Lydia Millen # 26 - 50 quid for a mitt, a glove and a backscratcher in a plastic bag - Genius!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi Lovelies,

This is my first post so I’m sorry if I’ve done it wrong!

I DM’d Lydia to say I felt bad for her because it must feel horrendous to be so slated but that I did think her explanation was half arsed and that she should maybe look at the team around her advising her. I was genuinely trying to look out for her as I think up until recently she has been ok.

I have received such a gas lighting and aggressive message back!!! Has anyone else received this??

I know I shouldn’t be But I’m a bit nervous she’s going to post my Instagram details for her minions to abuse me!!

Sorry for such a long post xxx

Don't be nervous 😘 She does this quite often so is unlikely to repost as she'll just get further backlash. Plus you're allowed to offer constructive criticism under freedom of speech. She often asks for opinions on polls so she can manipulate these to suit her agenda. This was her response to me, totally passive aggressive to a genuine opinion, although it seems quite tame in comparison to yours. I still got blocked though. All it did was drive me here and my eyes were opened to all her deception, like many other followers who have now followed suit.

966ED53B-C71F-4338-AAE3-2DFDDE7C1199.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 59
Just watched her price breakdown, she is a mess. She is nervous, she doesn't really know what to say, her explanation is rather lame, she looks bad, sad, worn out and why is she doing it this way, cut up into small chunks, standing in her dressing room, boring background. This just looks soo hastily thrown together, clearly dinner (beige pasta) was getting cold downstairs.
The funny thing is ... she chose to do this on her personal Instastories. I'm strangely curious to see it, but I don't follow her, and so I don't think I can view them. Why would she put this out on something that only would be seen by her Instagram followers ... and then quickly deleted? She is clueless!!!!

Reactions: 7
Funny how almost none of those supporters from “the right target market” bought the kit, as she hasn’t sold even 700 of those, and her follower count is 850 000. Either the kit is wrong, or the target market has been misidentified.
[/QUOTE
"Ali why are my bots not purchasing my luxe tit, what on earth am I paying them for". " 😂🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I know she has a strained relationship with her mum and for that I really do feel bad for her.

I will say though, I can't believe her mum was still working in Tesco during Covid-19 when Lydia was spending £80 on mugs in a recent vlog (if I'm not mistaken). That could've been her mum's whole day's pay.

Again I shouldn't judge as I don't know the ins and outs of their relationship but I know that I wouldn't want any of my parents (especially if they're 50+) working in a supermarket during a global pandemic when I know that I could afford to pay their wages and keep them safe at home instead.

But I guess not buying those bespoke flower pots, the greek bust, the Louis Vuitton blanket and the £80 mugs was too much of a sacrifice for Lydia.
Maybe her mum wanted to work and likes to work ?

Reactions: 1
I think the fact it is a singular glove is affecting me the most 😂 more than the price

She's trying to make it seem off the cuff, like she didn't need to do this video originally but somehow everyone else seems to have their head up their arse and can't figure out the concept of her brand. So here she is breaking down the product and price, wasting her time.
It's very patronising, she is explaining something that those of us, who can count, can work out ourselves.
She needs to be explaining why/how it's luxury, how she is feeling about all the negativity, she needs to be promoting herself as being strong and positive.
She could maybe suggest that the "team" will look at the price and see if they can do it any better or see if they can include a sample product, see if she can talk to St Tropez at this point and get some more samples to include.
At this stage if she makes absolutely NO money that's not a problem. Companys operate for a number of years making no profit before it finally kicks in. The damage to her reputation at the moment is worse than the money she will lose, of course this is just my own opinion but surely for an influencer who's whole career is based on their reputation this has to be paramount.
Those of us with real jobs (sorry other influencers) we spend our own money (thousands of dollars) studying and getting degrees so we can do our jobs better and build our careers, she maybe needs to realise that she won't necessarily make any money first time around but it's all building her career, her new career as a supplier, rather than just a walking advert. This is of course, unless this whole thing was just a way to make a quick easy buck.
I hope this doesn't sound like I am picking on influencers too much (just trying to make a point) as I am sure there are many out there who work hard at what they do and do a good job. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
Don't be nervous 😘 She does this quite often so is unlikely to repost as she'll just get further backlash. Plus you're allowed to offer constructive criticism under freedom of speech. She often asks for opinions on polls so she can manipulate these to suit her agenda. This was her response to me, totally passive aggressive to a genuine opinion, although it seems quite tame in comparison to yours. I still got blocked though. All it did was drive me here and my eyes were opened to all her deception, like many other followers who have now followed suit.

