Loftnq - jesrosevinyl

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just re-read the tweets 😳 so she read on tattle that people were calling her fat and her clothes don't fit and it made her depressed and ill but said fat people eat mcdonalds ruins her day, and they need to put their shovel down ect 🤔 what a hypocrite
God, I didn't even see that one.

Reactions: 2
I looked for this thread intending to defend Jes Rose… then I saw the tweets. Yes we all post silly stuff in our younger years, but seriously racist, discriminatory or bigoted content is crossing a line. Doxxing people shows she hasn’t changed from her past self. Her stance is that “she’s mortified and isn’t that person anymore”, but it’s not in any way an apology to the people she’s offending with her comments. Her “be kind/protect mental health” narrative seemingly only applies to herself. As a POC I would be (in her own words) “mortified” to support the business of someone who has been openly racist. Thank you to the people who have made us aware of this.
Exactly - I'm POC and the idea that I was thinking of spending even a PENNY of my hard-earned money with this little racist, homophobic troll doll makes me feel sick.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
4DDFC449-8779-4EC2-9BFD-15F975DC77D3.jpeg

good chat honey, after all the drama i thought to myself “what would Jes do after being exposed like this?” so i swiftly removed my account and will continue lurking on a different one 😇 (not this one don’t be silly)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Sweaty Betty sponsoring a fattist probably isn't in their marketing plan

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I feel things need to be said about IP address (this lie that influencers spread explained here) .

Firstly, there is no legal way to track down an IP address of an anonymous forum user because the only person who has that information is the owner of the site. They can be made to share it with the police, if investigating a criminal matter. Then you would need to go to that IP address's ISP directly in order to obtain further details, and again they can't just share it willy nilly due to GDPR.

If someone hacks a website in order to obtain an IP address, that is a criminal matter which has fairly significant consequences.

Secondly, even if someone does get hold of your IP address, they don't read "Alison Smith , 75 Hill Road, Warrington". That just isn't how they work. Most will pinpoint a vague location i.e. Birmingham, but many are completely out. And even if they got your address totally right, they still can't pinpoint which device in a household it came from - if you're in a house with four other people for example, there's no way or proving which of you it is.

This was all tested when they tried to use IP addresses to bust people downloading films illegally.

Basically, if anyone hacked Tattle, stole IP addresses and then hacked an ISP to gain personal details, they'd be looking at prison time. Unless it was a criminal investigation.

Relevant to this thread, given the threats made.

Anyway, my two cents on the matter remains as previously stated: wouldn't post fake reviews, wouldn't slide into her DMs to abuse her, don't wish her harm.

Do feel entitled to discuss her tweets on here, don't feel her apology was sincere, and do feel the seriousness of what she wrote has been completely minimised. As POC you get a bit sick and tired of people telling you what you are and are not entitled to feel, frankly.

Do you know which of her tweets upset me the most? The one where she said how grating the "indian" accent was. Kids at school used to take the piss out of my Dad's strong accent.

Was just dismissed as harmless ignorance and I expect if I spoke to them now they'd dismiss it as not that bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 21
This is the thing isn’t it? The double standards are insane. Like her sister was whinging about having her post of a naked man sunbathing removed, but if this had been the other way around, and he had poster a similar video of her, would that be ok? You can claim that he was a stranger, true, but is it not still a violation of somebody’s privacy?

Also r.e IP address (this lie that influencers spread explained here) (above), that’s exactly right. I don’t think *she* understands how IP addresses work. She also said that I was “another one to find”, but to what end? What have I even said in this thread? Come at me if you’re so smart, I’m ready. Also, if you’re able to locate anonymous profiles via an IP address alone, I’d consider a career change as there’s a lot of money to be made in cyber security. I bet you can’t guess how I might know.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
This is the thing isn’t it? The double standards are insane. Like her sister was whinging about having her post of a naked man sunbathing removed, but if this had been the other way around, and he had poster a similar video of her, would that be ok? You can claim that he was a stranger, true, but is it not still a violation of somebody’s privacy?

