Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

tarotbaby

Her aunty has died. And I'm not a fan of her at all and some of them tweets are shocking but calling a Chinese man a Chinese man is not racist in my opinion 🤔
Why not just say ‘a man’ instead of ‘a Chinese man’ then? Why not say ‘a man spat’ instead of ‘an Asian man spat’ or ‘a ladies hair’ instead of an ‘Asian ladies hair’ or ‘she’s a bitch’ instead of ‘she’s a Chinese bitch’? If you look at her tweets she never once says anything negative about strangers by saying ‘a white man…’. She’s creating negative associations with certain races and it’s disgusting.

Reactions: 48

peagreen

Chatty Member
I know I’ve touched on this before. I know it isn’t a big deal what so ever but it’s even the small little things that she says and does. Remember when she got her bear re stuffed/ fixed coz her dog ripped it to shreds. Well remember when she got the bear back and posted a pic of it on her story… it was then followed by a screen shot of her and her sister basically laughing and slagging off how the new bear looked. I’m sorry but I found that absolutely vile, she had sent the teddy off to a someone to fix it up. I believe this person was a follower of hers who offered to fix the bear. And all they could do was make fun. It wasn’t nice at all. Think that speaks volumes about what kind of person she really is. I know it’s just a teddy bear but to laugh at someone’s handy work that they’ve done for you coz you were so “distraught” that it had been torn up, is just so distasteful and weird.

Reactions: 37

loveislander21

Have comments been deleted from this thread or is there another thread? I don’t see any comments about her family except whether they are rich or not. I came here expecting the worst but the worst I’ve read are the screenshots of her own tweets that she wrote about other people!

FWIW I’m British Chinese and this past year has been awful for Chinese people living in the uk. I have not experienced racism like I have since the start of the pandemic. I was studying from home so didn’t need to get public transport often. When I did, some people would move seats to get away from me, mutter insults about bats and Kung Flu under their breath, even spit on my belongings and purposefully push into me. I was born here and only visited China as a very young child almost 20 years ago and I consider myself to be British so it’s very hurtful to feel blamed and ostracised for something that isn’t my fault! For her to say she’s had a bad year because some of her racist comments online had been unearthed is upsetting to me as I’ve not felt safe leaving my home due to racism and feeling physically threatened at many times during this past year. Unfortunately I can’t fix that with a couple of Instagram stories.

I hope she has grown and is a better person now. I don’t think she’s a bad person, just one of life’s victims. Everything is always someone else’s fault. Good luck to her. I won’t be following her but I don’t wish her any harm. It’s not enjoyable to see a grown woman cry like that. Hopefully she’s realised that her own views and comments may have had that same affect on others.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 35

pommobear

VIP Member
Sending people to the site so they can see what was written but simultaneously horrified people are joining the site to discuss what was written? Right then.

It's honestly immaterial whether or not it was x amount of years ago. At what point does it become unworthy of discussion? Justin Trudeau was in blackface 20 years ago. Are we not allowed to discuss that any more because he apologised?

And as for "you're immoral if you're even on tattle because it allows people to wish death on other people's children" - I mean, where do you start with that? Really? If I saw anyone say that on here I would think they were truly disgusting and vile. However, I have seen people say equally fucking abhorrent things on twitter and I am still on twitter. Is that also morally wrong? Every time you buy an item of fast fashion you are supporting human exploitation. If you have a diamond engagement ring, then the diamond in it was almost certainly obtained unethically. I mean you could spend all day listing these examples. Let's call a spade a spade and stop pretending this is some great morality crusade. It's a tit for tat because some people on a forum said some things you didn't like about someone you love. I TOTALLY get that. If someone came for someone I love my reaction would likely be similar. But it's absolutely horrific to sit here and tell POC and other minority groups that they shouldn't be discussing these issues on an open forum because said person has apologised. Look back over the past maybe 4 pages and there haven't been any comments you could really even consider insulting. Just reactions to the tweets we should apparently all be letting go of now because an apology has been made.

