IG grid and stories!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
A bleeping mit?! That’s her product? How bloody boring and uninspiring. What absolute bell ends are actually paying £50 for a bag and couple of mits? Buying a large MOQ of any of that crap would have cost her peanuts, particularly as it’s manufactured in China. They may have acquired ISO but she will never know about the principles of the whole supply/manufacturing chain and I doubt she has a team smart enough to be looking at any of that. (Eg, it might be the ‘norm’ for a country to use child labour but Lydia should be 100% against it, so what checks has her company put in place to check this?
Aside from that, just a really underwhelming campaign to for a really underwhelming product. I’d rather go to boots and pay £3 for a glove and spend the rest of the money of decent products.

Reactions: 19
Yeah they're only 100ml. I saw a funny youtube comment about how you can only tan half your leg and one armpit with 100ml and I actually burst out laughing.
that was me on here 🤣 I’m just trying to help Lydia out, she’s not great with the finer details 😬

thankfully you only get one glove so it’s perfect.

God it couldn’t get any worse could it.
she now needs to do a Jeffree Star and get a black person, probably a male 🤷‍♀️ in the advertisement to prove how inclusive she is.

9ADC3D45-1B83-4CF4-A066-7FD44EBC4879.jpeg

Begrudging....

Jesus, are we to assume the gals in Ibiza didn’t like taking it from behind?
Taking the tan mitt from Lydia...... obviously.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Lol ditto for her vlogs. You could see how nervous and manic she was when discussing the product, she knew it was an absolute pile of shite.

I can't work out whether I think she's a con artist who knows full well what she's doing all the time, or is she genuinely deluded with grandeur and thinks this is an amazing product and launch?

Also the word applicator just reminds me of tampons.

Edit: was it always called an independent tool kit or has that been changed now too? I thought it was independent tanner which of course implies there was an actual product involved.
It started life as a tanner then morphed into a tool kit last night.

As for applicator.....this is probably in bad taste so look away now, but it did cross my mind she could sell sanitary protection as she's always on her period! 😩

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Your posts have been spot on! I hope you earn a lot (and I don't mean consultancy fees from Globy!) ❤
Aww thanks 😌 no word yet regarding my consulting fee. I'll give her ten business days before I sue. Unfortunately I get paid an averagely crap wage so I'm really relying on old Lyds paying me asap.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
For someone who has a BA in Retail Marketing she really did a number on this one....

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Lydiaaa, where are yoooou?
We have our popcorn and snacks ready for your next rant video.
What could the next title of vlog in the rant room be?
Or maybe there's a new room?- a PANIC ROOM!
lol

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Hi everyone, long time lurker.. first time poster. I'm really speechless and feel bad for those getting scammed by this product. From reading the comments it seems that the people who have actually bought this believe Lydia would only sell high quality 'luxe' materials. As we have seen they are admittedly Made in China, she has no idea what factory because they are from AliExpress (whenever I see this all that springs to mind is Mr Ali-Express Millen Gordon).. anyway the materials list on the web site is awful, micro plastics galore and the exact same as cheap Primark/£4.99 SuperDrug tan mitts. The whole kit would have cost less than £5 to put together at wholesale price, maybe £7 with the bag? Now they have changed the price to without VAT they are not showing "price + VAT" on the webpage. Every other online store manages to set this up correctly so no idea how they could get it so wrong. Especially on Shopify where it is designed for it to be done so easily. I know it says "prices calculated at checkout" but I am sure there is some legality around this?? https://www.asa.org.uk/news/to-include-or-not-to-include-vat-in-stated-prices.html. Maybe they can be this sneaky about it but this whole thing has been so doomed from start to finish!

• Wow
Reactions: 27
I don't think she's going to rant.

She's the queen of disingenuous wank. I'm placing my bets on her doing a video where she claims to be annoyed with herself for making globy such high quality luxury and it's people's own fault for not understanding the workmanship of it that forced the £50 price tag 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 37
I’m shocked St Tropez would even entertain a semi-collab by giving her some bottles of tan? Why would they create a conflict of interest like that when they also sell the very items she’s promoting?

Reactions: 24
Hi everyone, long time lurker.. first time poster. I'm really speechless and feel bad for those getting scammed by this product. From reading the comments it seems that the people who have actually bought this believe Lydia would only sell high quality 'luxe' materials. As we have seen they are admittedly Made in China, she has no idea what factory because they are from AliExpress (whenever I see this all that springs to mind is Mr Ali-Express Millen Gordon).. anyway the materials list on the web site is awful, micro plastics galore and the exact same as cheap Primark/£4.99 SuperDrug tan mitts. The whole kit would have cost less than £5 to put together at wholesale price, maybe £7 with the bag? Now they have changed the price to without VAT they are not showing "price + VAT" on the webpage. Every other online store manages to set this up correctly so no idea how they could get it so wrong. Especially on Shopify where it is designed for it to be done so easily. I know it says "prices calculated at checkout" but I am sure there is some legality around this?? https://www.asa.org.uk/news/to-include-or-not-to-include-vat-in-stated-prices.html. Maybe they can be this sneaky about it but this whole thing has been so doomed from start to finish!
yeah the VAT thing feels very dodgy to me. It's a shady move to make the price look lower and that's exactly why ASA has guidance on it. It's a low move, but did we expect anything else?