Also r.e IP address (this lie that influencers spread explained here) (above), that’s exactly right. I don’t think *she* understands how IP addresses work. She also said that I was “another one to find”, but to what end? What have I even said in this thread? Come at me if you’re so smart, I’m ready. Also, if you’re able to locate anonymous profiles via an IP address alone, I’d consider a career change as there’s a lot of money to be made in cyber security. I bet you can’t guess how I might know.
Note I didn't say it CAN'T be done. It certainly can be done, but it involves several steps and your ISP has to be prepared to give you up, which they often won't do unless there is a good reason (I.e. illegal activity or harassment).

Many, many people are capable of finding out personal information about you. The point is that doing so is illegal unless certain circumstances are met.

I still don't think that doxxing people (illegally), then messaging them to say if they don't apologise you'll "out" them to their employers gives you any kind of moral high ground whatsoever. And why would you want someone to apologise to you under duress anyway? That's why Jes's apology was so insincere, because it was done under duress. It's completely clear from her sister's previous comment that the things she said "weren't that bad" that she still doesn't truly appreciate the magnitude of the things she said.

As an immigrant or the child of an immigrant, you never feel completely welcome in this country. You always feel "other". Every time someone laughed at my Dad's accent on the bus or in the supermarket, I felt shame of who I was. Those things stay with you forever and they don't go away. We should be allowed to talk about them.

Reactions: 16
I’ve followed jes for a while and thought she was really sweet and down to earth! After a while, the flouting lockdown rules and constant flaunting spending habits while so many struggled bugged me slightly, but I still enjoyed her posts and thought she was a decent person.

I saw all this come up and was intrigued as to what she said, thinking it wouldn’t be that bad, and someone (probably mistakenly, as imagine many have done the same as I) posted it was from here so I came to have a look. I got very into reading the comments, and some have been nasty and distasteful which I don’t agree is productive, so I understand why she’s hurt and I imagine that would be absolutely horrible to read and would really damage a person. To me those kinds of comments are wrong no matter what the person has done.

However, the majority of these comments I think have been constructive and are just a relatively normal debate on an online forum. She has done wrong in the past and I don’t agree she can brush it off as being ‘young.’ 5/6 years ago I was in my early 20s and I don’t believe my opinions/ideologies have changed much, I strongly disagreed with racism/homophobia/fatphobia then and I still do.

In my opinion, at that age, your brain is pretty well developed. You’ve seen enough and learnt enough to know what’s right and what’s wrong and to know more or less who you are. Of course you continue to grow but I think the foundations are there. You are smart enough to know. It’s not like racism etc. weren’t massive issues then. And while I do get that people change, a half-arsed apology isn’t going to cut it. We need actions. She needs to prove she’s changed and not just tell us. And it needs to be sincere.

Also her and her sister going on a witch-hunt for this forum seems very hypocritical and dramatic. (And not to mention, highly unlikely) Just be mature, be the bigger person, do better, and we can all move on and let this forum die.

Reactions: 14
Would also just like to add, because mental health is important that Jes, if you’re reading this, I wish you peace and happiness and truly don’t want you to suffer mentally. Take care and look after yourself and try to take social media with a pinch of salt. There’s no malicious intent here.

IP grabbing is not illegal, no. But as already mentioned, you'd not be able to ascertain someone's home address and name from their IP address (this lie that influencers spread explained here) alone. Only their ISP would be able to give you that information, and they could only do that if there were reasonable grounds to do so.

And your method of obtaining the IP address in the first place would be dodgy at best. PIs are pretty notorious for questionable practises. It also is very easy to hide your IP address - by using a VPN for instance - so the IP address you obtain might not even be the right one.

