Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

hollem

I had to have surgery in the year when my son was 5 months old and I remember feeling so guilty thinking oh god what happens if bring Covid back and that was honestly one of my biggest worries despite it being a very much needed surgery and here’s this one getting nails, hair, lashes and brows done?

As my mam would say about people like her, can you imagine what she’d be like if she was good looking

Thread name suggestion
Lisa mind the girls and give granny a rest
And while you’re at it bin that black vest

• Heart
Reactions: 31

Laadeedaa

Chatty Member
Why does everyone think oh I’ve had a girl, let’s put this ludicrous bow on her head. They’re stupid and tacky. I wouldn’t even put that on an animal, must be so uncomfortable for the child.

Reactions: 24

shesnotalltherexoxo

Chatty Member
I don't begrudge her getting help.

I can't tolerate or understand her lazy parenting.
I think its outrageous she is still flagging her solo journey to mom talk when she is not solo at all. She doesn't acknowledge how different her story is to so many other moms single or partnered who don't have their entire family under their roof to help ALL day. She gets out for her blow-dry and says a bar of chocolate and coke is breakfast to try to be relatable but its not. Most of us partnered Mams have partners who leave the house to work all day. It's just us. In my case with irish twins. I'm not able to flit out for a hairdo. My emergency breakfast is dry toast while I chase a toddler away from whatever fresh danger they have found. She is so far removed from the average persons life and constantly trying to portray herself as average with Preemie Twins.

She acts the expert on everything. Gives incorrect and dangerous portrayals of how to care for them and use their equipment.

If you want to rave, get a rave thread but don't come here trying to sensor people who have a valid point.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

Thump

VIP Member
Anyone going out of their way to be nasty to a new single mother (yes, I know she has help too) who has a history of mental health issues or depression or whatever it was she discussed previously needs to take a long hard look at themselves. Yes there are valid points that could be made but whoever sent that message deserved to have their name shown by her. Those babies depend on her and if her mental health suffers what will that mean for those innocent babies. Personally wouldn’t have that on my conscience for the sake of a sly dig at her.

Reactions: 19

DeirdreIreland

Chatty Member
Look, anyone who meets someone with a new baby the first question is"oh and how are they to sleep? " to which most people reply" fantastic, they're sleeping through the night since 6 weeks" and everyone goes away happy thinking everyone is great. She's a great mother etc etc. Obviously nonsense in 90% of cases. I think Lisa may be telling a few porkies. We see 5 mins on insta. God knows what's actually happening the rest of the time. I've had 4 children, I don't believe for a second there isn't lots of crying and refusing to be let down. She must be recording the 5 mins they're down or asleep or calm or whatever in order to look like a great 'Mam'. I feel sorry for her in that case. Its like if she decided to do it without a partner she must show now how capable and efficient she is when everyone knows it can't be thst easy.

Reactions: 17

miss_americana

Chatty Member
I can’t believe she’s STILL at home. I’ll hold my hands up and admit that when our baby was in a couple of months ago her dad insisted on staying one of the nights, because being there again after our NICU stay was really affecting me (and reading here makes me feel awful for it) but I still stayed awake worrying all night and was there in the morning first thing. Why did she miss the doctor coming round?! Surely you’d want to know first hand what was happening?

• Heart

I’mThankyou_

VIP Member
Hello to any lurkers who've been directed here by Lisa! 👋🏻
We are a pleasant bunch, just concerned over some of Lisa's practices, no nasty trolls here.

• Haha

Dairymassey

Chatty Member
There was quite a lot of very useful information and tips from members here, she could use those tips, there's no shame in making mistakes and learning from them. I hope those tips on the bedding situation opened her eyes on how dangerous it was having those two next to me cribs zipped down and joined together, very unsafe for those twins. People were only genuinely concerned. I hope Lisa takes that advice on board. Parenting is all about trial and error and the best of advice can come from other parents.