View attachment 165362
"Focus on yourself because that's what you can control" advice from the queen herself HAHAHA that's right, do not hold people accountable or have morals and opinions!! SILLY MOO MOO

• Haha
Reactions: 12
The funny thing is ... she chose to do this on her personal Instastories. I'm strangely curious to see it, but I don't follow her, and so I don't think I can view them. Why would she put this out on something that only would be seen by her Instagram followers ... and then quickly deleted? She is clueless!!!!
I don't follow her on instagram BUT I can see it. I wonder why you cant see it.

Reactions: 5
I very much have gotten it. Do I feel bad for the people she scammed? Of course. But the writing has been on the wall for years.

Can I still feel sorry for her? Yes I can. And yes I pity her. Because narcissism and delusions of grandeur are serious disorders that left untreated can have a detrimental effect on a person. I know this because I have a family member who is so very similar to Lydia it scares me. My family member is unreachable and refuses to accept there is anything wrong, it's all someone else's fault, they don't live in the realm of reality.

We are seeing an edited, constructed version of Lydia and these disorders seep through. She cannot control it. The latest instagram videos were appalling that she thinks those are acceptable excuses - "guys it's all your mistakes for not getting the message right". I don't like her practices, I don't like her behaviour, I don't like the way she portrays a false, begging life online. But yes i can still feel sorry and pity for a person suffering with a mental and personality disorder.
My sincerest of apologies @Noseyparker30 . I truly meant no disrespect. Clearly, I am hot under the collar from Lydiot's latest scam. And I am truly sorry for the suffering your family member endures as well as yourself and your other loved ones watching them suffer.

Working in the psych field myself where diagnosing and treatment is part of what I do, I am extremely careful to label someone as truly and clinically mentally ill unless I have done an extensive in person clinical psych evaluation. I appreciate your being so intuned and understanding that there could be more deep seated actual clinical issues here because you have personal experience yourself. You're right, there may be.

However, in my experience, most people that scheme, fraud and scam people out of $ in this world do not do so because they are actually clinically mentally ill. There is no underlying motive, hidden agenda by those with true psychiatric illness. They do not consciously choose, plan, and execute ways to profit off others like this twit has. They have no choice in the matter of mental illness and I respect them and the strength they have to live with such an illness.

Sadly, there are many people that are just blatantly greedy and scam artists and it is them who I take issue with. They are just plain gluttons and want $ so much they will blatantly disregard the harm they do others to get rich. There is a pattern of this with numerous Youtubers now and they are not all mentally ill, they're just frauds trying to steal from innocent customers. It's purely them seeing a monetary opportunity for themselves to get rich by taking advantage of people that have become loyal followers on this social media platform.

Again, I have the utmost respect for people with true clinical mental illness which is why I have dedicated my life working in the psych field for over 20 years now so I can do all I can to help. I have respect for your family member who has struggled to live with mental illness and you and your family who also must be greatly affected witnessing and being on this journey with them.

I just do not see Lydiot in the same category as your family member which is why I have no respect for her. I may be completely wrong though but I will never know because I will never have the opportunity to clinically evaluate and diagnose her.

More importantly though, I sincerely apologize to you or anyone else that feels sorry for her and I rudely declared you did not get it. That was wrong of me and I truly apologize. I just get highly upset when innocent people have been taken advantage of. In my line of work, I've seen the aftermath of victims of this so get very passionate and clearly riled up and pissed off about it. I need to watch my words though. Again, I am sorry.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Let me say that the bag that cost £20 is a joke.

If you go to beauty expert or look fantastic you buy some of their products and you get a bag included for free. So no that bag looks cheap and isn't worth £20.

On her stories she looks sad, tired and as if she has been crying based on how her eyes look. Everything that is happening she brought that to herself.

Do good and be an honest good human, so you won't have to cry cause people are criticising a crappy product you decided to create.