Really it begs the question as to why you would do it in the first place. Nothing criminal is happening here (that I've seen!), so the police wouldn't be interested. To what purpose then? To name and shame people? To out them to their employers? To blackmail them into apologies?

As someone who was personally extremely hurt by Jes's tweets, as already explained, I don't want an apology made under duress (as hers clearly was). I want acknowledgement of what was actually said, not glossing over, and sincerity. I'm hardly going to go to the trouble of haranguing her on social media. What good would that do?

• Heart
Reactions: 6
This whole situation went so far now I don't think even if she 'trully' apologised it would changed anything for me. She should have done it long time ago. This PI threats just buried her further. I followed her for a long time because I loved her loft and I though she was so cool but when she became so self abrorbed and I saw this forum I unfolowed. Reason
I am a foreign national living in the UK and I endured rasism on daily bases at uni, work and sometimes when I was out.This caused my mental breakdown many years ago but I wouldn't dream of going on witch hunt. When you have a mental breakdown it doesn't result in anything like what she is doing so i don't believe for a second she feels sorry. She is sorry that she got caught

• Heart
Hi I've been a follower of Jess for a looooong time and I'm aware of what she's said on Twitter. I haven't rushed here to slag her of as I didn't see the point although what she said was pretty grim. As a fellow human, I do feel a bit sorry for her as she did seem scared and sad tbh. However her sister threatening to doxx people is not a good look! She is behaving so much worse than anyone on here and THAT is what made me sign up, not Jes (who said crappy things and got caught out, she does at least seem contrite) whereas her sister is just being downright aggressive THE TOOLES ALWAYS WIN omggg and then she wonders why there's people from their school on this thread contributing! If you want to screenshot this to your stories, Amy, please do. I haven't attacked, just making an observation on what you are posting in the public arena. It's really distasteful and illegal. This is not the best way to help your sister. I mean this genuinely.

Reactions: 9
I'm sorry but her sister doing all this is making her look the biggest tool out of them both (pun intended 😅) she seems so aggressive shame she's not so passionate about what her sister said about other people

Criticising someone is not trolling.

Contacting them directly to harass them, posting false reviews about them to damage their business, constant personal abuse - that's all different to criticism.

When you have an open social media profile and many thousands of followers you open yourself up to criticism. I would be absolutely astounded if Jes or her sister had never made a negative comment about a celebrity. They've never sat down and watched a reality show and made a catty comment about a contestant? Never slagged off a politician?

In this case there has been racism, fatphobia and homophobia which still hasn't been acknowledged or apologised for, so the criticism is entirely justified IMO - certainly in the last couple of pages and especially when arguably the so called trolling is now entirely one sided. I would say doxxing people and blackmailing them into apologising is pretty much the definition of a troll.

Reactions: 4
I’m a bit confused at her sisters story as just the other day she was so smug at the fact that we could ‘no longer delete our accounts’ but now she’s had 7 accounts delete theirs 🤔 seems like someone’s losing track of their lies

I'm sorry but her sister doing all this is making her look the biggest tool out of them both (pun intended 😅) she seems so aggressive shame she's not so passionate about what her sister said about other people
Be careful there. You will get done for puns

Also - her sister saying "nothing Jes said is as bad as anything that was said on that site" is the absolute epitome of privilege in action.

People have all sorts of reasons for wanting their identity kept secret. Abusive relationships. Toxic family members. Discussing their children so safeguarding concerns. Discussing health problems they haven't discussed with anyone IRL. Personally I've found tattle a very helpful forum for talking about a specific issue I've had with my SEN son, for instance. If I got someone sliding into my DMs to say "oh we've found out you're on Tattle by getting your IP address (this lie that influencers spread explained here) , what have you got to say for yourself", I'd be reporting that to the police immediately as harassment.

I DO think some stuff on here is unnecessarily nasty BUT people frequently say the same thing about mumsnet, and that site saved my life when I was in the pit of postnatal depression.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.