Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Muff_Puff

Chatty Member
I'm absolutely loving this!!! 😂😈

What a complete f*ck up of a launch!!!

We knew it was going to be sh*t but I never expected all her loyal gullible followers to be turning on her. It's brilliant. They're starting to see the real Lydia!

Us Tattlers couldn't have asked for this to go any better in my opinion. Mwahahahaha.

I haven't been able to do any funny photo edits because I'm so busy reading all the comments.

I wonder if St.Tropez will start deleting comments?

20200626_123705.jpg
20200626_130952.jpg
20200626_124059.jpg
20200626_131007.jpg
20200626_124357.jpg
20200626_131039.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49

Muff_Puff

Chatty Member
So, this morning (not yesterday on launch day) but this morning, she posts a load of Instastories on the Glóby account, showing people what's actually in the box!
Why didn't she do that yesterday to show people what they were buying?
I was expecting to see posts last night, not this morning.

20200626_134509.jpg
20200626_134939.jpg
20200626_134836.jpg
20200626_133459.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49

D565666

Long timer lurker here. Today's launch will be the final straw for many of us. I too was once a fan and bought into wanting most things she advertised prior to her moving house. Then Lydia became smug, self obsessed and most of all dishonest with her viewers. Deleting negative feedback, not disclosing ads and gifted items properly...she completely lost my respect. How can people not see that she receives probably 90% of every single product in her life for free. And she then goes on to sell it all for profit on Depop! I really hope she's declaring this for tax purposes.
How can she say she purchased some items from a haul and used a voucher for others...then send half the haul back. Meaning that what she kept was free of charge?! I'm gobsmacked that a lot of her audience failed to pick up on this.
I'm actually in shock that she had the nerve to release such cheap tat. How can she claim to be luxury when she bought such generic stock and attached it logo to it for pence. The box looks cheap too so wouldn't have cost her a lot. I really hope people wake up to her nonsence and she isnt allowed to get away with it.

I've been hesitant to write on here as I didnt want to come across as a hater. But we aren't haters..we were all fans who saw through her bullshit. She's just proven herself to be a scammer.

I think her deleting comments means she is going to try and skim past this with as little acknowledgement as possible. That's not fair at all. She needs to start disclosing how much of her life is gifted and how much she pays for. She needs to stop banging on about how she is a creator. She has proven that formulating any ideas is out of her depth.

She was too cheap to create and produce a luxury product. She tried to scam her audience. I'm sick of her deception! And I'm fed up of her sheep calling anyone who gives her constructive feedback as being jealous. I'm pretty confident that most people who see Lydia for who she is could afford to spend £50 on a beauty product and afford luxury items in general! People are fed up of being lied to!

• Heart
Reactions: 48

classyc

There was someone on this forum in the #25 thread who wondered aloud if this epic Glo flop would garner new Tattle memberships from people who had previously liked and watched Lydia. It has. I am one of them. I am not British. I did not know about this forum. I do now.

After having several of my comments to Lydia deleted off of the Glo Instagram account and going unanswered in her YouTube comments section, I went to the web to research a place, a safe outlet, where I could vent my frustrations to people who clearly have been quicker on the uptake than I have.

I also DM’ed her once this week about the Ca’ Pietra limestone freebie post in Instagram Stories that brought her a backlash so intense she created a highlight reel featuring all of her ASA-based questions to fans. I asked her why she always had to publicly react with a tantrum every time fans called her out for getting something for free. Surely that’s old hat by now? I told her that her constant overreactions and defensiveness made her look petulant. I asked her to exercise a bit of grace. If she doesn’t like the comments, I asked her to buy the product herself to avoid them. If she wants to continue to get product for her own home for free from a UK-based stone company that in no way could bring any benefit to my life by way of recommendation, being an ocean away over here, I asked her to please rise above the consequences of those actions and to stop lashing out.

I thought that was the end of it. Then Glo. Where do I even begin? Luckily, there are so many sharp members here who have already spoken about many issues with the launch and the products proper – her fake inclusivity of the BIPOC community, the unwillingness to reveal the origin of manufacturing, the lack of market research and focus group testing, the environmental catastrophe that is bringing so much more plastic in bulk to the market, her two-faced approach to sustainability, her luxury attitude to her own lifestyle with her own use of top quality natural fabrics and yet her willingness to shill these cheap materials to others, the astronomical price point, the impact on her young, malleable followers – to name a few.