If you are driven by something you love you will succed, if you are driven by $$ you will never have enough. Lydia's always driven by $$

Reactions: 19
It's interesting to see how influencers respond when things go wrong and then it's completely clear that they've never had real jobs that they have been held accountable in. You mess up and you apologise, are held accountable and address how you are going to solve the problem. You do not blame others for their misunderstanding if you have caused it.

Reactions: 14
What troubles me is her incapacity to seperate her personnal events/life from her this « brand ». She is un professionnel, and just goes on as if she was talking about a failed soufflé, wearing her gifted dress of the day!
She should have made her self presentable, sat down in a professionnel environnement ( her office, that we no longer see) and just discussed the matter calmly, maybe with other members of staff and gone through it all again. She goes on about being a « boss », well if that is how a boss reacts oups!!
She really is a spoilt child playing businesswoman or what ever the day’s activity is.
These are my thoughts exactly. She puts more discussion and planning into choosing a handbag for an outfit. She needs to come across now as strong and positive and wanting to solve this issue of the bad launch and the dodgy product. She is playing victim with no control.

Reactions: 6
She said I was vile and I was unnecessarily cruel and a troll that I had no life.
She was then typing but I bottled it and blocked her response (I’m ashamed to say I didn’t want any more aggression I was trying to be nice 🥴)
I’m sure if I unblock her there will be more but I’ve had a rough week and was trying to give constructive criticism I can’t deal with any more aggression! Xxx
what a witch.

• Heart
Reactions: 13

View attachment 165362
The great thing about that immensely passive aggressive response is that you can tell that’s the kind of person she truly is. Not this woodlands frolicking, happy-gp-lucky cheery, but a nasty narcissist brat

Reactions: 24
I don't follow her on instagram BUT I can see it. I wonder why you cant see it.
Thank you for posting this ... I now realize that it was my own user error and was able to view it! Even so, it's tucked away from the Globy website ... very strange approach to "justifying" the cost. Still not clear why it cost so much!

Reactions: 6
Thank you for posting this ... I now realize that it was my own user error and was able to view it! Even so, it's tucked away from the Globy website ... very strange approach to "justifying" the cost. Still not clear why it cost so much!
Your welcome - All she did was tell us how to divide 50 pound into 5 unequal parts based on the amount of plastic in each part.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Hi Lovelies,

This is my first post so I’m sorry if I’ve done it wrong!

I DM’d Lydia to say I felt bad for her because it must feel horrendous to be so slated but that I did think her explanation was half arsed and that she should maybe look at the team around her advising her. I was genuinely trying to look out for her as I think up until recently she has been ok.

I have received such a gas lighting and aggressive message back!!! Has anyone else received this??

I know I shouldn’t be But I’m a bit nervous she’s going to post my Instagram details for her minions to abuse me!!

Sorry for such a long post xxx
Yes she left me a message saying that she just can’t, she said “ what kind of person are you? Because I told her she was ripping of the people who got her to where she is. She was pissed. She needs to hear the truth, whether she accepts or not is not my problem. Don’t worry if she did put up our insta names it would be bullying. People are allowed opinions and to bully someone for it would be disgusting.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 22
She will probably make a profit, if very slowly or draw even BUT at what cost? What are companies going to think moving forward are they going to associate themselves with someone who has tried to scam their followers.

I feel some of the people that bought this tat are not going to be happy when they find out that influencers were given a load of free products.
Wonder if we ask St Tropez if she knew about it or not. Do Hapers Bazaare know about this tit show?

As for the girl that asked for a 10 pound refund. If I were her I would be reporting her and she needs reporting for tax fraud. Do her other customers know they should check what they were charged is what it should be.

She can't do anything with the crap she has left because if she reduces it or adds to it, the minions that bought it originally would not be happy and she is not about to dip into those profits to refund them or send out additional product.
Plain and simple. She is fucked!

I do wonder if any of those influencers that are promoting it will get called out for supporting a con artist by their own minions

• Haha
I’ve downloaded her instastories explaining the price point, I can post in here if anyone wanna see 😏

• Heart
Maybe this has been been asked but what EXACTLY did she pay Elementary Brands to do? Was it just the logo? Because their introduction to the story made me think it was a tanning product of some sort but even if she’s sacked them off, what did they do for her in the lead up?
I thinks hey sourced the factory in China with the ISO9000000001 certification... thank god for that now we know they’re ‘safe’ to use.... 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.