Loftnq - jesrosevinyl

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The lack of BLM posts on her business and personal social media implies to me that she still thinks that way. She didn’t even do the low effort black square in her grid. She has pride products, but no BLM products. she has such a large following that she could really have made a difference.
This is an interesting take, I personally don't believe brands posting gesture
Looks like a lot of fun 😊

This is an interesting take, I personally don't believe brands not posting gestures necessarily relates to supporting a particular cause 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 1
This is an interesting take, I personally don't believe brands not posting gestures necessarily relates to supporting a particular cause 🤷‍♀️
I think if she has grown as much as her apology says, and she has ‘educated’ herself on the ‘prevelent issues’ and she is as horrified of her past self’s very ‘distasteful’ views, she would have been shouting her support for ‘particular causes’ from the rooftops. Unless of course, she hasn’t given her tweets and ‘younger self’s’ nasty views a second thought until they were brought to the attention of her followers/customers yesterday.

Interesting that a brand new member arrives with nothing negative to say about the horrific nature of the tweets, yet chooses to make a positive remark about her Ibiza video. That’s…odd.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I suppose again it depends on what your own view of "comfortable" and "wealthy"/"rich"/"Well off" and the different classes are, but when I was 21 I wasn't renting a place with a "private patio", with my own car, an iPhone, a mac book bought by my "daddy", able to buy Kooples and loads of designer make up. By the looks of it she worked at Selfridges at the time, hardly a high paying job.

Check out this proper dick head tweet about a homeless person too
I think if she has grown as much as her apology says, and she has ‘educated’ herself on the ‘prevelent issues’ and she is as horrified of her past self’s very ‘distasteful’ views, she would have been shouting her support for ‘particular causes’ from the rooftops. Unless of course, she hasn’t given her tweets and ‘younger self’s’ nasty views a second thought until they were brought to the attention of her followers/customers yesterday.

Interesting that a brand new member arrives with nothing negative to say about the horrific nature of the tweets, yet chooses to make a positive remark about her Ibiza video. That’s…odd.
very odd. Plus it doesn’t look fun. She looks bleeping awful on it. That was the whole point in sharing 😂

Reactions: 2
The discussion is around her person JesRose/LoftNQ page, not the sticky back plastic. Jes is conceited but it’s a reach to describe her try hard personal insta as a brand!

Reactions: 4
Yeah I couldn’t give two hoots about the sticky back plastic posting about “causes”, it’s about her personal account for me. I care more about an individual’s values and beliefs than a brand’s

Isn’t she trying to ‘brand’ herself by paying for sponsored posts on her personal page etc?

and the sticky back plastic is naff..

Yeah I couldn’t give two hoots about the sticky back plastic posting about “causes”, it’s about her personal account for me. I care more about an individual’s values and beliefs than a brand’s
I agree to an extent, but the business is an extension of her. She occasionally posts pictures of herself, talks in the first person and her shop is called after her name, so I do think it’s important. Her business also is very pro-pride and has pride products, so it shows her business isn’t adverse to supporting causes. Just not BLM. Which I think is a relevant point to make in the context of this discussion.

The discussion is around her person JesRose/LoftNQ page, not the sticky back plastic. Jes is conceited but it’s a reach to describe her try hard personal insta as a brand!
To be fair, it was me who mentioned her shop not posting about BLM or having BLM products. I think her and her business are very much entwined. If her business page had posted some BLM posts or made BLM products, I would be much more inclined to believe she had changed.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
There’s no ethical consumption under capitalism etc etc but I do want to choose where my money, as a woman of color, goes. I don’t want to fund someone’s business who thinks people like me are beneath them.

Reactions: 19
I agree to an extent, but the business is an extension of her. She occasionally posts pictures of herself, talks in the first person and her shop is called after her name, so I do think it’s important. Her business also is very pro-pride and has pride products, so it shows her business isn’t adverse to supporting causes. Just not BLM. Which I think is a relevant point to make in the context of this discussion.