Many of us have spent our entire lives being told to shut up and sit down and accept that people 'didn't really mean it that badly' or 'were just ignorant', and honestly it really starts wearing very, very thin after a while.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

Getagripplease

This thread seems to have been started in November 2020 and is the only one about her that I can find? Nothing exceptionally nasty has been said except that she's a beg, constantly seeking validation and has no social awareness. I can't find anything cruel about her family but if anyone can direct me to such posts I'd appreciate it. From those stories all I've gathered is that she doesn't have very thick skin and would prefer to just post selfies and take no accountability for what she's done. "If anyone has any questions..." ummmm...you've deleted them all? If she's only willing to talk about what she's done through private messages then she's a coward. Also what the fuck does she mean "people are sending me private investigators" ahahaha, is that supposed to be some sort of threat? What in the white privilege...getting a private investigator to find the nasty trolls online who outed you as a racist!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I looked for this thread intending to defend Jes Rose… then I saw the tweets. Yes we all post silly stuff in our younger years, but seriously racist, discriminatory or bigoted content is crossing a line. Doxxing people shows she hasn’t changed from her past self. Her stance is that “she’s mortified and isn’t that person anymore”, but it’s not in any way an apology to the people she’s offending with her comments. Her “be kind/protect mental health” narrative seemingly only applies to herself. As a POC I would be (in her own words) “mortified” to support the business of someone who has been openly racist. Thank you to the people who have made us aware of this.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

Jade1092

The entitlement is REAL with this girl looking through the older tweets, but she always displays this with her constant asking for recommendations and shameless hints for freebies, it’s always things that would take a second to Google and it’s multiple times a day. Your followers aren’t your personal assistants you’d be nowhere without them.
I also remember her putting up a post a while back moaning that someone had stolen her design - and it was literally the first thing that came up on Google when you googled leaf print. There’s just an air about her of being above everyone else and it’s apparent in the way she talks both back then and now.
SO mortified that she edited the caption of that ‘apology’ to take out the mention of her being a teenager, and turning the comments off saying ‘Jes is away’ in the third person…like no, a template apology post reiterating the excuse that it was a ‘almost ten years ago’ won’t cut it when it comes to racism anymore. I’m not really about cancelling people but the whole thing has been handled badly and reeks of running away until things blow over, hoping people don’t notice, and crossing fingers that people forget about it instead of dealing with it properly. The fact that this girl was recruiting for a global tech company at the time of writing some of this stuff is honestly disgusting.
Having said all that I’d like to see her continue to do well with her business and hope she is okay in her personal life too, but she needs to take a look at herself and how she thinks about other people because she seems to really lack in basic empathy for anyone who doesn’t have the same entitled privileged (probably Tory) background as her.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

pommobear

VIP Member
I feel things need to be said about IP addresses.

Firstly, there is no legal way to track down an IP address of an anonymous forum user because the only person who has that information is the owner of the site. They can be made to share it with the police, if investigating a criminal matter. Then you would need to go to that IP address's ISP directly in order to obtain further details, and again they can't just share it willy nilly due to GDPR.

If someone hacks a website in order to obtain an IP address, that is a criminal matter which has fairly significant consequences.

Secondly, even if someone does get hold of your IP address, they don't read "Alison Smith , 75 Hill Road, Warrington". That just isn't how they work. Most will pinpoint a vague location i.e. Birmingham, but many are completely out. And even if they got your address totally right, they still can't pinpoint which device in a household it came from - if you're in a house with four other people for example, there's no way or proving which of you it is.

This was all tested when they tried to use IP addresses to bust people downloading films illegally.

Basically, if anyone hacked Tattle, stole IP addresses and then hacked an ISP to gain personal details, they'd be looking at prison time. Unless it was a criminal investigation.

Relevant to this thread, given the threats made.

Anyway, my two cents on the matter remains as previously stated: wouldn't post fake reviews, wouldn't slide into her DMs to abuse her, don't wish her harm.

Do feel entitled to discuss her tweets on here, don't feel her apology was sincere, and do feel the seriousness of what she wrote has been completely minimised. As POC you get a bit sick and tired of people telling you what you are and are not entitled to feel, frankly.

Do you know which of her tweets upset me the most? The one where she said how grating the "indian" accent was. Kids at school used to take the piss out of my Dad's strong accent.

