Lydia Millen # 26 - 50 quid for a mitt, a glove and a backscratcher in a plastic bag - Genius!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's got three members of staff and none can set up a bloody website and spell properly!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
I’m confused about the independent bit.

Why is it an independent tanning kit?

What’s independent about it?

Reactions: 30
Hi! I've never had an account on any of these forums but I thought I'd give my 2 cents 😅
I discovered Lydia's channel back in like 2016 and she was my favourite YouTuber! I was obsessed with how down-to-earth she seemed, and came across as a humble girl with a love for nice things - like lots of girls!
But I think maybe as I got older and her channel progressed, I just couldn't relate to her any longer and certain things started to irritate me :cautious: I'm honestly so disappointed for her more than anything that this launch has seemed such a cash-grab, when she had SO much potential!
I hope they learn from this and become more in touch with the real world and real people!

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Far out. She loves sharing everything she is gifted like she’s popular. Give it up love. You just look like a tightarse With something to prove.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Aren’t they just sample bottles? This makes it sound like you get a free large normal size bottle! If it is a sample, that’s another lie she’s said to get people to buy! She just doesn’t learn!

View attachment 163727
That’s it Lydia, you crack on pretending everything’s ok! She knows if she’s doesn’t post anything on her stories today people will KNOW she’s depressed. Notice how there’s no stories of her actual face thought?! Hmmm tired maybe??

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
I’m confused about the independent bit.

Why is it an independent tanning kit?

What’s independent about it?
:rolleyes: Its independent because you can do your tan yourself without having your hubby/OH to help you and it comes in its own vegan leather bag. you silly sausage! :giggle:

• Haha
Reactions: 39
It took me the full vlog (30mins) of reading comments - everyone negative - until I reached a few ‘so excited can’t wait’ comments from her sheep at the bottom, who obviously hadn’t seen what she was selling yet.
The top rated comment is negative with hundreds of likes and apart from the odd Stan, copying and pasting on a few comments trying to defend her, surely she now realised that not everyone that leaves constructive criticism is a hater or troll?!!

Lydia, 95% of those comments are from loyal viewers, excited to support her and buy what you’d made (*bought for pence from China) but now realising it’s a cash grab scam, designed to rip them off and prey on their loyalty! Are all of them trolls?

I really hoped this brings her down a peg or two and seriously dents her huge ego. Greedy, greedy clown!!

• Heart
Reactions: 37
It’s like a car crash.

I’ve driven past but I keep looking back at the carnage. 😐

• Haha
Reactions: 65
So, this morning (not yesterday on launch day) but this morning, she posts a load of Instastories on the Glóby account, showing people what's actually in the box!
Why didn't she do that yesterday to show people what they were buying?
I was expecting to see posts last night, not this morning.

20200626_134509.jpg
20200626_134939.jpg
20200626_134836.jpg
20200626_133459.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
I don’t actually hate the black bag, it’s quite sweet. If it was the free gift with something (body shimmer / body oil / body set) retailing for about £15, I’d consider buying it.

Reactions: 14
So, this morning (not yesterday on launch day) but this morning, she posts a load of Instastories on the Glóby account, showing people what's actually in the box!

View attachment 163747View attachment 163750View attachment 163752View attachment 163754
I can't believe how patchy and grubby her hands and arms are! You can't make this up!
She's nuttier than squirrel tit if she didn't expect some backlash for this utterly amateurish attempt at grabbing money from her poor lemmings.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I don’t actually hate the black bag, it’s quite sweet. If it was the free gift with something (body shimmer / body oil / body set) retailing for about £15, I’d consider buying it.
agree the bag isn't bad but I'd expect free if i spent £60 at Clarins or something!

Aren’t they just sample bottles? This makes it sound like you get a free large normal size bottle! If it is a sample, that’s another lie she’s said to get people to buy! She just doesn’t learn!
Pretty sure it was said somewhere that they were 100ml bottles.

I wanna know why she didn't mention anything about St Tropez gifting her these extra samples. In that case surely it's a collab...

• Sick

View attachment 163747View attachment 163750View attachment 163752View attachment 163754
I mentioned in a previous post that she should have clear descriptions next to each product in the kit. I expect my consulting fee to land in my account any day now. Forgetting the inconsistent text alignment, does anyone on her team know anything about grammar? She really should have gotten a proper copywriter, or at least someone who passed their English GCSE.

Side note: What the heck is the return policy? Some sentences, it's refundable if you return within 28 days of purchase. Other part of the refund policy state it's 28 days of receiving it. Unless you're teleporting it, it's unlikely day of purchase and day of receiving will be the same day.

Edited for my own bad grammar. Would be hypocritical, except I'm not asking you to buy my £2 plastic mitts for £50.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
So I found a very similar set with 5 piece for around £2 on a Chinese website. Shopify is free, Ali did the photo shoot. So she maybe had to pay elementary brands for sourcing the Chinese factory (maybe they make a cut of the profits) and the branding design, she did a vlog of the launch (free) other than paying someone to edit the video and or write the terrible copy on the website where is the justification for the price? The GLOby box and plastic sponge bag? What happened to that sweater she showed a preview of?

in other news, Claire Chanelle got binned off by Lydiot for panelling her baby nursery, but she’s ok with Frowhomes new hallway?

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
ISO9001:2015 doesn’t mean a lot. 9001 is a Quality Management System - quality doesn’t just relate to a product, and it is absolutely NOT a QC management system (i.e. the product can still be craptastic and fall apart but come from an ISO9001:2015 accredited factory) - it’s Quality in the larger sense - that the factory has forms and procedures in place and can demonstrate it’s thought about things. Arguably, ISO14001 and 50001 are more important as they’re concerned with the environment and energy management, if she’s sooooo into sustainable products, this should have been at the top of her list (amongst other things!).
Sorry, boring bit of chat but by sticking this on the website, she’s clearly trying to pull the wool over people’s eyes by using technical waffle which actually isn’t that impressive.
not boring, really insightful, thank you!

Reactions: 15

Bloody hell look at the photoshop 'BY' they've added at the end of GLO. Also shes showing these now because she isnt selling them fast. 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Yeah they're only 100ml. I saw a funny youtube comment about how you can only tan half your leg and one armpit with 100ml and I actually burst out laughing.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
In all of her 3 hour feature length vlogs.....

Has she ever said she’s spent the morning exfoliating...like all empowered women do? Have we ever seen her moisturise with a mitt 😐

genuine question 😂
I know that I always exfoliate before all my business calls, makes me feel like a right hashtag bossbabe and I don't even need to get my husband to help me hashtag female empowerment

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.