That message that she shared from that person was horrible and uncalled for, I really feel for Lisa, she's vulnerable just after having her babies. Looking after a newborn is bloody tough, yes staying in pj's or night dress every day isn't good for your mental health, I agree, but I also don't see anything wrong with having a day being in nightware. I have a new baby and there are days that I have been in mine, there have been days that I've burst into tears when my husband comes in the door and all I want is a shower in peace and to be able to eat something without wolfing it down. Its hard when your newborn has colic and reflux. The piercing crying would really go through you esp when you are running on empty with lack of sleep. I hope Lisa comes away from Instagram and concentrates on her two little girls, I hope she has the support of family or friends looking out for her at this time. There is no shame in admitting that you are finding things tough. Today was one of those days for me and christ I resemble a panda with the dark circles under my eyes. 🐼 🙈

• Heart

DollyDaydreaming

Hope little Hazel is ok. But the last thing I would think of doing on the way to hospital with a sick baby is posting a story on Instagram, these people are a different breed, attention seeking of the highest order.

shesnotalltherexoxo

Chatty Member
Hello to any lurkers who've been directed here by Lisa! 👋🏻
We are a pleasant bunch, just concerned over some of Lisa's practices, no nasty trolls here.
Hello lurkers 👋

You may find some useful information here such as
- how to play with your newborns
- how to safe sleep your twins
- how to enjoy your newborns
- safe soother information
- how to get dressed and feel better post partum
- information on GD
- information on maternity benefit

• Haha
  • Heart

shesnotalltherexoxo

Chatty Member
She is loving addressing 'the karens' I.e. us 🤣🤣

News for you Lisa- we aren't wondering why you are booking blow dries and online shopping. That's what we usually do during night feeds.
We are wondering how you can walk away from your sick baby in hospital after such a short amount of time.

I am personally wondering why you say you have no time to straighten your hair now... you never done it before they were born either?

Buck up you lazy ass of a woman. Don't let those girls hear that they are the reason you don't straighten your hair? And don't leave them without their Mam while they are sick.

Plenty of us with 2+ babies at home that do manage to stretch ourselves for them because we are MOTHERS.

• Heart

Like_Literally

VIP Member
"sur who would she be in contact with only us like"

Says Lisa who was out in a shopping centre, in a McDonald's and a pub the other night if I recall correctly.

Don't tag me, there's a support forum!
Let's draw a line and get back on topic. If you want to discuss other things please create a thread in offtopic as to not spoil this thread for other people

Thumper

I absolutely hate the judgement around telling too early. There is such stigma around pregnancy loss. She's obviously aware of that potential for loss but is sharing her whole journey and this pregnancy is part of her journey now, no matter what. My first pregnancy ended in the stillbirth of my son at 41+5. Obviously loss is much less likely at that stage but there's no such thing as a safe time. I ended up needing IVF for my second son and shared immediately because I wanted to embrace and celebrate every moment, and also because I knew I'd want people to know and support if something did go wrong. It's up to each person to tell when it feels right for them, whether that's immediately, at 12 weeks, 20 weeks or with the baby in their arms. It's about time we stop shaming each other for these ridiculous 'rules' which only reinforce the shame and stigma.

Also, having done IVF, the two week wait is a killer. Most people.test early. The 'i just wait for my period' screams of the privilege of not having had to walk that road.

• Heart
Reactions: 16

butterflybilly

VIP Member
Off to get her eyelashes done today, says it all really.... dosnt give a fuck about the baby being sick, dumped with her mother again🙄

• Wow

brandambassador

VIP Member
You know the best thing about paying it forward (which Julie wasn’t, I’m sure she was paid) and good deeds is that you don’t publicise them. When someone doesn’t seek glory then you know it was selfless 🧐

Havingagawk

Chatty Member
Lads what is she going to do when they start sleep regressions and teething, standing up in the cot, transitioning from 3 naps to 2, 2 to 1?!
Apart from them being sick now, they’re the easiest they’ll ever be. Wait until they’re crawling and both demanding your attention or worse again not quite able to move about yet but want to be entertained.
I’m not denying twins must be tough work, but all babies are. And most of us are home alone during the day. We don’t have the help of other family members living in the same household.

I know people won’t agree with this but I’ll say it out. She is the reason I don’t agree with *most* people going and getting IVF as single parents. There should be some sort of vetting at every stage.
Let me explain, I think personally IVF has become very popular as a social media topic. You see numerous people documenting IVF IUI procedures on their pages, and they have genuine fertility challengesZ
I think people like Lisa have seen the attention and following it generates and Decide they’d like that too, no thought for what happens when you actually have the baby/babies. I can’t help but feel those little babies have been brought into this world for the wrong reasons.

• Sad