However, there is one point I saw in one comment on her YouTube channel that she actually liked back that, to me, made me angrier than anything else I’ve seen over the past 24 hours. It’s posted below for you to view yourselves. In the comment, the person said that just because people couldn’t afford Lydia’s product didn’t make it a bad product, that it’s “just something out of their reach.” Lydia liked that.

This is where she lost me. We need to talk about the class issue. The idea that Lydia participates in the trope that she belongs to an exclusive community of comfortably well-off pseudo-celebrities shows that she buys into an antiquated class structure that is predicated on her keeping people below her so that she may rise by profiting off of classes she views as beneath her. Her life is aspirational. Fine. But she is personally aspirational in that she is a social climber desperate to raise her status “read: class” to the detriment of others she views as in lowers castes. Do discuss. I’d love some feedback on this.

Now, it’s time to get personal. Originally, I wanted to be like Lydia. I have been following her for six years. I started a YouTube channel and an Instagram account to build a following to whom I could sell recommended products (though, admittedly, ones I actually liked and believed in) and benefit of off affiliate links and brand partnerships.

Though a successful professional with bachelor and masters’ degrees, the shiny prizes that her world proffered caught me in its wake. And, for a year, I participated in the fashion blogging/vlogging sphere. I am so ashamed that I didn’t see what I was perpetuating.

In the past 24 hours, I have questioned how I can do better than Lydia and contribute some good to the world instead of shilling more harm. I shuttered my YouTube account and my Instagram pages. I deleted my blog. I will never produce a photo of me with a product ever again. Actually, I’m going to ground and living off of my little savings until I can get a real job, for which my degrees prepared me. And my savings are so little because I was living above my means. The Jo Malone candles, the ceramic vases and pots, the props for Instagram flat lays, the camera and lighting equipment. I am so ashamed and embarrassed that this has been my aspirational life for years.

I hope your group will accept me here despite my past actions. I can’t believe I upheld Lydia on that pedestal on which she places herself. After this launch and all of the feedback and comments she, like me, has surely read, she should be curled in a ball in the corner crying tears of shame into her Dior and Louis Vuitton blankets. I’ve never felt freer to have been proven so wrong.
Welcome! Many of us has been there. Buying everything an "influencer" promote. I had a modest succesful Instagram Account on makeup (well, something like 10K followers, never bought 1). I had LOT of makeup cause you know, every week, more than one new product being promoted. I started reading (the other forum) then this one and finally opened my eyes. I deleted my Instagram Account. Gave away ALL my makeup. Im talking Dior, Chanel, By Terry, Illamasqua, Hourglass... Yes, thousands and thousands of dollars on makeup! Im so glad I can now watch an Influencer and my wallet stays on my pocket :) All thanks to this forum. People think this forum is about hate and jelousy but is not. Is about the ugly true behind "influencers".

So, welcome! :love:

• Heart
Reactions: 47

Elle Belle

Chatty Member
Hi - I’ve recently found tattle but have followed Lydia for a while. Whilst I saw the occasional negative comment about her on her YouTube videos, most people seemed to enjoy watching her. So the times she addressed “bullying” I didn’t really know what she was referring to. There was a period - probably when she got the new house up until Lynx went missing - that I began to find her extremely materialistic on another level. Since Lynx was lost I thought she did show more personality and became a bit more fun again. But anyway, this is a long intro to say that whilst I was disappointed with the launch/product/marketing/etc etc I did actually buy it! Since then I have been reading these threads and feel like such a fool. I don’t want to add to the amount of plastic crap that is made in this world. And I actually do a fine job of fake tan without her kit. So why did I do it? I am actually embarrassed to have been taken in. Urgh. Lots of people mention her other scams. For someone new here would you be able to give a synopsis of why she is scammy? Or should I just take this as her first offence and a highly misjudged mistake on her part!?
Welcome 😘 So I'll help a girl out. Only with a few recent examples or we'll be on thread #93 😂