Was just dismissed as harmless ignorance and I expect if I spoke to them now they'd dismiss it as not that bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 21

Chocolateorange67

Someone should contact press about her, pretty good headline ‘Vinyl girl has come unstuck’ ‘The girl who printed troll comments about herself on vinyl actually turns out to be a nasty racist troll’

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21

here4research

You should all be ashamed of yourselves to be commenting on a woman body/appearance - jes looks amazing and shes just having a good time on holiday, just unfollow her instead of being toxic bitches, its bad for the soul ladies and bet you don't look much better sat on your sofa snaffing yer tea in manny xx

• Haha
Reactions: 20

BillieR

Chatty Member
I suppose again it depends on what your own view of "comfortable" and "wealthy"/"rich"/"Well off" and the different classes are, but when I was 21 I wasn't renting a place with a "private patio", with my own car, an iPhone, a mac book bought by my "daddy", able to buy Kooples and loads of designer make up. By the looks of it she worked at Selfridges at the time, hardly a high paying job.

Check out this proper dick head tweet about a homeless person too

Attachments

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 20

Newshound

Someone should contact press about her, pretty good headline ‘Vinyl girl has come unstuck’ ‘The girl who printed troll comments about herself on vinyl actually turns out to be a nasty racist troll’
'Vinyl girl has come unstuck' HAS to be the next thread title, bloody brilliant 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 19

tiledcoaster

This is an interesting take, I personally don't believe brands not posting gestures necessarily relates to supporting a particular cause 🤷‍♀️
There’s no ethical consumption under capitalism etc etc but I do want to choose where my money, as a woman of color, goes. I don’t want to fund someone’s business who thinks people like me are beneath them.

funny how you were wanting the dish on some formula 1 wag a few wks ago n now you’re lil miss journo defending some random bird on insta who designs sticky back plastic hahaha pls link me to the article when you’re done honey i’m sure it’ll be a thrilling read x

it's not a public article, it's a university piece about keyboard warriors and trolls :)

• Haha
  • Heart

BillieR

Chatty Member
For anyone else heading here from her or her sister's Instagram who was none the wiser...

Tattle users have criticised her for:

* Many many racist tweets, mostly aimed at Chinese people. Be that Chinese people in general, and specific individuals such as a lady working at a particular nail salon she had been to.
* Many derogatory tweets about people she felt beneath her, usually people with less money, not well paid jobs.
* Horrendous tweets about homeless people, again specific people she had passed on the street, along with general comments.
* Lots of homophobic tweets, showing her disgust at anyone gay, particularly women. (For the record, not "just" using "gay" as an insult, but genuine disgust at any gay women, including women with short hair who, in her opinion, therefore looked lesbian).
* Endless fat shaming tweets showing her absolute disgust for anyone not slim. Incredibly insulting tweets about fat people in general as well as insulting tweets about individual fat people.

These tweets were written as an adult. In her early and mid twenties. Not as a teenager as she originally tried to claim, before we called her out for that lie too.

But tattlers are the bullies and trolls and she has "grown" 👍

• Heart
Reactions: 18
‘Apologising’ whilst still not addressing the racist, hurtful opinions she voiced repeatedly online and not taking accountability…in fact presenting herself as a victim of online bullying and wording things carefully in these stories so it sounds like a one off opinion and a one off tweet hardly helps her character in my opinion.
Also, the fact she says at the end if anyone has any questions message her….yet anyone who’s asked a question or even eluded to this issue on any of her posts for the last month has been removed or blocked…nice one Jes

TraceyJacks

Chatty Member
And now I can’t believe what her sister is posting! (Who btw I didn’t even know existed till these posts, is that what she is hoping to achieve? She is drawing a lot of attention to herself and Jes…)

Her sister has written a massive 5 paragraph post and only mentioned Jes’s horrifically racist tweets in one line at the very end saying “that was wrong.” It’s such a bad look! She wants others to be held accountable for what they say online but doesn’t have the same energy for her sister? She has contacted people’s employers so by that same logic any commercial partnerships or endorsements Jes has should be made aware of her racist past?
Also I feel like it should be made clearer that this is a forum on a website the majority of the general public is not aware of, people are not directly saying these things to Jes? Jes would have to seek this out to find it, she has made it look as though people have commented these things on her Instagram.

Jes posted those horrific things on her twitter for the world to see and could have hurt any number of people who read it but they do not seem to realise that at all.

• Heart