To be fair, it was me who mentioned her shop not posting about BLM or having BLM products. I think her and her business are very much entwined. If her business page had posted some BLM posts or made BLM products, I would be much more inclined to believe she had changed.
Whilst I agree completely that her brand insta and personal insta may as well be one and the same, I actually prefer insta personalities who are not usually current affairs savvy to keep out of any type of BLM/pride etc etc / or as we all know the truth of it, bandwagon jumping, because it’s glaringly obvious it’s usually for likes and they are no better educated than any of their followers and should not claim to be so. The misinformation is shocking from some of these instahuns and as the topics are never mentioned again it doesn’t seem
Genuine in the slightest. I don’t judge an acct for not commenting on such things where they are known for home content or fashion etc. What they put on their own actual personal insta is another matter. If they were to say I’m
Hearing all about *this* topic and I’m interested to learn more, then fair enough, but that never happens

Reactions: 3
She always gave me strong Tory vibes lol. I can't remember what she said because it was ages ago but when those annoying government retraining ads were going around I remember she defended the government lol. Which is a choice, I guess.

On a side note, I actually ordered some samples because I was thinking of using them in my rental and I was just... confused?? I don't know what I expected exactly lol, but it was just printed plastic and you could very obviously tell it's not tiles at all. I felt like I had been conned by IG lol, it might look cute in photos but looks awful in real life.

Reactions: 6
Exactly!
Whilst I agree completely that her brand insta and personal insta may as well be one and the same, I actually prefer insta personalities who are not usually current affairs savvy to keep out of any type of BLM/pride etc etc / or as we all know the truth of it, bandwagon jumping, because it’s glaringly obvious it’s usually for likes and they are no better educated than any of their followers and should not claim to be so. The misinformation is shocking from some of these instahuns and as the topics are never mentioned again it doesn’t seem
Genuine in the slightest. I don’t judge an acct for not commenting on such things where they are known for home content or fashion etc. What they put on their own actual personal insta is another matter. If they were to say I’m
Hearing all about *this* topic and I’m interested to learn more, then fair enough, but that never happens
She always gave me strong Tory vibes lol. I can't remember what she said because it was ages ago but when those annoying government retraining ads were going around I remember she defended the government lol. Which is a choice, I guess.

On a side note, I actually ordered some samples because I was thinking of using them in my rental and I was just... confused?? I don't know what I expected exactly lol, but it was just printed plastic and you could very obviously tell it's not tiles at all. I felt like I had been conned by IG lol, it might look cute in photos but looks awful in real life.
i have bought vinyl from her shop TWICE! My kitchen floor and tiles have been done and she reposts my pics all the time, which is awk. I do love my kitchen, but everytime I’m in it now, I just think about her horrible tweets. I’m still looking to cover a dresser but I’m going to buy from Jennifer Faye instead.

Reactions: 8

Yeah thank you for this explanation… when you put it like that I get it 100%. Thanks for getting it across more eloquently than me!! Haha x

• Heart
Reactions: 1
sorry I posted before finishing my reply…

Exactly! I agree so much about the band-wagon jumping. It makes the person/company look bad especially when they just never mention the cause again. I don’t follow influencers for their hot-take on politics or current affairs…I follow them to see how amazing they look, how much money they have, what their house is like and to ultimately feel bad about myself and witch on tattle. Doesn’t everyone? I think that I’m annoyed because she didn’t even bother to do the bare shallow minimum at a time when everyone was talking about it. And now these tweets have come to light, I understand why.

I also think that even if an influencer/company doesn’t give a flying duck about blm, them posting about it, still keeps it at the forefront of their followers minds, and might even bring it to the attention of some people who hadn’t thought about it before. I don’t think it’s a bad thing for anyone to be talking about it when they have a platform.