- She rarely marks items as ads or gifted. She didn't do this in her latest Gló vlog with the St. Tropez collaboration or in her latest insta post with the gifted Boohoo dress. This is literally after she's posted a synopsis of all the ASA terminology for clarity for her followers.
- She's recently Depoped a gifted Marni bag at the same cost as the retailer, but with a marked up £75 P&P charge. This is despite the cost of insured postage up to £2,500 with Royal Mail currently being less than £15. She described the bag as 'new with tags', but on her recent bag collection video she acknowledges she's used it a few times. She does this a lot to inflate her profits. She just forgets we can see in her previous vlogs when she's worn the items out.
- She fawns about the importance of sustainability and being more eco-friendly. Save the world. Save the animals. But in the same breath she's ordering or opening packages on the daily. If this wasn't bad enough, she quickly discards the item, which she often 'buys' two of, for example linen pants, then says she's going to re-order more.
- She incessantly bites back then blocks and deletes anyone with a genuine question. I commented happy birthday, but that I found it a little distasteful she was buying a designer handbag during the pandemic. I was blocked.
- She jumps on social issue bandwagons to fuel her own agenda. At the time she pretends to give a shit, by declaring she'll donate surplus clothes to raise money for the Aussie bushfires or donate surplus beauty products for the NHS workers. These have never materialised. Just like with BLM. They're all yesterday's news. And when anyone comments, again blocked.
- The one that hits me hardest, is how belittling she is of those who she does not perceive to be as luxe or rich, and in turn, as adequate, as her. You can obviously see this for yourself in the aftermath of the Gló launch, but this has been long-standing. She regularly criticises and mocks Ali, Carrie and her mum. I screenshot in the last thread a blog post she wrote about her traumatic childhood because she was so different to her other 13 year old peers as they all had loving doting mothers unlike her, who introduced them to a three-step skincare routine. This is one example of many.

None of us are haters. We all have successful careers, partners, families, social lives. We all followed her initially and for years, because we valued her recommendations and down to earth girl next-door attitude. I purchase luxury items (my bf would say too much), I've had cosmetic surgery and I'm going to Ibiza again at the end of the summer. So it's not the lifestyle I necessarily dislike, but her shady behaviours and the impact these have on potentially susceptible young followers. Not just on their pockets, but on their self-esteem and unobtainable lifestyle aspirations also. I do admit I use humour to emphasise my points 🤪 But I'm genuinely like this in my everyday life. I also comment on the things I do like about her. I think she's a pretty girl (minus the filler), and I really like her dressing room and wedding dress for example. If Gló had been a genuine success, I as I'm sure we all would, have been like fair play 👏🏽

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 46

blue_orchid

VIP Member
I very much have gotten it. Do I feel bad for the people she scammed? Of course. But the writing has been on the wall for years.

Can I still feel sorry for her? Yes I can. And yes I pity her. Because narcissism and delusions of grandeur are serious disorders that left untreated can have a detrimental effect on a person. I know this because I have a family member who is so very similar to Lydia it scares me. My family member is unreachable and refuses to accept there is anything wrong, it's all someone else's fault, they don't live in the realm of reality.

We are seeing an edited, constructed version of Lydia and these disorders seep through. She cannot control it. The latest instagram videos were appalling that she thinks those are acceptable excuses - "guys it's all your mistakes for not getting the message right". I don't like her practices, I don't like her behaviour, I don't like the way she portrays a false, begging life online. But yes i can still feel sorry and pity for a person suffering with a mental and personality disorder.
My sincerest of apologies @Noseyparker30 . I truly meant no disrespect. Clearly, I am hot under the collar from Lydiot's latest scam. And I am truly sorry for the suffering your family member endures as well as yourself and your other loved ones watching them suffer.

Working in the psych field myself where diagnosing and treatment is part of what I do, I am extremely careful to label someone as truly and clinically mentally ill unless I have done an extensive in person clinical psych evaluation. I appreciate your being so intuned and understanding that there could be more deep seated actual clinical issues here because you have personal experience yourself. You're right, there may be.

However, in my experience, most people that scheme, fraud and scam people out of $ in this world do not do so because they are actually clinically mentally ill. There is no underlying motive, hidden agenda by those with true psychiatric illness. They do not consciously choose, plan, and execute ways to profit off others like this twit has. They have no choice in the matter of mental illness and I respect them and the strength they have to live with such an illness.

Sadly, there are many people that are just blatantly greedy and scam artists and it is them who I take issue with. They are just plain gluttons and want $ so much they will blatantly disregard the harm they do others to get rich. There is a pattern of this with numerous Youtubers now and they are not all mentally ill, they're just frauds trying to steal from innocent customers. It's purely them seeing a monetary opportunity for themselves to get rich by taking advantage of people that have become loyal followers on this social media platform.