Looking at the ASA link it looks like she's misleading consumers (I am SHOCKED)

" Quoted prices must include non-optional taxes, duties, fees and charges that apply to all or most buyers. However, VAT-exclusive prices may be given if all those to whom the price claim is clearly addressed pay no VAT or can recover VAT. Such VAT-exclusive prices must be accompanied by a prominent statement of the amount or rate of VAT payable. "

Reactions: 26
I'm fairly new to Lidl and Aldi vlogs and keep hearing Lidl refer to her team of workers and wondered if anyone knew how many there were, what exactly do they do and why are they needed? She talks as though she is running a large business but just seems to spend her time opening boxes, talking to 'sprootlings' (seedlings) and torturing a furry creature answering to the the ridiculous name of Lummy. I'm genuinely intrigued folks😅

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Was lurking in Superdrug this morning and they had a near identical bag for £5.99. I can sew a Globy label in it.....

Your posts have been spot on! I hope you earn a lot (and I don't mean consultancy fees from Globy!) ❤

One of us lovely Tattlers sourced the kit for pence from a wholesalers online...no need for an agency!

As for the hallway....don't they have any originality?!! It's identical!
Come on Tattlers, she had to put her name on it so that obviously put the price up a bit! 😂😂 Also question- the Glo logo on the back “tool” 🙄😂 Won’t that go a lovely shade of brown after first use? 💩

yeah the VAT thing feels very dodgy to me. It's a shady move to make the price look lower and that's exactly why ASA has guidance on it. It's a low move, but did we expect anything else?

Looking at the ASA link it looks like she's misleading consumers (I am SHOCKED)

" Quoted prices must include non-optional taxes, duties, fees and charges that apply to all or most buyers. However, VAT-exclusive prices may be given if all those to whom the price claim is clearly addressed pay no VAT or can recover VAT. Such VAT-exclusive prices must be accompanied by a prominent statement of the amount or rate of VAT payable. "
Get reporting Tattlers for this and the undisclosed partnership with St.Tropez and cult beauty! 😂

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I was such a tired little slothy this morning. It was all go in the bungalow last night. Not Ali and I having sexy time. Not even Lumi bringing in her furry friends. The Glóby team had to get it together and regroup. In hindsight, we should have had at least one pre-launch meeting over the last 2 years, but you all know how busy I am tendering to my rose bushes, trying on linen dresses and stalking Josie's insta accounts. I'm not a self-proclaimed businesswoman after all. I don't even like business or meetings, I only like money. Ali likes to play dress up in suits with his fake briefcase sometimes. I keep it real though obviously. Linen for life.

I know I pretended I was so nervous before the launch, I wasn't really, I was just trying this humble thing out, but I honestly don't know what went wrong. This has been a disaster. I'll admit I've had many a fake tan disaster and may have hyped up my flawless tanning facilitation. You only need to look at my promo photographs on the Glóby website. I didn't think the sheep would actually spend time and look at these. I just thought they'd hit the 'buy it now' button which I made extra large, faster than I open a gifted parcel. I'll admit I was livid at first. I immediately sacked Ali and Cawwiee from being my husband and bestie. Then I went on a manic social media delete and block escapade. I thought I'd never be able to leave the bungalow again. That was my next social event on the 21st August 2029 cancelled then.

But now we've had chance to regroup, and Ali and Cawwiee have been telling me repeatedly how amazing and creative I am, I've concluded I don't care what the trolls say, they're just jealous. And after the rain comes the rainbow, just in time with my morning coffee. My independent tool kit is game-changing, some say genius, others innovative. Have you ever seen four hard-working tools before? And I'm not talking about my paid husband or 3 staff. I'm so popular across all of my 579 social media platforms, I can only concede that all the haters have been infected with COVID-19. Loss of smell and taste are profound symptoms. So loss of taste for luxury must be included in this too. Yes, this must be it. Even Josie, my arch-nemesis says how amazing it is, so that says it all really. With that weight of my shoulders, I bought myself a new H&M dress to cheer myself up. I'm still deciding what to do with the rest of my profits. A new house in the actual Cotswolds perhaps? How fuzzy and warm would all my sheep feel knowing they've helped contribute to my dream. I'm so good to them. It's my mission to empower and celebrate all women did you know? You'll see I've allowed everyone to buy the tool kit. I don't know what the haters are all moaning at saying Glóby is not inclusive. Everyone has skin duh! I've even ensured poor people can purchase it by only pricing it at £50. They're long-lasting products (as long as you don't use them) so it's not like they need to repurchase them.

At least I've gained popularity on here. But I do feel I have no other option, but to start charging you all subscription fees. Let's stick with £50. Per comment. I've decided from now on you can't talk about me without my permission. It says so in the terms and conditions, and these obviously trump all your human rights. Talking of Trump, he likes the orange look doesn't he? I wonder if he'd be interested in buying my Edit No. 1 Glóby. He's bound to love it. I'll just not tell him it's made in China obviously. I hear he's not really a big fan at the moment. I'll ask him to start promoting Glóby on Twitter. He loves a good tweet. That should get the sales up. I'll be doing wonders not only for him, but America as a whole. He's a pussy-hater so he needs to earn the respect back from women of all colours. And what better to flog them my products to coax, enhance and prolong glowing skin. The only problem is, whilst I'm extremely popular, I don't have his digits. Oh problem solved, I'm going to ask BoJo to raise it in his next weekly COVID-19 agenda, just like he did with the garden centres and cleaners. On second thoughts actually, maybe I am a businesswoman after all. My skin is now singing. My confidence is now swelling. This could be you too. Just swipe up and hit buy now.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 76
I’m shocked St Tropez would even entertain a semi-collab by giving her some bottles of tan? Why would they create a conflict of interest like that when they also sell the very items she’s promoting?
Conspiracy-loving me believes that St. Tropez is humouring her fully knowing that it would crash and burn. And when all that is left of Globy is dust-gathering stock and demands of refunds Lidl will beg for St Tropez to come to her rescue they'll give her a new contract...lower than her usual rate.

Or better still not offer her anything at all and this current collab was just a generous way of saying "here you go, sweetheart. when it all comes down, bugger off and good riddance".

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.