• Heart
The entitlement is REAL with this girl looking through the older tweets, but she always displays this with her constant asking for recommendations and shameless hints for freebies, it’s always things that would take a second to Google and it’s multiple times a day. Your followers aren’t your personal assistants you’d be nowhere without them.
I also remember her putting up a post a while back moaning that someone had stolen her design - and it was literally the first thing that came up on Google when you googled leaf print. There’s just an air about her of being above everyone else and it’s apparent in the way she talks both back then and now.
SO mortified that she edited the caption of that ‘apology’ to take out the mention of her being a teenager, and turning the comments off saying ‘Jes is away’ in the third person…like no, a template apology post reiterating the excuse that it was a ‘almost ten years ago’ won’t cut it when it comes to racism anymore. I’m not really about cancelling people but the whole thing has been handled badly and reeks of running away until things blow over, hoping people don’t notice, and crossing fingers that people forget about it instead of dealing with it properly. The fact that this girl was recruiting for a global tech company at the time of writing some of this stuff is honestly disgusting.
Having said all that I’d like to see her continue to do well with her business and hope she is okay in her personal life too, but she needs to take a look at herself and how she thinks about other people because she seems to really lack in basic empathy for anyone who doesn’t have the same entitled privileged (probably Tory) background as her.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
sorry I posted before finishing my reply…

Exactly! I agree so much about the band-wagon jumping. It makes the person/company look bad especially when they just never mention the cause again. I don’t follow influencers for their hot-take on politics or current affairs…I follow them to see how amazing they look, how much money they have, what their house is like and to ultimately feel bad about myself and witch on tattle. Doesn’t everyone? I think that I’m annoyed because she didn’t even bother to do the bare shallow minimum at a time when everyone was talking about it. And now these tweets have come to light, I understand why.

I also think that even if an influencer/company doesn’t give a flying duck about blm, them posting about it, still keeps it at the forefront of their followers minds, and might even bring it to the attention of some people who hadn’t thought about it before. I don’t think it’s a bad thing for anyone to be talking about it when they have a platform.
I do agree that the amount of followers/reach is the perfect situation to spread the word about a cause in an ideal world.
but at the same time I just have so little respect for these people that I don’t think they have any place to be speaking on these events to an audience so big also. They just do not do the research required to be able to comment most of the time. Not saying every single one of them is bad or uneducated, but the majority are and it’s sometimes worse when they get on their high horse about stuff because it’s just for show and if they give misinformation, which they almost tend to do, ( if they don’t first manage to make it about themselves & miss the point completely) that’s a hell of a lot of people to potentially misinform.

It works both ways to my mind. I don’t think influencers etc should be judged for not getting involved ultimately. Actions speak louder than words at the end of the day so if they give a tit about any cause, truly, we’d already know. Don’t need a day or a gesture of a square or picture to prove anything. It would be clear

I know I’ve touched on this before. I know it isn’t a big deal what so ever but it’s even the small little things that she says and does. Remember when she got her bear re stuffed/ fixed coz her dog ripped it to shreds. Well remember when she got the bear back and posted a pic of it on her story… it was then followed by a screen shot of her and her sister basically laughing and slagging off how the new bear looked. I’m sorry but I found that absolutely vile, she had sent the teddy off to a someone to fix it up. I believe this person was a follower of hers who offered to fix the bear. And all they could do was make fun. It wasn’t nice at all. Think that speaks volumes about what kind of person she really is. I know it’s just a teddy bear but to laugh at someone’s handy work that they’ve done for you coz you were so “distraught” that it had been torn up, is just so distasteful and weird.

Reactions: 37
I know I’ve touched on this before. I know it isn’t a big deal what so ever but it’s even the small little things that she says and does. Remember when she got her bear re stuffed/ fixed coz her dog ripped it to shreds. Well remember when she got the bear back and posted a pic of it on her story… it was then followed by a screen shot of her and her sister basically laughing and slagging off how the new bear looked. I’m sorry but I found that absolutely vile, she had sent the teddy off to a someone to fix it up. I believe this person was a follower of hers who offered to fix the bear. And all they could do was make fun. It wasn’t nice at all. Think that speaks volumes about what kind of person she really is. I know it’s just a teddy bear but to laugh at someone’s handy work that they’ve done for you coz you were so “distraught” that it had been torn up, is just so distasteful and weird.
they worked absolute wonders on what was left of the bear too! It was an amazing job to get it back to something from basically a few shreds of fabric!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
F4963F24-64E8-4F28-8E6A-1C00414CAFA3.png
I found a screen shot I took at the time. Another dig at the person who had put their hard work and effort into it.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.