Again, I have the utmost respect for people with true clinical mental illness which is why I have dedicated my life working in the psych field for over 20 years now so I can do all I can to help. I have respect for your family member who has struggled to live with mental illness and you and your family who also must be greatly affected witnessing and being on this journey with them.

I just do not see Lydiot in the same category as your family member which is why I have no respect for her. I may be completely wrong though but I will never know because I will never have the opportunity to clinically evaluate and diagnose her.

More importantly though, I sincerely apologize to you or anyone else that feels sorry for her and I rudely declared you did not get it. That was wrong of me and I truly apologize. I just get highly upset when innocent people have been taken advantage of. In my line of work, I've seen the aftermath of victims of this so get very passionate and clearly riled up and pissed off about it. I need to watch my words though. Again, I am sorry.

Last edited:
  • Heart

coconochanel

VIP Member
There is a positive to all of this......Tattle life has gained quite a few new members from her shit show of a launch:LOL:

• Heart
  • Haha

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Lydia Elise Millen #27 no, that’s not the thread number, that’s the number of Glóby boxes she sold. #GlobyGate

• Haha
  • Heart

EllaEllaElla

Good morning everyone. Welcome, welcome to all our newbies here ❤

🍹🍷🍻🍿🌽 Grab a seat drinks and snacks are a plenty.

TATt.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45

janedoe24

I’m sure I am not alone in saying you are very welcome. Pull up a seat. They are a funny, sharp and hugely entertaining lot here. Don’t feel bad for getting caught up in the influencer nonsense. A lot of tattlers here once admired Lydl and her peers. We are here because we are sickened by what they represent. Lydia is just a shining example of all that is wrong in the YouTube world of influencers.
Thank you so much for the warm welcome. I am so pleased to have found this like-minded community. I forgot to mention in my original post that the class structure issue is also why she treats her mother so badly - disgusting.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
. This Flog @ 32:00 waffling on as if she had invented the wheel... her over exaggerated explanation to what turned into mitts cheaply sourced from CHINA ffs 😂 stating how everyone just needs this blah blah let me tell you.. I have had ALL these “tools” in my own self made “ kit” for years you silly moo moo! I certain didn’t spend £50.00 gathering them either

I am sorry to go on about this as I have never signed up to a forum before or taken part in feedback, but I’m fed up... I’m sick of it and with all that’s happened in 2020 and globally and personally and whatever I think a lot of women that watch these youtubers looking for a bit of escapism or ideas or whatever are DONE with the bullshit 😊

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44

Lola Faith

VIP Member
Soooo if you've sold out your debut collection product, i mean wow, wow, wowzers, well done, let's tell the world. Post on your insta, twitter, everywhere, thank you so much guys we sold out in 3 days!

or

if you're Lydia...silence.

Because, she knows she's not sold out, that she's a fraud, that she's lying.

• Heart
389BB4FF-A5A0-4A9E-BB4B-434F21F2C9F0.png

That’s it Lydia, you crack on pretending everything’s ok! She knows if she’s doesn’t post anything on her stories today people will KNOW she’s depressed. Notice how there’s no stories of her actual face thought?! Hmmm tired maybe??

• Haha
  • Sick

Analina

Confirmed it’s made in China...
She's never even been to China to inspect the factory or what they adhering to, she's selling plastic for fu*cks sake hardy anything high standard or sustainable ....she most likely found the contact on Aliexpress - they bought the gloves in pairs and are selling them individually ...it took her two years to come up with such a "genius idea" ......oh Lydia Lydia watching you fail has been a real pleasure cheers hunny 🍸 keep it coming

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 43

Angeoudemon

VIP Member
I was about to say the same thing! The fact that the factory has a ISO9001 Cert (ignoring the fact that ISO themselves don’t provide this certification so it would have come from a third party) means NOTHING. Just that it’s consistent cheap tat!
Same with BSCI - provides guidelines and approaches but it’s not an auditor.

I have a friend who ran a very successful business who’s products were sold in many UK nationwide retailers. The products were made in China and he visited about 3 times a year for about a month at a time meeting suppliers, doing audit checks, producing new designs and products. He left his wife and kids at home each time he went away, but he built a successful business which he’s now sold on and moved on his next venture!
But that would be too much hard work for GLÒÓBY
"GLÒÓBY"!!!!!!!! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
It resembles Lydia, eyebrows and all!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43